Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. and New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski are your Madden NFL 16 cover athlete finalists.

Unlike the first round, where voting could only be done through Madden NFL Mobile or Madden Ultimate Team, fans can begin voting on ESPN tomorrow at 9:00 AM ET with the polls closing at 5:00 PM ET. ESPN will then announce the winner during the 6:00 PM ET edition of SportsCenter.

Would you rather see Odell Beckham Jr. or Rob Gronkowski on the Madden NFL 16 cover?

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jbd345 @ 05/12/15 01:16 PM
Surprise surprise. The kid made one catch, just sayin.

# 2 4thQtrStre5S @ 05/12/15 01:16 PM
Odell Beckham Jr., I hope....This is supposed to be about air supremacy, and Beckham has that speed and deep ability...Gronk is a crossing pattern player that for some reason teams haven't gotten wise to covering...

I am willing to predict that, considering the current issue with the Patriots, Beckham has this cover..

# 3 SageInfinite @ 05/12/15 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Surprise surprise. The kid made one catch, just sayin.
I think he did more than make one catch, lol. Just sayin....

# 4 kingkid1313 @ 05/12/15 01:32 PM
Odell is a lock to win the madden cover vote. I'm sure the NFL / EA doesn't want any Patriots on the cover of their only licensed football video game for 2016 after their latest scandal.

# 5 SageInfinite @ 05/12/15 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkid1313
Odell is a lock to win the madden cover vote. I'm sure the NFL / EA doesn't want any Patriots on the cover of their only licensed football video game for 2016 after their latest scandal.
You know now that you mention it, A Patriot would be perfect for the cover of Madden......

# 6 legacyme3 @ 05/12/15 01:44 PM
Odell Beckham.

Even though he plays for a rival team...

At least he isn't a Patriot.

# 7 roadman @ 05/12/15 01:55 PM
Let's write-in Jerry Rice back on the cover, a WR who admitted using stickum.

# 8 noplace @ 05/12/15 01:57 PM
Lol people are so media driven its pathetic.. A good rookie season and a great catch that was shoved down our throats is the only reason Beckham is there.. Smh...

# 9 CM Hooe @ 05/12/15 02:06 PM
Maybe I'm crazy, but wasn't Odell Beckham Jr. one of the ten (maybe five) best receivers in football last year?

# 10 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 05/12/15 02:07 PM
It has to be Gronk. Super Bowl champ deserves it. As good as ODB Jr is, he's only been in the league one year. Let him earn his stripes 1st.

# 11 kingkid1313 @ 05/12/15 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
It has to be Gronk. Super Bowl champ deserves it. As good as ODB Jr is, he's only been in the league one year. Let him earn his stripes 1st.
Can't be Gronk. He's too closely associated with Brady.. You know the QB that is suspended 4 games for "cheating"..lol. Maybe, a slight chance if Gronk were a DB or RB but no way cause he was the main target of catching Brady "deflated" balls...lol

# 12 GiantsFan2013 @ 05/12/15 02:13 PM

# 13 SageInfinite @ 05/12/15 02:24 PM
It's not like they asked Odell to be the face of the NFL or they're naming him the greatest receiver of all time, lol. It's just the cover of Madden. He had a good rookie campaign, if he gets it so be it.

# 14 jbd345 @ 05/12/15 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I think he did more than make one catch, lol. Just sayin....
Not trying to be a jerk here getting that out of the way from the start. By that logic though, why wasn't Sammy Watkins included in the vote? He Did a little more than one catch with a mediocre QB at best. The cover vote is a joke. Just pick your guy and be done with it. Not fair to the other guys to be strung along when you set it up for one player to win.

# 15 kjcheezhead @ 05/12/15 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsFan2013

You know, Beckham caught that ball with three fingers really. I'd be interested to know what the psi was at on that football. It had to be flat, lol. That catch just defies physics.

Anyways, I'm still rooting for Gronk. A guy that doesn't like Madden on the cover just speaks to my relationship with this game.

# 16 NDAlum @ 05/12/15 02:54 PM
Those gloves are ridiculous. I used some from a sporting goods store and they were probably tame to what NFL players have. It enhances your ability to catch so much and even helps throw the football. That's why some QB's throw with gloves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 17 kjcheezhead @ 05/12/15 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Not trying to be a jerk here getting that out of the way from the start. By that logic though, why wasn't Sammy Watkins included in the vote? He Did a little more than one catch with a mediocre QB at best. The cover vote is a joke. Just pick your guy and be done with it. Not fair to the other guys to be strung along when you set it up for one player to win.
Sammy Watkins had 65 catches and less than 1,000 yards receiving.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl...receivingYards

Brown was number 1 wr, Gronk was the top te in the league, Beckham's rookie season was the best since Randy Moss. All 3 were worthy choices to me. Harder to judge DBs statistically, but Patrick Peterson is as good or better than any corner in the league.

# 18 jbd345 @ 05/12/15 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus10
He obv hates the Giants being a Bills fan and is jealous OBJ is getting so much media coverage and having better season than first WR taken in draft last year. His first comment says it all.
Yea that's it you got me. Good for you.

# 19 SageInfinite @ 05/12/15 03:45 PM
Honestly I can't wait till they pick a guy to slap on the cover so we can get this dog and pony show started. I need a good laugh....

# 20 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 05/12/15 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Honestly I can't wait till they pick a guy to slap on the cover so we can get this dog and pony show started. I need a good laugh....

Yeah I look forward to this time of year. The forums are usually more entertaining than the game itself lol.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.