Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

The Madden NFL 16 hype train has begun! EA Sports has just announced the game will launch on August 25th. They have scheduled news, features and details to arrive sometime in May.

Last year, EA Sports (along with Amazon and GameStop) provided details on Madden NFL 15 on April 28th, along with a teaser trailer, featuring Luke Kuechly of the Carolina Panthers.. They also kicked off the cover voting on May 8th.

What are you hoping to see and hear about in May?

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 CM Hooe @ 04/19/15 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Except we can't do that either, lol.
Yes, absolutely you can.

There are rules in the Football - Other forum set in place for the discussion involving a specific game which hasn't even been officially announced due to the manner it was previously being discussed. Beyond that, you absolutely may go to the Football - Other forum and compare games.

This forum, however, is for discussing Madden and Madden only, without bringing up other games. To that end, the discussion in this thread stays on Madden and nothing else.

If you have questions as to how this forum operates, feel free to send me or any other moderator / senior moderator / forum administrator a private message.

Back on topic.

# 102 countryboy @ 04/19/15 01:06 PM
I used to be a big Madden fan. Played it yearly up until a few years ago. Now I just can't get into it as the series continually, imo, tries to re-invent itself and continually lacks the fundamentals.

I gave '15 a try and while it was good the fundamentals were not there (no penalties, wr/db interaction) and the owner mode was basically broken.

What am I hoping to hear? I'm hoping to hear something that gets my attention again. Something that makes me stop and take notice. Because as of now, Madden is an afterthought for me. I have no desire to play the game. I'm wanting something that makes me feel like I did when I looked forward to the release of the game.

# 103 SmittyD81 @ 04/19/15 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
Even if that were true, you do realize that much of what he said isn't an opinion, right? Football fundamentals aren't opinion. There is a right way and a wrong way to do everything in football, and clearly Madden's animations and AI consistently display wrong ways that objectively don't line up with fundamental football.

Now, his view that the improvements have been small could be viewed as an opinion, but can you honestly say with a straight face that this is wrong? I mean, Smitty, let's be real here, can you honestly say the pace of innovation from 2005 to 2015 with EA/Tiburon at the helm is the same as the pace from just 1999 to 2004 when there was competition? Can you name any single innovation that EA/Tiburon has put into Madden in the last decade that put it ahead of where football gaming was before the exclusive license? I really want to know, because I can't think of a single thing Madden has introduced in the last decade that could be classified as "innovation".

As for his interactions with Clint Oldenburg, well, that's a fact because we can see that in writing. All Clint does is talk to people like they're crazy when they mention a problem. BBSB showed the man footage from the game and he denies it like it's not there, lol. I remember a funny one where Clint was saying that the blocking AI is the best ever of any football game ever made, then RyanMoody and BBSB both quickly posted videos of plays where the blocking was completely broken (not that it's hard to find those). This is the sort of stuff that can't be defended.

What makes people concerned about this whole thing is that people who defend this game pretty much respond the same way the EA Employees do now, but EA employees get paid to respond like that. I think people want to see expectations being demanded by people interacting with EA, rather than an endless sea of hope that ignores the reality we can all see, because at this point wouldn't a person not want to keep having their time wasted?

It's good to be positive, but there comes a point when positivity becomes gullibility and the communities that defend this game are way past the positivity point now. It's like they're all just parroting PR statements written by Tiburon.
I don't know if you pay attention to me at all or not, but if you have been for at least the past 5 years you would know that I've been saying for the longest that Madden and EA football has been far behind any other sports title out there and it needs to catch up. We all know this even the current devs know this.

It's going to take time for the game to get where it needs to be, but internal change was required in order for that to happen. Since that has taken place the game has progressively improved over the past three years you don't have to admit it or acknowledge it but I'm not going to deny it despite the flaws and the gameplay issues.

Is it a shame that Madden isn't better than 2k football yet? Obviously it is, but these current devs have been there for 3 games currently and Madden 16 will be their fourth. Me blaming them for what happened prior to 2012 is like blaming Jim Caldwell or Jim Schwartz for the Lions going 0-16 back in 2008 and still holding that over their heads because they didn't win a super bowl yet.

I judge by what actual progress is made, and give my opinion based upon it. The fact of the matter is that this game has been making demanded progression that this community has made for numerous years. it may not be perfect or flawless but I'm not going to deny the fact that the game has been taking necessary and much needed strides so you get that simulation product that we all been demanding for all this time. with Joe Montana football on the horizon we're also going to get choice back into the football gaming marketplace. So I look forward to hopefully having two decent football games to play this year.

Once again I appreciate and respect your thoughts and opinions, as I'd hope you'd do the same with mine. Peace.

# 104 CM Hooe @ 04/19/15 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
Thats how it seems like Tiburon thinks. Its "us" and not the game.
And ultimately they are correct.

They are artists creating a video game. They work on a wildly successful video game franchise and are rightfully are proud of their wildly successful work. If a consumer doesn't like the creative direction their game, he is by no means obligated to buy it or even pay attention to it.

They are by no means in the wrong for that point of view, much to the chagrin of the "sim community".

# 105 CyberRudy25 @ 04/19/15 02:26 PM
Add all the features they got rid of over the years. Rado Frank Bruno. The combine. Add NFL 2K5 ESPN presentation. Than Add something new on top of that like different studio NBC, ESPN . ABC networks with twitch to broad cast games. Make the Superbowl more Hyped. media. rival. players talking smack. Coach interviews, players interviews.

# 106 kjcheezhead @ 04/19/15 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyD81
I don't know if you pay attention to me at all or not, but if you have been for at least the past 5 years you would know that I've been saying for the longest that Madden and EA football has been far behind any other sports title out there and it needs to catch up. We all know this even the current devs know this.

It's going to take time for the game to get where it needs to be, but internal change was required in order for that to happen. Since that has taken place the game has progressively improved over the past three years you don't have to admit it or acknowledge it but I'm not going to deny it despite the flaws and the gameplay issues.

Is it a shame that Madden isn't better than 2k football yet? Obviously it is, but these current devs have been there for 3 games currently and Madden 16 will be their fourth. Me blaming them for what happened prior to 2012 is like blaming Jim Caldwell or Jim Schwartz for the Lions going 0-16 back in 2008 and still holding that over their heads because they didn't win a super bowl yet.

I judge by what actual progress is made, and give my opinion based upon it. The fact of the matter is that this game has been making demanded progression that this community has made for numerous years. it may not be perfect or flawless but I'm not going to deny the fact that the game has been taking necessary and much needed strides so you get that simulation product that we all been demanding for all this time. with Joe Montana football on the horizon we're also going to get choice back into the football gaming marketplace. So I look forward to hopefully having two decent football games to play this year.

Once again I appreciate and respect your thoughts and opinions, as I'd hope you'd do the same with mine. Peace.
I just disagree with the progress. Player sense 2.0 and every player takes terrible pursuit angles. Offline cpu robo qb and they all take 20 sacks a game. Online there is a way to block every kick with any team because it plays out the same every time.

It's a polished version of the disaster of a series that was last gen. Better hardware, different devs in charge, same results imo. Which is why I say the game is what it is. SIM/arcade hybrid. This game isn't at the level of 2k in realism and it will never be unless they start from scratch. Even then I don't think they even want to remove the arcade aspects. it's what makes madden, madden.

# 107 SageInfinite @ 04/19/15 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
And ultimately they are correct.

They are artists creating a video game. They work on a wildly successful video game franchise and are rightfully are proud of their wildly successful work. If a consumer doesn't like the creative direction their game, he is by no means obligated to buy it or even pay attention to it.

They are by no means in the wrong for that point of view, much to the chagrin of the "sim community".
I'm sure the NBA Live devs felt the same way until they got the **** kicked out of them. Luckily the Madden devs and its fans don't have to worry about that.

# 108 SageInfinite @ 04/19/15 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyD81

The real internal changes that need to happen still haven't. For this game to ever surpass these other sports games, we need alot more to change.

# 109 roadman @ 04/19/15 03:16 PM
Quote:
I think we get that player, I dont want them to say anything negative. Just want them to not deny video evidence. Its like, if I order an apple pie from a baker and he brings me a pie with no apples in it, I show him no apples are in it, I want him to admit the problem I show him exists and then for him to fix it and give me what I was told I was payin for.

My deal is, if these dudes wont even admit there is a problem, how can we ever have faith that they can fix it? Its been a lotta times over the years where they faked the funk on things so its not like its new to us, its just now they do it on Twitter and more eyes can see it and holla back at it.

Its cool that Clint responds, but its gotta mean somethin to the game for it to matter. Based on how he responds alotta times I cant see how the mentality he puts out can help the game. I dont know how many times this dude has acted like every problem with Madden in the past is not worth talking about because he wasnt there when it was made, even though the problems are still there. What does he expect people to do? Its like he expect us to give it a pass cause he wasnt there when it started, lol.
Recent tweet from Clint:

what ever happened to living worlds? Still remember the ignite trailer with the cheerleaders and players on sideline

Clint Oldenburg
‏@ClintOldenburg
@TFer717 that was a big fail for us. We thought we were delivering more than we actually could. Our eyes were bigger than our stomach.

So, there is evidence he does point out failures.

Another one that he is at least listening.

has done many videos showing how bad those issues are

Clint Oldenburg
‏@ClintOldenburg
@TroyLovett1969 @ShutdownSafety I know. I watch them and communicate with Ryan quite a bit

RM21 ‏@ShutdownSafety Apr 16
@ClintOldenburg @TroyLovett1969 Clint responds to every message, watches every vid he is sent. He doesnt have to, but he does.

@TroyLovett1969 @ClintOldenburg Why, so my comment section would become a hate filled dialog like his Twitter? I don't even want that.

# 110 CM Hooe @ 04/19/15 03:50 PM
Quote:
I'm sure the NBA Live devs felt the same way until they got the **** kicked out of them. Luckily the Madden devs and its fans don't have to worry about that.
Not sure how that's at all relevant. NBA Live hasn't been a quality game since the PSX (PS2 at best; it's been at least a full console generation since it was highly regarded), its failures were at least partially of its own design. Madden had a slump but it was never the consistent colossal failure that Live was.

Could things have been different if EA's poor start on the XBOX 360 console generation were combined with a strong competitor? Maybe. We'll never know, so I don't really feel compelled to speculate.

Quote:
Okay, I understand that side of it. But then they should quit tellin us they have the most realistic simulation football game on earth when its not true.
Don't expect this either. Madden is the most realistic football game available on PS4 and XBOX One by default; there's no contemporary on the current hardware.

# 111 SageInfinite @ 04/19/15 04:25 PM
Quote:
Not sure how that's at all relevant. NBA Live hasn't been a quality game since the PSX (PS2 at best; it's been at least a full console generation since it was highly regarded), its failures were at least partially of its own design. Madden had a slump but it was never the consistent colossal failure that Live was.

Could things have been different if EA's poor start on the XBOX 360 console generation were combined with a strong competitor? Maybe. We'll never know, so I don't really feel compelled to speculate.
Yeah I forgot who I was responding to for a second, I apologize for even trying to discuss Madden with you.

# 112 countryboy @ 04/19/15 06:11 PM
Quote:
You could to a point make the same argument about Madden not be relevant since the PS2 days. Every installment on the PS3 felt like a step back and it was because they kept trying to re-invent the wheel.

Quote:
We will never know how it would've worked out for them on the 360/PS3 since their wasn't competition but I don't think you can truly write off the fact that the most highly regarded Madden was 2005 and just by coincidence they had competition that year.

# 113 oneamongthefence @ 04/19/15 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Recent tweet from Clint:

what ever happened to living worlds? Still remember the ignite trailer with the cheerleaders and players on sideline

Clint Oldenburg
‏@ClintOldenburg
@TFer717 that was a big fail for us. We thought we were delivering more than we actually could. Our eyes were bigger than our stomach.

So, there is evidence he does point out failures.

Another one that he is at least listening.

has done many videos showing how bad those issues are

Clint Oldenburg
‏@ClintOldenburg
@TroyLovett1969 @ShutdownSafety I know. I watch them and communicate with Ryan quite a bit

@ClintOldenburg @TroyLovett1969 Clint responds to every message, watches every vid he is sent. He doesnt have to, but he does.

@TroyLovett1969 @ClintOldenburg Why, so my comment section would become a hate filled dialog like his Twitter? I don't even want that.
That sums up Madden in a nutshell. A lot of great features but they don't work as intended or are riddled with bugs. I think the hate would be much less if everything worked right out the box. Its been like this For far too many years.

# 114 roadman @ 04/19/15 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
That sums up Madden in a nutshell. A lot of great features but they don't work as intended or are riddled with bugs. I think the hate would be much less if everything worked right out the box. Its been like this For far too many years.
Well, for one, we live in the patch era.

I don't know of a sports game that I've owned that didn't have patches after coming out of the box.

Of course, before anyone thinks or writes that there are better sports games than Madden, I'm not disagreeing, just saying each game needs a patch or patches.

# 115 SmittyD81 @ 04/19/15 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Hey smitty, thanks for responding to OS posters. I would like to address the "progressively improved". This happens to be a matter of opinion. Mine is that Madden has taken some significant steps BACKWARDS since completely changing direction after M12.

I recognize the "progressive improvements" in gameplay, but my opinion is huge steps were taken backwards in franchise. As gameplay has made some improvements toward realism, franchise has made huge steps toward arcade. It's my opinion that these improvements in gameplay don't come close to making up for the steps backwards in franchise. Now this is just my opinion and I realize others do like the franchise changes. I don't.
First of all I appreciate your response, I no that is going to take a lot more for this game to please the majority instead of it being a mixed bag. Competition will most definitely help that with Joe Montana coming soon. I think that Madden overall is going to take time to get back to the greatness that it once was and the cool thing about this is that the team knows it and isn't denying any of that. the only problem is that it's going to take time to get the game back to where it once was and in some cases regardless of what they do they'll always be viewed as minimal/not making progression. It is what it is, all they can do is work with the hand their dealt.

# 116 gr18 @ 04/19/15 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
I agree.Madden had been especially bad in being a particularly annoying experience at launch.Numerous bugs that make patches pretty much a useless exercise.We have to band aid or completely disregard/overlook certain things or features in the game that should work but instead just hope that next year it'll be at least better.

If the game functioned reasonably better,despite it's flaws,after you plunk down the $60 it would be a nice start.

# 117 philliesfan136 @ 04/19/15 07:41 PM
Okay.. so is Tebow gonna be in the game?

# 118 RyanLaFalce @ 04/19/15 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesfan136
Okay.. so is Tebow gonna be in the game?
Yea he will be.

# 119 SmittyD81 @ 04/19/15 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Smitty, my point is they were not dealt CFM. They created CFM. And though I have no problem with EA combining modes, I have a very strong distaste for what they did with franchise. The direction the franchise team went is very arcade.

I too am hopeful for competition. That may be my only hope toward a more realistic franchise mode.

I want to make myself very clear Smitty. I don't want EA/Tib to take out the CFM franchise they have now. If they did that, the ones that enjoy the current franchise would end up in the same boat I'm currently in. I'm left with hoping some Video football game will provide a realistic franchise mode (off field stuff) or madden provides options for franchise realism. But so far I've lost all hope with madden providing any kind of realistic (non arcade) franchise by the direction the current team took CFM/Franchise.

Though I do give Rex and his team credit for the improvements they have made toward realism. I can't give the franchise team the same credit. Just very frustrating for me.
I fully agree with you in regards of CFM. There is no true challenge in terms of depth and immersion. it does need a lot more work in terms of how the mode used to be back then on PS2. Gameplay and Franchise go hand in hand. Need the depth to have much more value overall.

# 120 SmittyD81 @ 04/19/15 08:25 PM
Quote:
The real internal changes that need to happen still haven't. For this game to ever surpass these other sports games, we need alot more to change.
We shall see what's done.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.