Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

The Madden NFL 16 cover vote has already started on mobile devices, courtesy of Madden NFL Mobile (download here for Android devices, here for iOS devices). Users can vote from 4 cover athlete candidates.

New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski, Arizona Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson, New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. and Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown are the players to choose from.

First-round voting closes on Monday, May 11th, at 3 a.m. ET with the two finalists being announced on Tuesday, May 12th. On Wednesday, May 13th, users will be able to vote on the cover athlete all day, through the ESPN website, with the winner of the Madden NFL 16 cover to be announced that same evening at 6:00 PM ET on SportsCenter.

Thanks to NAMEisCHASE for the heads up!

Who would you like to see on the cover of Madden NFL 16?

UPDATE:
Voting is now available in Madden Ultimate Team on Madden NFL 15 as well!

Here's how to vote.

HOW TO VOTE WITH MADDEN NFL MOBILE

Players will receive a Vote Collectible the first time they log in to Madden NFL Mobile each day.

Cover Vote Collectibles complete one of four repeatable Cover Vote Sets, so that players can vote over and over again for the Madden NFL 16 cover athlete.

These Collectibles cannot be auctioned.

Players can also cast votes by completing four daily Live Events (one Live Event every six hours). For every successful Live Event completion, players will be awarded one Vote Collectible to be added to the finalist set in which the player wants to vote for and a chance of winning one Cover Athlete Finalist Collectible. Add this collectible to a set to unlock an 88 OVR version of the Cover Athlete Finalist.

The winning Cover Athlete will be boosted to a 99 OVR at the time of the cover reveal. Ten Cover Athlete Finalist Collectibles are required for each set, and the can be auctioned.

Live Events are unlimited play, meaning unlimited voting, as long as players have stamina.

HOW TO VOTE WITH MADDEN ULTIMATE TEAM

Console players will receive one Cover Vote Collectible the first time they log in to Madden Ultimate Team (MUT) during the week. This and other Cover Vote Collectibles can be used to complete Cover Vote Sets. There is one Set for each of the four semifinalists.

Some information from the press release.

Quote:
All the competitors in this year’s contest are highlight-making machines, delivering some of the greatest plays on the gridiron every single week. Fans will have the opportunity to create these moments for themselves in Madden NFL 16 and Be the Playmaker in the battle for Air Supremacy. Intuitive new tools for quarterbacks, receivers and defensive backs bring the passing game to new levels, and now the battle between the offense and defense is yours to win.

Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 JoeyV9009 @ 05/04/15 09:14 AM
I still like the idea of each team submitting a player and voting that way. This feels somewhat lackluster. 3 receivers and one CB? C'mon man.

# 2 SolidSquid @ 05/04/15 09:41 AM
So basically pick the receiver you want on the cover?

# 3 Phobia @ 05/04/15 09:48 AM
Why are people complaining about the damn cover of the game?!?!? My lord, if you hate it that bad print out your own. I could careless if they put sesame street on the cover, as long as the gameplay is better.

# 4 roadman @ 05/04/15 09:50 AM
Further evidence of the WR/CB interactions included in this years game play.

As Phobia stated, the cover vote is similar to MUT for me, I don't care.

# 5 Dazraz @ 05/04/15 10:06 AM
I've said it before but who really cares who is on the box? I don't care if it's a plain white case with just Madden NFL 16 written on it as long as the game inside is worth the price.

# 6 mestevo @ 05/04/15 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyV9009
I still like the idea of each team submitting a player and voting that way. This feels somewhat lackluster. 3 receivers and one CB? C'mon man.
Teams didn't submit players, it was just typically one player per team that EA could get a tentative marketing deal with in the event that player won.

# 7 Xoax34 @ 05/04/15 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEgend
Watch EA not have a cover vote for console versions & just slap both Odell & Patrick on the console covers like Madden 10 featuring a dual cover athlete again.
Exactly. OBJ and Peterson makes sense then just voting for whoever. Or if anything, put ODB.

# 8 jbd345 @ 05/04/15 12:10 PM
So a rookie makes one great catch and all of a sudden he's going to be on madden? (You all know this is gonna happen) sorry id like to see how the rest of his career pans out before putting him on the cover. It should be someone who has had an established career. Just my opinion.

# 9 KingJavo @ 05/04/15 12:45 PM
Sorry, but until Madden can make a quality game, I could care less about the cover.

# 10 SageInfinite @ 05/04/15 01:07 PM
Welp we know what the main feature is this year, lol. I wonder if marketing tells them what to put in the game every year, or if they tell marketing?

# 11 SmittyD81 @ 05/04/15 01:13 PM
I’m not a huge fan of the cover vote nostalgia at this point, but it is what it is regarding that and I respect it as a part of marketing. My main concern lies with the gameplay quality, integrity of the refinement, and the consistency of it in regards of football being properly replicated. So, I’m looking forward to how well the gameplay may have been refined. We shall see soon enough.

# 12 CM Hooe @ 05/04/15 01:18 PM
I've been fully expecting Odell Beckham to be the cover athlete for Madden for a while now, honestly. He's being hyped up as the next Randy Moss, just about.

I don't care a whole lot about the cover vote thing other than that it effectively marks the start of the Madden pre-release information roll-out for the current year.

# 13 Hiro1 @ 05/04/15 01:22 PM
If you don't care about the cover why would you enter the thread and even bother to post?

It has to be a dream come true for some of these athletes to be on the cover.

# 14 JoshC1977 @ 05/04/15 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
If true, I'd prefer to see a ref on the cover making a pass interference call....

# 15 roadman @ 05/04/15 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
If you don't care about the cover why would you enter the thread and even bother to post?

It has to be a dream come true for some of these athletes to be on the cover.
To give an opinion one way or the other.

Isn't that the truth, Josh, I laughed hard on that suggested.

# 16 kjcheezhead @ 05/04/15 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

As Phobia stated, the cover vote is similar to MUT for me, I don't care.
More evidence it's just wr/db and not anything ground breaking like route based passing or trajectories...anything that could actually change the stale madden feel. Or classic madden feel depending on how you think the game is currently I guess.

# 17 mjavon @ 05/04/15 02:15 PM
It's pretty much down to Gronk and OBJ then. Antonio Brown and Patrick Peterson are great players, but aren't household names amongst casual fans. I think Gronk wins (not that it matters).

# 18 Steve_OS @ 05/04/15 02:44 PM
Found this in the press release, for what it's worth.

Quote:
All the competitors in this year’s contest are highlight-making machines, delivering some of the greatest plays on the gridiron every single week. Fans will have the opportunity to create these moments for themselves in Madden NFL 16 and Be the Playmaker in the battle for Air Supremacy. Intuitive new tools for quarterbacks, receivers and defensive backs bring the passing game to new levels, and now the battle between the offense and defense is yours to win.

# 19 adub88 @ 05/04/15 03:57 PM
not really concerned about the cover, just give me a game I won't be bored with after a week or two. Animations that reflect the power of these consoles, and just overall captures what we see on Sunday, from realistic replay angles to pass interference actually being called.

# 20 roadman @ 05/04/15 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Found this in the press release, for what it's worth.
New tools for passing? Interesting.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.