Home
The Golf Club News Post

The Golf Club has been a successful title in many ways for HB Studios and for sports gamers, showing a sports game which gives much of the control of the user experience over to the users can be a successful formula if done right. It has also been a prime example of generally excellent post-release support, with several content updates and gameplay patches.

But we haven't heard much about what HB Studios plans for The Golf Club after this Spring's update. In a recent blog post, the company tries to answer that question.

Quote:
"This week we’ve really been looking at the future of The Golf Club, things that we can do past the May update in the short term and the long term. Things like Greg Norman Course Designer improvements, more themes, an API to help fan sites, etc. The team have as many ideas as you guys, so imagine how much we have to get through. Every round we play, even every shot we play, we come back with more ideas. It’s a great place to be in though, with so much still to do on our wish list we look like we’ll be busy way into the future."

There's a lot of additions hinted at for the future, including new drop ball functionality as well as new updates to profile screens. This is certainly good news, as those who put in the initial investment into The Golf Club can continue to enjoy the game with new content for month's to come.

What do you think about the future of The Golf Club? What should HB Studios do to spice up the experience?

Game: The Golf ClubReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
The Golf Club Videos
Member Comments
# 21 AnthonyKyne @ 04/23/15 11:41 AM
The digital version will be coming down in price to $29.99 next Tuesday, the day of the disk release, so that when the DLC comes out it will match the price of the disc version.

# 22 Chairman7w @ 04/23/15 06:52 PM
Sorry, but I just gotta jump in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavus
You do realize that hasn't been the mode for career progression for several releases, right? You earn XP by playing the game and accomplishing things on the course. As your golfer gains experience you can apply that to different areas of your game.
Yeah, that's great. That's what that other game does, and does well. Good for it. This is not that game. If you want that, you can play that other game.

Quote:

Lining up with a generic golfer and whacking away with the same generic clubs and skills was great in the days of Links.
Comparing The Golf Club to Links is downright silly. Your credibility flies right out the window when you make comparisons like that.

Quote:

But I want a lot more out of my game than user made courses that pale in comparison to the real courses offered in the TW series.
You obviously have not seen much of what is being created out there. It's incredible. I've played the other golf games (all of them, really) over the past 30 years, and the graphics on this game and the quality of the courses that the community is producing is as good as *anything* out there. That may change when the new PGA game comes out, and that's okay. I plan on getting that, too.

Quote:

No one is saying TGC is a bad game. But it has become common in this forum to call out TW players as cheesing arcade loving kids that don't appreciate the strategic nature of the game.
Heh - I played a guy in the other game once that wore a Space Suit, and shot a 54. LOL /thread

Quote:

And that just isn't the way everyone plays the game. There were plenty of great guys to play with in online tournaments that used more sim settings.
Unfortunately, the ratio of SpaceSuit guy to SIm guy is WAY outta whack.

Quote:

And if someone does want to add the assists and boosts because they think it is more fun to just play than to spend time practicing, it's not bad that the game caters to them, too. What I liked most about the TW series is that there was a lot do. The mini games, career mode, using the pros in exhibition, online play and tournaments, including playing against real life scores on the same course that the pros were playing that weekend, and even customizing my golfer all make it a fun package. I do wish they would add the use of Pros in season play instead of just building up your own character.

I don't think there is wrong with someone asking if TGC offers something that they enjoyed in another game.
No, man. I think that's what you're missing. They (TGC) don't *want* to be the other game. They are their own entity. If you like the other game, great! Go play it, have fun! I know I will. I'll play it and enjoy it, and I'll play and enjoy The Golf Club too.

There's room for both!

# 23 DivotMaker @ 04/23/15 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w

No, man. I think that's what you're missing. They (TGC) don't *want* to be the other game. They are their own entity. If you like the other game, great! Go play it, have fun! I know I will. I'll play it and enjoy it, and I'll play and enjoy The Golf Club too.

There's room for both!
^^^^This.....

# 24 kehlis @ 04/23/15 07:56 PM
Guys,

The EA vs 2k wars wore very thin on this forum when they were happening for the football games.

I beg of you, please don't let our peaceful small golf forum small to the same fate.

There are seperate threads dedicated to each game. No need to bring discussions from one game into a thread about the other when it's being used as a means of negatively attacking either game.

# 25 Skyboxer @ 04/24/15 12:06 PM
What I don't get is in FB all we hear is "No competition!!" etc.. that ends in company vs company back and forth..

Then we have golf where we have some options and it goes to a "This game/company is better" back and forth.

Just shows too many people aren't happy unless they are bitching about something.
Just like if we had FB options.. I'll be grabbing all and enjoying what each brings.

# 26 woodjer @ 04/28/15 03:30 PM
gustavus, I'm the one that supposedly was mocking fans of the other game. I would encourage you to re-read my post as a comparison of the approach of both games...and the last sentence where I say "I got nothing against people that want those things but it's just not in TGC." I've re-read the post and don't see where I was insulting anyone other than having old information based on the last time I played that game. In the end, the question was asked if there was a season mode and someone responded that it was coming soon. Now, some people might make some assumptions about what would be included in that and I wanted the person that asked the question to be informed when it comes to how TGC operates. I apologize if my comparisons (albeit dated) upset you.

kehlis, I'm sorry for not ignoring this conversation. I just wanted to make it clear that I was NOT putting anyone down or insulting their golf game of choice.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.