Home
Project CARS News Post

While we already have a topic created for the PC version of Project CARS, we wanted to start one for the console gamers.

Put in some laps and post your impressions!

Game: Project CARSReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox OneVotes for game: 1 - View All
Project CARS Videos
Member Comments
# 41 jb12780 @ 05/12/15 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime
That's where his voice is! I was wondering because I have all the sound going to my headphones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've had the race engineer come through my headset before.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

# 42 adh5199 @ 05/12/15 08:00 PM
But how does the PS4 version look?

# 43 Tribe1 @ 05/12/15 08:02 PM
Quote:
Yeah it's installing.

How long is the install process for the disc version? It's been over an hour and everything is still locked

# 44 LingeringRegime @ 05/12/15 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribe1
How long is the install process for the disc version? It's been over an hour and everything is still locked

I don't kno about disc version but digital version was about 2 hours until everything was unlocked.

# 45 Ruffy @ 05/12/15 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adh5199
But how does the PS4 version look?
IMO absolutely gorgeous!

Messing around with carts so far....fun fun fun.....10 laps and hard as hell to keep it on the track.....this game is going to take me quite a while to get used to using a controller.

I will be buying a new wheel over the summer.

I love watching the replays....so much fun.

# 46 LingeringRegime @ 05/12/15 09:29 PM
I love how the AI drivers (80) will avoid you instead of mindlessly slamming into you.

# 47 poulka @ 05/12/15 09:46 PM
This game is a real treat. The weather effects especially lighting blows my mind. Mind blown when doing a short race at dusk in Belguim only to see the stars shine on the last lap.

# 48 SinisterAlex @ 05/12/15 10:14 PM
Waiting for this game to finish installing is so painful. I just want to explore this game!

# 49 LingeringRegime @ 05/12/15 10:27 PM
Word to the wise don't do Cart racing at night. No headlights.

# 50 DirtyJerz32 @ 05/12/15 11:18 PM
Quote:
I love how the AI drivers (80) will avoid you instead of mindlessly slamming into you.

So they drive smarter the higher the difficulty? I have it at 50 and the AI has come to a complete stop on some occasions going around turns.

# 51 LingeringRegime @ 05/12/15 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
So they drive smarter the higher the difficulty? I have it at 50 and the AI has come to a complete stop on some occasions going around turns.

Pretty sure they do drive smarter.

# 52 Cabke @ 05/12/15 11:25 PM
I'm not gonna turn this into a "Should I buy this" thread, but I have a question for you guys who are more experienced with racers. I bought DriveClub for cheap and have really been enjoying it. But I don't like the grind to unlock cars, the lack of a career mode, and the lack of customization within settings. I'm a total novice to racers and have been steadily getting better with DriveClub. There's something about it that just isn't right to me. I was thinking about trading DriveClub in for Project Cars because of all the things I mentioned above. It seems like I can tune the settings until I can figure stuff out, which I can't seem to do in DriveClub. Does that seem like a worthwhile swap?

# 53 SinisterAlex @ 05/12/15 11:26 PM
Over 3 and half hours and everything in the game is still locked except for the Dubai race.

# 54 LingeringRegime @ 05/12/15 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabke
I'm not gonna turn this into a "Should I buy this" thread, but I have a question for you guys who are more experienced with racers. I bought DriveClub for cheap and have really been enjoying it. But I don't like the grind to unlock cars, the lack of a career mode, and the lack of customization within settings. I'm a total novice to racers and have been steadily getting better with DriveClub. There's something about it that just isn't right to me. I was thinking about trading DriveClub in for Project Cars because of all the things I mentioned above. It seems like I can tune the settings until I can figure stuff out, which I can't seem to do in DriveClub. Does that seem like a worthwhile swap?

There is much more under the hood with project cars. I say go for it.

# 55 longshadow11 @ 05/12/15 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabke
That's a tough call. I like DriveClub a lot, but I think Project Cars is deeper and has more future potential. I may be wrong. DriveClub has gotten many cars and even an entire new zone for dl. Project Cars is in need of more cars, and DriveClub has many more point to point races. If I knew Project Cars will have more cars and tracks in the future, then I would say make the trade. But if DriveClub sort of feels wrong to you, then most def pick up Project Cars. It is a quality game.

# 56 Cabke @ 05/12/15 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
PC is much more sim and will require lots of practice to be fast. If you are into true sim racing I would say make the swap.

I frankly don't know if I'm into sim or not. I've always gotten frustrated with the fact that I can't just pound the accelerator and gave up.

But I've given it more of a shot with DriveClub and am really enjoying figuring stuff out.

Related question, can I play any track in a time trial so I can get used to the handling? And is there an option to turn on a driving/racing line to help me practice taking turns and breaking correctly?

# 57 Cabke @ 05/12/15 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Yes, you can. PC also allows you to do warm up, practice sessions and qualifying prior to the race.

Awesome. A driving line will help me a ton. Thanks for the info, I think I'm gonna go for it.

# 58 LingeringRegime @ 05/12/15 11:53 PM
You can even do a free practice mode that lasts for 250 laps. That's what I have been messing with.

I think I am going to switch to automatic transmission for now.

# 59 mikenoob @ 05/13/15 12:26 AM
Quote:
You can even do a free practice mode that lasts for 250 laps. That's what I have been messing with.

I think I am going to switch to automatic transmission for now.

Yeah I may have to go automatic. I'm struggling to keep cars on the road and at the same time I'm not paying attention to the rpm

I'm doing great at karts though, my only 2 online race wins were in karts on pro setting with no aids.

Also anyone down for just practice runs online? I noticed the lobby settings are pretty detailed, could put as much as 90 minutes per practice session

# 60 SinisterAlex @ 05/13/15 01:48 AM
For those on the fence about this game I'd say that it's worth every penny. My game finally unlocked and after doing some time trials with the Zonda R and McLaren P1 for a couple hours I've gotta say this has to be the best racing game I've played. I'm totally hooked. Tracks look gorgeous as do the cars both inside and out. Physics are impressive and cars handle well (and I haven't even toyed with the tuning options yet!). Customization in terms of settings and such is phenomenal. Being able to fine tune your sensitivities for all aspects of your wheel and/or gamepad is a huge plus. I've been using the setup LingeringRegime posted for the gamepad (I've tweaked a few settings to my personal preference). Gives just the right amount of feel without making everything to twitchy or arcadelike.

Loving the helmet cam as well. Only camera I use. I adjusted the apex look setting to 80. Really like that feature.

I've yet to dive into career mode or any other mode aside from the Free Practice and Time Trial sections.

----------------

I just had my best run out of the couple hours I've been playing with the McLaren P1 on Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya GP. I'm running my game with all possible assists turned off, real tire and fuel usage and manual transmission. I've always been an aggressive racer hence my really late braking. I still need to work on improving my lines and downshifts but thought I'd share this run nonetheless.

And yes, that's me deliberately blowing my engine at the end lmao.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.