Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

MLB 15 The Show patch 1.02 is available now for both PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 consoles. Play a few games and let us know what you are seeing.

Check out the details below.
  • Online Gameplay – Game would occasionally hang following an Intentional Walk, a regular Base on Balls, a Hit by Pitch, or a Balk.
  • General – Batters would strikeout on the second strike when the performed certain check swings at pitches in the dirt.
  • Franchise mode – Edit Player screen was limiting users from editing generated players, and players on certain teams.
  • General – Specific home runs would result in a baserunner staying on 1st base, and not score correctly.
  • Online Franchise - Injuries were not occurring during Online Franchise games.
  • Online Gameplay – Guessing Pitches had a delay and users would occasionally fail to guess Location and Pitch Type when offering input quickly.
  • Online – Within Game Rooms, users were missing their rank logos that distinguished them as Rookie, Veteran, All-Star, Hall of Fame, or Legend rank.
  • Online – Play Now Rated and Diamond Dynasty – Home and Away team assignment was not random, resulting in some users always being the home team, or always the away team.
  • Online – Play Now Online rated – Controlling the KC Royals, user would be given control of the ace pitcher (Ventura) no matter who was chosen to be the starting pitcher in the Pitcher Select screen.
  • Card Collections – Redeem Legend button was missing after completing a collection.
  • General - CPU runners were not using correct lead off logic.
  • General – Specific edited rosters would cause the game to crash when loading into a Road To The Show Showcase game.
  • General – Andrew McCutchen’s hair has been adjusted – We gave him a haircut to match his current appearance.
  • General – Wrigley Field had some collision/Home Run detection issues. Certain foul balls were being counted as Home Runs down the 1st base line.
  • General – Sounds of the Show issues have been resolved. Custom music was not being saved correctly where users intended them to.
  • General – Public Announcer audio was frequently incorrect (announcing the wrong name) during the end of game wrap up and also when bringing relief pitchers into the game.
  • General – Highlight Reel was added back into post game menus, by popular demand!
  • General – Tweaking and refining of in game sound effects.
  • General – Front End User Interface tweaking. Team colors on User’s Player Card.
  • General – Tuning to trade logic, specifically how the CPU traded with other CPU teams in Franchise and Season modes.
  • General – Baserunning/Lead Runner windows were missing from Manager Mode.
  • General - Players will now wear sleeves when the game is played at lower temperatures.
  • General – Fixed many occurrences of consumer reported crashes, reported to us through the PS4 operating system crash reporting tool. Areas that encountered these rare crashes included: Exiting Amateur Draft in Franchise mode / Entering Diamond Dynasty / During initial boot-up / Using the Suggested Trade feature in Franchise mode / Specific in game scenarios.
  • Community Market – Changing pages in the marketplace completed order now works.
  • Gameplay – Animation clean up and tuning.
  • Gameplay – Adjustments to tagging sliding baserunners.
  • AI tuning – Bunt success rate was incorrect/too successful and accurate.
  • Year to Year Saves modifications – Properly handling a small batch of players who were not in the league in MLB 14, and how they transfer over to MLB 15.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 stlchamp10 @ 04/23/15 12:34 PM
Any mentions or fixes on when you have auto base running and when you bunt with the pitcher the runner on first goes to third every time?

At work and can't check for myself...

# 82 Godgers12 @ 04/23/15 12:45 PM
Has the issue where more than one run would score on a walkoff hit, been fixed? For instance, in a 2-2 game runners on 3rd and 2nd, single up the middle, it would say 4-2 at end of the game as both runs were credited. Whereas, in real life only one would be allowed to score as he was the winning run, only exception is on a HR. I've encountered this issue 3 times already.

# 83 Mike Lowe @ 04/23/15 12:55 PM
The trades are VASTLY improved, however I've notice a new flaw I've never seen before:

All teams set to auto for a test sim.

Tigers trade SS Dixon Machado for C AJ Jimenez of Toronto. Cool.

Later, Tigers trade SS Jose Iglesias to SF for C Andrew Susac. Ok.

With Andrew Romine hurt, the only other SS in the entire organization is Josh Prince...whom the Tigers leave in AAA all year and instead go with their new Cs at SS, and even a spell from CF Anthony Gose.

Amazingly, Detroit hs the 4th best fielding % as well as the 4th least amount of errors through July 31st.

Again, this game's biggest flaw remains its inability to call up players properly for performance and now apparently need.

Even with 40 team control, which I personally don't enjoy using and thus don't, it's a tedious thing to have to manage 30 club's minor leagues.

# 84 tree3five @ 04/23/15 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesgiants
can you now edit positions and not have the secondary positions disappear?
Yes you can. I just tried it.

# 85 Bullit @ 04/23/15 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mets7766
Yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about. Today, post-patch, though, it's been different. I'm in position, but no less than three times, the outfielder simply had the ball pop out of his glove. I realize that this does happen in real life, but three times in one game is a little overboard.
Obviously you don't watch the Nationals play, or see Matt Adams Tuesday drop two at first base right out of his glove.

# 86 bronxbombers21325 @ 04/23/15 01:08 PM
Well this makes me want to take the rest of the day off work. Just a few questions though, will all of this change if I have already started my franchise, or do I have to restart? Two, what was wrong with players wearing sleeves? I had noticed them wearing sleeves during early season night games. But the issue if pitchers wearing sleeves at night games even up in the middle if summer had appeared to be fixed. They didn't go back to doing that did they?

# 87 Bullit @ 04/23/15 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mets7766
I get what you're saying. I'm definitely not going to judge the patch based on one game. I was just curious to see if anyone else was seeing something similar.
I know and I am not trying to be a fire starter but I PERSONALLY feel like the errors are about right in line. Sure I have been frustrated by some of the bone head plays that happen, but I would rather they happen than not.

# 88 Elvis20870 @ 04/23/15 01:12 PM
Why didn't they patch where the animations skip from when the catcher throws back the ball to the pitcher. Why can't they fix that and let the animation play out UGH Please fix that.

# 89 ChiTownKid @ 04/23/15 01:12 PM
General – Wrigley Field had some collision/Home Run detection issues. Certain foul balls were being counted as Home Runs down the 1st base line.

It wasn't only Wrigley that had the problem. It also exists in US Cellular. I submitted a bug report on it. Nice to see it was ignored.

# 90 Mike Lowe @ 04/23/15 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
The trades are VASTLY improved, however I've notice a new flaw I've never seen before:

All teams set to auto for a test sim.

Tigers trade SS Dixon Machado for C AJ Jimenez of Toronto. Cool.

Later, Tigers trade SS Jose Iglesias to SF for C Andrew Susac. Ok.

With Andrew Romine hurt, the only other SS in the entire organization is Josh Prince...whom the Tigers leave in AAA all year and instead go with their new Cs at SS, and even a spell from CF Anthony Gose.

Amazingly, Detroit hs the 4th best fielding % as well as the 4th least amount of errors through July 31st.

Again, this game's biggest flaw remains its inability to call up players properly for performance and now apparently need.

Even with 40 team control, which I personally don't enjoy using and thus don't, it's a tedious thing to have to manage 30 club's minor leagues.
Simming ahead to the following season, the Tigers do have 2 SSs on the Opening Day roster, 3 middle infielders total, but are also carrying 4 catchers.

# 91 ZB9 @ 04/23/15 01:14 PM
Thank goodness they fixed the online walk freezing.

# 92 Elvis20870 @ 04/23/15 01:14 PM
Also the batter walk up arn't for ever batter. Why can't the batter walkup be for every batter that comes to the plate. Sometimes it just skips to next batter in the batters box. Please fix this.

# 93 My993C2 @ 04/23/15 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis20870
Also the batter walk up arn't for ever batter. Why can't the batter walkup be for every batter that comes to the plate. Sometimes it just skips to next batter in the batters box. Please fix this.
This was done on purpose for this year. It's not a bug. So I doubt they will be patching it. Perhaps next year if enough people complain about the issue, the full batter walkups for every batter will be restored. But I doubt you will see any changes this year regarding the issue.

# 94 Russell_SCEA @ 04/23/15 01:20 PM
Quote:
Why didn't they patch where the animations skip from when the catcher throws back the ball to the pitcher. Why can't they fix that and let the animation play out UGH Please fix that.
Not a bug Sr.

# 95 Playboy™ @ 04/23/15 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
No because the situation has to be resolved with the courts first. Then depending on the outcome of the case then we will know if it will make it back in.
If im not mistaken the lawsuit was dropped a couple days ago.

# 96 Elvis20870 @ 04/23/15 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Not a bug Sr.
Then Russell why was the game made that way? I hate seeing a skip animation of the ball not being thrown back to the pitcher. Its always been in the MLB games why the change this year

# 97 Russell_SCEA @ 04/23/15 01:25 PM
Quote:
Then Russell why was the game made that way? I hate seeing a skip animation of the ball not being thrown back to the pitcher. Its always been in the MLB games why the change this year
Because the vast and I mean very vast majority of people who play our game want to finish games faster.

# 98 Factzzz @ 04/23/15 01:26 PM
They need to fix how editing certain parts of a player's batting stance effects another part of the stance.

For example, changing a player's follow through to two hands, also changes the players stride to one of the generic ones.

So you're forced to leave guys like Joey Votto, Jose Altuve, and many other players with one hand follow throughs because you don't want their stride to change.

If this isn't a bug, then it's just a terrible design choice, and it hasn't been this way since editing batting stances was implemented in MLB 13, or 12, can't remember.

# 99 Factzzz @ 04/23/15 01:27 PM
Quote:
Because the vast and I mean very vast majority of people who play our game want to finish games faster.
They should play on Fast Mode then, true broadcast, real-time should still be an option. Like years past.

# 100 Elvis20870 @ 04/23/15 01:27 PM
Quote:
That's why you have FAST PLAY option. Even when your not playing fast play not every batter has a walk up and the catcher doesn't throw back to the pitcher its a cut scene. UGH LOL Great game other wise

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.