Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

The Madden NFL 16 hype train has begun! EA Sports has just announced the game will launch on August 25th. They have scheduled news, features and details to arrive sometime in May.

Last year, EA Sports (along with Amazon and GameStop) provided details on Madden NFL 15 on April 28th, along with a teaser trailer, featuring Luke Kuechly of the Carolina Panthers.. They also kicked off the cover voting on May 8th.

What are you hoping to see and hear about in May?

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 MooseBoyJ @ 04/17/15 11:37 PM
All I know is that I'm excited to waste my money on a game I will spend an obscene amount of time playing whilst whining about how terrible it is. It's OK to cuz I'll have Batman that whole month or 2 before Madden 16 releases so I'll he RPGd out and ready to watch DBs warp and Linebackers run step for step down the seam with D-Jax. Honestly if they bring back the ability to assign my corners follow the WRs I'll be floored. We can't all be Richard Sherman.

# 82 m1ke_nyc @ 04/17/15 11:49 PM
Also wanna add I wanna see WRs and DBs attack the ball in the air. Right now they just kinda play out an animation and hope the ball lands in their hands. They need to go after the ball. Actually make a play on the ball.

# 83 patriot1136 @ 04/18/15 01:46 AM
I wish we could create a player during our franchises instead of having to do it before you start and put him on a roster. Give us that option during the offseason or something with limits on attributes. Or make us use XP for them

# 84 mjavon @ 04/18/15 02:51 AM
I want the coverage shading to actually work. When I have man coverage and assign an inside shade and slants are wide open, that just kills me. I would be perfectly okay with being burned on a fade or out route in that scenario because that would actually make sense, but when I say "take away the slant" TAKE AWAY THE DAMN SLANT.

# 85 Kramer5150 @ 04/18/15 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyD81
Btw, Cam never said 3 year plan.
According to this,he did say 3 year plan...unless I'm missing something here.

Quote:
Speaking at the press event being held by the company, Tiburon football GM Cam Weber touched on the vision going forward for the Madden NFL franchise. Of note is that there is a new “three year plan” underway with features already mapped out through Madden 14.
http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/04/13...lan-for-madden

# 86 SmittyD81 @ 04/18/15 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer5150
According to this,he did say 3 year plan...unless I'm missing something here.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/04/13...lan-for-madden
This interview states that it's not the traditional 3 year plan.
http://www.operationsports.com/featu...-gm-cam-weber/

# 87 stopper654 @ 04/18/15 10:53 AM
Better challenge system, still can't chose what you want to challenge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 88 NoleFan @ 04/18/15 11:30 AM
I'd love to see a 2K'esque replay frequency setting lol. A replay after almost every dang play annoys me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 89 StormsWarning @ 04/18/15 02:04 PM
all im gone say is, yeah madden has been around a long time, but this community is not stupid, and we as a whole as gamer's are not stupid, the rules apply to where they are warranted. if Joe Montana is what it says it will be, you can count me on board for whatever platform it will be on, if not then i'll see what madden develops. i'm not holding my breath for madden though, there's just been to many let downs, and i am to just tired of the hope that the madden franchise can turn things around. Now with Joe Montana, if those clips and the ( questionable article ) happens to be true, then ladies and gentlemen we might in store for greatness on the gridiron with a legend reintroducing football through his eyes on a computer simulated system. oh and lets not forget something that was made by Microsoft, one of the greatest games ever in history. ( Links ) Need i say more about that game.

And with 2k and Microsoft having there hands in the mix who knows, we have already seen what 2k is capable of dong, just from there nba title. my only thing i question is why not maket the ps4 as well, kinda weird, but i'll say just very interesting...

# 90 SolidSquid @ 04/18/15 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormsWarning
all im gone say is, yeah madden has been around a long time, but this community is not stupid, and we as a whole as gamer's are not stupid, the rules apply to where they are warranted. if Joe Montana is what it says it will be, you can count me on board for whatever platform it will be on, if not then i'll see what madden develops. i'm not holding my breath for madden though, there's just been to many let downs, and i am to just tired of the hope that the madden franchise can turn things around. Now with Joe Montana, if those clips and the ( questionable article ) happens to be true, then ladies and gentlemen we might in store for greatness on the gridiron with a legend reintroducing football through his eyes on a computer simulated system. oh and lets not forget something that was made by Microsoft, one of the greatest games ever in history. ( Links ) Need i say more about that game.

And with 2k and Microsoft having there hands in the mix who knows, my only thing i question is why not maket the ps4 as well, kinda weird, but i'll say just very interesting...
2k isn't involved in jm16, there are guys here with sources that say so.

On the topic of madden, that's what happens when you're the sole maker of a game based on the most popular sport in the U.S. EA has no need to innovate or take risk bc there no other game for people to play. If you wannna play a game with your favorite team and players you have to buy madden. As much as I hate the idea and EA for doing it, it was a genius move especially when the competition was so threatening

# 91 oneamongthefence @ 04/18/15 06:38 PM
Hopefully this is the year of customization. Letting us actually create coaches and players with parts for hair and face. Clothing options and gear. Letting us realign divisions and truly have custom uniforms for teams. Let us decide our personality as a player and a coach and have custom celebrations. I think we would be much more vested emotionally if half that stuff was added this year.

The major passing game breakthrough should be untethered passes and timing should be very important and synced up with qb dropbacks.

# 92 tguna0103 @ 04/18/15 09:47 PM
I know personally I would enjoy the way franchise mode used to be. I really dislike the way scouting is done in m15. I loved playing nfl head coach because of how the scouting is done. It would be pretty neat to see them put that kind of scouting into madden. I mean there is such a yearly emphasis on the draft and it's such a big part off football so why not overhaul how it is done and have it hold the same kind of in depth analysis as in the real world. Just think pro days, combines, pre draft workouts the interviews. I mean everything involving the off season is huge in reality so why not have all of that in our games? Madden meets head coach. I'd gladly she'll out the money on that.

# 93 kingsofthevalley @ 04/19/15 07:43 AM
Very excited for this!!!! Madden15 was a pretty solid offering and I have a feeling that this year we're going to see the greatest football video game ever created. Continue to polish the infinite engine by implementing a course of action that takes weight into accountability as I think we should be done with the random animations that defy gravity this go around gents. Player movement/locomotion was better in 15 and reminded me of the realistic "turn radius depending on player velocity" that we had in the classic Madden days, however, this all definitely still needs some attention to detail. Lets focus some manpower on that please.

Not sure if it would be too much to ask, but gauntlet/practice modes should also be built as "slider arenas" also. Meaning that the "universal sliders" (the ones that work the same across all modes, reminder lmao) can be accessed within the pause menu and we can field what ever position we want. This would work perfectly for streamlined, precision slider testing no doubt. I understand that slider gurus are probably a very small population of the Madden community, but you already have the shell of this option available, we just need to be able to get to the sliders during one of the previously mentioned modes, and that could be a done deal.

"I read a post that stated something to the effect of, this topic usually would've had 100 replies but it doesn't because no one is interested." Completely disagree. I'm on the other side of the fence with that one. I think the requests/suggestions are short because damn near everything the forum was asking for is pretty much in the game now. I've been around, either posting or lurking during the console generation transition (xbox to xb360) period with all of the 2k comparisons and complaints. If you sit back and assess things, you'll notice the requests have been implemented and the complaints are getting shorter and shorter.

Trust me, this is coming from someone who has been EXTREMELY disappointed with many of the previous iterations of the game. 15 was very solid and I still play it every now and then…….thats saying something!!! The biggest complaint I've seen arise that seems to be universal is WR/DB interaction, which I agree with, but it honestly didn't stick out with me as a major game changer but hey if you can get it in there, anything to make the game better I'll take. Other than that, (and my previous suggestions of course) I think the devs have been doing great as of Madden 25/15. 25 is where they turned it around, so for me 16 is where I'm expecting some HUGE jumps. This will be year three.

# 94 SmittyD81 @ 04/19/15 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
C'mon homie, smh. You gotta know better than that. These dudes are on their 3rd 3-year plan and still building a game on broken technology. My dude, they ported the code of a broken game into a new generation, lol! Surprise surprise the game has most of the same damn problems as it did all last generation. How can things get better when youre using the same broken mess as a foundation? Dont you cats see the problem? Theyre adding more stories onto a house that was built on quicksand.

That dev team is full of you know what. Why keep helping them BS the public? They know they cant fix most of these problems and the sim issues we complain about will never be right as long as they stick with this dinosaur code and tech theyve been using since the early 2000s, and its funny to me how Donny Moore would even open his mouth to disrespect Joe Montana on Twitter like that as if Madden is some kind of example of best in class tech, smh. Who is Donny Moore to disrespect Joe Montana? Donny Moore is nobody, and he wouldnt even have a job if it werent for people like Joe Montana going out there risking his body for this game for all those years.

At this point yo, I don't want another NFL game just because I want another NFL game. I want another NFL game thats great and wrecks Madden into NBA Live status just because the people making this game whove publicly revealed themselves are detestable unprofessional people who have no respect for the game of football or the greats who made it great, and because of that these clowns arent worthy of respect. And the fact that they come off like that in public makes it clear as to why the game they make is so effed up.
I appreciate your opinion and respect how you feel. I want JM16 to be great, but I'm not gonna deny gameplay improvement to uphold a generally accepted opinion, especially from these past 3 games.

# 95 SmittyD81 @ 04/19/15 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringbacksimfootball
The improvements are acknowledged. The problem is that those improvements have been infinitesimal. We're talking about things that other sports franchises be it football or otherwise nailed ages ago. Sorry, but there is no excuse for that and defending it now is either total naivety or just flat out dishonesty.

Look at my YouTube channel vids, and look at how many times I identified an issue in Madden 15 that was present in Madden 06-25? Core problems that go to the heart of what makes football FOOTBALL. I didn't even have to say a word in the vids, because the footage speaks for itself. And to make it worse, I didn't even have to try hard to look for them. I just played the game and noticed issues easily and recorded the vids as I played. That's how many problems this game has, you don't even have to try.

And what was Clint Oldenburg's response to it? Denial. At least with Ian he was straight with me and maybe it's because I saw him face-to-face a lot. But these newer guys? All they do is deny and downplay. Going by their Twitter responses, absolutely everything we care about is "minor" to them, and that's probably why the game is still stuck in 2003 with AI one would expect from a 2003 game along with animations to match.
I appreciate and respect your opinion.

# 96 CM Hooe @ 04/19/15 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
This is the Madden NFL forum.

No more 2K talk in this thread.
Friendly reminder. This goes for the Joe Montana game too. Neither should be brought up in this thread or in this sub-forum, period.

If you want to make comparisons, go to the Football - Other subforum.

# 97 SageInfinite @ 04/19/15 11:39 AM
All these posts are great, but they don't mean anything when people are still buying the game. The only way we see a real change is if these sales plummet. Until then it just sounds like we're all complaining and it's "us" and not the game.

# 98 roadman @ 04/19/15 11:42 AM
Whoa, before people start pushing Clint off a cliff, let's back up the truck a bit here.

He does respond, correct? I did see Moody respond just this week that Clint watches all the videos he sends him and state he doesn't have to, correct?

An employee won't say anything bad about their product on a public platform that is seen by millions across the world. It's not like Cheers where everybody knows their name.

Maybe if and when Clint leaves Tibouron he will write a tell all novel, but he won't acknowledge issues in public to the people that writes his check, would you?

If I went on FB and Twitter and said anything resembling negativity towards the company I work at, I could be fired based on corporate policy and it's in black and white in the company handbook I signed.

I have my issues with Madden and it's well documented in one of these threads.

# 99 CM Hooe @ 04/19/15 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEgend
It's pretty strange how they'd announce the games release date but not officially include the platforms that it will be released on. So when do you guys think they'll (EA) announce them? Please don't answer this question with, "Amazon has it listed for pre-order for Xbox 360" either.
I would guess E3.

I suppose the only real questions are whether the game will appear on last-generation consoles, and also whether it will appear on PC. We know it will appear on the latest consoles because there's at least twenty years of history backing the idea that Madden always appears on the latest consoles, and there's no reason for this year to be an exception.

Based on the series' history, I would venture to guess the platforms will be PS4 / XBOX One (both are givens) and PS3 / XBOX 360.

# 100 SageInfinite @ 04/19/15 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Friendly reminder. This goes for the Joe Montana game too. Neither should be brought up in this thread or in this sub-forum, period.

If you want to make comparisons, go to the Football - Other subforum.
Except we can't do that either, lol.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.