Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

This video is provided by OS Guest Poster Jake Berger. You can find (and subscribe) to Jake on YouTube, as well as follow him on Twitter.

Welcome to the second episode of Jake's MLB 101 series. The first guide dealt with Zone hitting.

Today we're keeping the topic on hitting, but we are going to look at the new directional hitting mechanic. We'll break down how its programmed, and explore ways we can use that knowledge to improve our hitting.

Check out the full video above and be sure to subscribe and follow Jake at the links above as well!

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Dolenz @ 05/05/15 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
I'm sorry just want to confirm you are saying don't always influence the hit so if I'm not influence the hit I just hit x. Now why am I hitting a lot of grounders?
Timing/direction hitting relies on player ratings (Contact/power/visions/etc) so you can have a ball down the middle of the plate and time it well and still pop the ball up, or foul it off. Your main input as the gamer is the timing of the swing, and that timing window seems really short.

I am using Directional hitting and 99% of the time leave the left stick alone. My RTTS player has been able to, so far, maintain a .300 or better average in AA, AAA and now the Majors.

# 22 Wolverines05 @ 05/09/15 12:24 PM
For those interested in an analog hitting guide, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yPzTO1iU1M

Also, check out the zone hitting guide here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-NC83uuymo

# 23 CaseIH @ 05/09/15 12:47 PM
This video was a great help to me, I tired directional with analog for a inning and didn't like it, and really wasn't sure how it even worked after reading the directions. This video made things much clearer for me, and I might go ahead and give it a try again, since hitting in struggle for me anymore anyway.

Thanks very much for helping me understand this new addition.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.