Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

MLB 15 The Show patch 1.03 is available now for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4, which fixes quite a few offline and online issues with the game. Check out the details below and let us know what you are seeing.
  • Offline/Online - Fixed the issue causing runners to be left on base after a home run. This would happen any time a user runner went half way and was stopped when the ball went over the fence and was a called a HR
  • Offline/Online - CPU or User would attempt to advance after a high infield fly ball was caught. Defender would use a casual throw to the next base, but it would be too slow and the runner would often be safe
  • Intentional walk exploit fixed – Calling for an intentional walk after the baserunner leads off causes the baserunner to take additional steps and getting thrown out easily.
  • Online - New Action shots for 50 players, to be seen on Player cards in Collections and Diamond Dynasty mode.
  • Online - Collections screen now save and load the last page you were on, making buying and selling cards more streamlined.
  • Online - Tuning to Online Gameplay - These fixes are all intended to stabilize online gameplay and eliminate consumer reported blue screen crashes and hangs that lead to standoffs.
  • Offline/Online - Foul/Fair ball detection in CHI White Sox - 3rd base line
  • Online - HBP/avoid and pitcher ejection issue - One user would get a HBP reaction and ejected, the other user would not resulting in a freeze.
  • Online – When defensive shifts would occur in an online game, the OSD’s were inaccurate. Fix for Defensive Positioning drop down to reflect the current defense.
  • Online/Offline - Reduce the success rate of bunts
  • Offline - Fixed retail crash while simulating through Franchise mode. Occurrences described below:
    • Crashes when simulation far in the future
    • Crash when autosaving following very specific injury sequences
    • Crash when simming through certain pinch hit appearances
    • Crash when entering the amateur draft
  • Offline - Fixed a low frequency retail crash in RTTS player editor.
  • Offline - Fenway red seat added in the right field bleachers.
  • Online - Restricting batting views for online games per Design - if user has batting view that is restricted, force batting view to catcher - don't give user restricted views for batting view
  • Online - issues with take it yourself plays at first base online have been resolved.
  • Online – Numerous online gameplay stability checks to eliminate consumer reported blue screen crashes.
  • Online - Resolving guess pitch on defensive machine and forcing offense machine to use data from defense machine
  • Offline – Changed the art of the Injured icon (Franchise/Season)
  • Online - Adding additional entitlements to the show shop, to allow for future promotional packs
  • Online/Offline – AI check that was not allowing for early moving catches
  • Offline - Fix for crowd catching flyball vs. fielder catching robbable balls - don't allow ball to attach to crowd if already attached to a player
  • Online Franchise/Diamond Dynasty – Play by Play audio code has been modified to exclude filling in career stats for Arena mode (DD) and League Mode. They get filled in for MLB season mode only. Online modes career data was incorrect.
  • Online - Adding one more minute to the online Pause menu countdown
Source - The Show Nation

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 121 BlingBling19 @ 05/15/15 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
Is this only with 30 teams? I'm planning to do a 2 team franchise with 1 from the AL and 1 from the NL.
I have not tried that. I can say though with using 30 team control the Opening day bug, home run bug, and stat graphics bugs that I have seen are all FIXED since the patch. I can finally enjoy playing a franchise now!!!!

# 122 PPerfect_CJ @ 05/15/15 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlingBling19
I have not tried that. I can say though with using 30 team control the Opening day bug, home run bug, and stat graphics bugs that I have seen are all FIXED since the patch. I can finally enjoy playing a franchise now!!!!
Good to hear! Thanks! Now, I'm just waiting on Ridin or Willard, whoever gets done with their roster first. Anxious to get started on a franchise, myself.

# 123 Bullit @ 05/15/15 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
I posted one last week or two weeks ago where the Cpu team threw two straight balls into centerfield. The first play I stole second and the catcher launched the ball into center. Next batter walked. Very next batter hits a nubber in front of the plate. The catcher jumps on it and fires to second and misses the second basemen by about 5 feet. And this benefited me, but it just felt wrong. It just wasn't a realistic rally.
How are two throwing errors by the catcher a rally? Am I missing something?

# 124 Threeebs @ 05/15/15 11:15 AM
Quote:
I posted one last week or two weeks ago where the Cpu team threw two straight balls into centerfield. The first play I stole second and the catcher launched the ball into center. Next batter walked. Very next batter hits a nubber in front of the plate. The catcher jumps on it and fires to second and misses the second basemen by about 5 feet. And this benefited me, but it just felt wrong. It just wasn't a realistic rally.
What are the odds you're going to see that same outcome again? This is an entirely possible situation that can happen during any game in the majors. You're looking at these things too hard man. Embrace the randomness and don't put too much thought into these things. It sounds like you're expecting to play a perfectly played out, error free game...

# 125 HustlinOwl @ 05/15/15 11:28 AM
Quote:
was this in franchise where player fatigue is also usual, so it could play a factor during games?

# 126 Bullit @ 05/15/15 12:25 PM
Quote:
Honestly, you may be right. Is it possible I'm looking too hard at it? Yes. With that said, when was the last time you saw a catcher make two consecutive errors that missed the second basemen by 5 feet each that led to 3 runs scoring in a tight game? It's not exactly a common occurrence. Could it happen? Yes. Does it happen? Hardly.

Yes sir, it was, but it was game 3 of the season, so fatigue probably wasn't much of an issue at that point.
So would you mind answering your own question? Have you seen it again, is it a common occurrence, could it happen again, does it happen often?

# 127 coreyerb @ 05/15/15 01:12 PM
To illustrate P.A.D.'s point - here's the intersection of a few common issues resulting in a comeback:

First one's probably my fault. Debatable whether outfielder fielding error slider set at 0 should allow it.

Automatic run allowed. No preventing it.

Perfect squeeze play. Seen it at least five times in 30 games (even defended against it earlier in the game, but not this one).

Matt Kemp at SS, Derek Norris at 2B. They had four MIFs on the bench. (Later subbed Jose Iglesias at 1B and left Kemp at short...) Guess they needed all their best bats to stay in the game?

After a 3-1 count with the leadoff guy in the 11th taking each borderline pitch and singling to center (which my fielder booted, though no advance so no error), this happened:

This was game three of the series (offline franchise): first game lost on a suicide squeeze to tie the game then an easy single to win it, second game lost 2-0 on 3 outfielder errors allowing the two runs, then this.

To me, it often feels too hard to stop the CPU comeback because of some common exacerbating issues:

1. too many outfielder errors, even with slider adjusted
2. CPU suicide squeezes too often
3. unpredictable strike zone, and the AI starts taking borderline pitches

# 128 ElroyJetson @ 05/15/15 01:59 PM
My franchise continues to say each player has hit career homerun number 1 , after going yard. Does anyone know if I need to restart my franchise for the patches to take affect.

# 129 jv35 @ 05/15/15 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty199127
My franchise continues to say each player has hit career homerun number 1 , after going yard. Does anyone know if I need to restart my franchise for the patches to take affect.
I've had this problem in both MLB 14 and MLB 15 every other time I go to start a new franchise. My workaround is to start a new franchise and make 2 saves of the new franchise. Load one of the saves, increase power sliders and attributes, and play regular season games until I hit a HR to find out if that save has this bug or not. If the file doesn't have this bug, then the other save is the starting point for the franchise. If the file does have this bug, then I delete the files with the bug, and I know the next franchise I start won't have this bug.

Not the greatest fix, but I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has this problem.

# 130 Bobhead @ 05/15/15 05:18 PM
I'm pretty disappointed that this issue with starting pitcher stamina during the playoffs wasn't addressed in either of the 2 patches. I'm in the playoffs now and it's already messing up my rotations. Off days aren't recognized as "days" in terms of the rate of recovery for pitchers, and it leads to pitchers still having less than 50% stamina after 4, 5, even 6 days of rest. Since only 2 or 3 scheduled games have occurred during that span, pitchers only recover the amount of stamina they would recover after 2 or 3 days.

# 131 Bullit @ 05/15/15 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I'm pretty disappointed that this issue with starting pitcher stamina during the playoffs wasn't addressed in either of the 2 patches. I'm in the playoffs now and it's already messing up my rotations. Off days aren't recognized as "days" in terms of the rate of recovery for pitchers, and it leads to pitchers still having less than 50% stamina after 4, 5, even 6 days of rest. Since only 2 or 3 scheduled games have occurred during that span, pitchers only recover the amount of stamina they would recover after 2 or 3 days.
Russell said that this was intentionally programmed this way. So if that is the case i would think it wont be changed.

# 132 Bobhead @ 05/15/15 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
Russell said that this was intentionally programmed this way. So if that is the case i would think it wont be changed.
I know... That doesn't make it correct, though. It needs to be changed since it really doesn't make any sense.

# 133 Bullit @ 05/15/15 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go YankRussell' 7312963
Can Russell please explain why they programmed the game so that rotations are messed up in the playoffs?

Yes I am sure Russell can, he seems to be very inteligent with a good grasp of the english language. Whether he will is another story entirely since I think, I THINK he explained once or twice already but I cant find it.

# 134 markprior22 @ 05/15/15 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
Yes I am sure Russell can, he seems to be very inteligent with a good grasp of the english language. Whether he will is another story entirely since I think, I THINK he explained once or twice already but I cant find it.
I'd really like to see his explanation of why off days don't count for recovery. I can't imagine an explanation that would make any sense whatsoever concerning the game. If they can't program it to work correctly at this time, that's one thing. To say it's working as intended is another. Really, really getting frustrated with this franchise.

# 135 HozAndMoose @ 05/15/15 05:53 PM
I dont think he ever said it was intentional. I went and looked at his posts and didnt see it anyway. He did say it wasnt a bug but i have to assume he wasnt completely aware of what we were talking about.

# 136 Bullit @ 05/15/15 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22
I'd really like to see his explanation of why off days don't count for recovery. I can't imagine an explanation that would make any sense whatsoever concerning the game. If they can't program it to work correctly at this time, that's one thing. To say it's working as intended is another. Really, really getting frustrated with this franchise.
Then again he may not..........

# 137 HozAndMoose @ 05/15/15 07:13 PM
Quote:
He said it was programmed that way intentionally in my other thread, I believe.
Yeah he said it here http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-playoffs.html. I missed it when looking at his posts.

May not be a bug but it sure does need changing. Since 2010. 3 of the 40 teams that played in at least the division series have used a 5 man rotation. SF in 2012 is the only team that chose to do so on their own. STL in 2012 had to do so due to an injury to Jaime Garcia. Cincy also in 2012 had to do it because of a Cueto injury.

5 years. 3 of 40 teams. 1 willingly choosing to do so. And the way it is now you are lucky if you dont have to go with a 6 man rotation. Kershaw pitched in 2 of the Dodgers 4 games last year. Carpenter in 2012 i believe pitched in 6 games. Now way that is possible with how the energy is now.

# 138 coreyerb @ 05/15/15 08:13 PM
Quote:
And the response:
1 - 3. None of these points could prevent that ridiculous dropped can of corn from happening, allowing a run to score.
4. Nothing . . . the route you took was horrible.
5. Explained above.
6. This is a good example of what I mean with the strike zone. After you threw those pitches, you checked to see the location and of the 3 borderline pitches, 2 were CLEARLY strikes, but conveniently got called balls. So now you're either (a) forced to throw a broadway strike and watch it get crushed, or (b) continue nibbling, eventually leading to walks that lead to rallies.

So yes, this is a pretty good example of the "interesting" circumstances that occur in order to allow games to be competitive.
Yep, I'll own my part in allowing the triple. Nothing amiss there. Just my inexperience leading to a poor route.

Just wanted to acknowledge I've had plenty of weird coincidences add up to comebacks too.

Not sure what to make of it, not blaming anything or anyone, just pointing it out. Maybe the Padres are secretly unbeatable and this is San Diego Studios' way of saying "What's wrong with you? A Diamondbacks franchise?" (I would be OK with that.)

# 139 the_riot @ 05/15/15 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22
If they can't program it to work correctly at this time, that's one thing. To say it's working as intended is another. Really, really getting frustrated with this franchise.
I wonder about the programming aspect as well. Love the gameplay for the most part, but the cpu ai and options for baseball strategy within the game are lacking and have remained mostly untouched for several years now.

I'm at the point where I'm praying for someone to challenge SCEA with a baseball nerdist type sim.

# 140 Speedy @ 05/15/15 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
It's impossible to prove because the code doesn't exit. There's not one line of code in the game that makes the cpu comeback.
Glad this ain't NBA2K15...I was playing as the Clippers last night and was up by nearly 20 then the CPU just hit a switch and rolled over me!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.