Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

Amazon has just released some of the new features for Madden NFL 16. There are some details on Total Control Passing, receiver and defender controls, playmaker broadcast and more.

Check out the details below and let us know what you think.

Be the playmaker in Madden NFL 16 with all-new controls that allow you to dominate in the battle for air supremacy. New QB mechanics including body-relative throws and touch passes provide unprecedented depth and control while under center. Combined with a new risk/reward catch and pass-defend system, get ready for the biggest WOW moments in franchise history.

KEY FEATURES

New to Madden

Battle for Air Supremacy

Total Control Passing - Place the ball where only your receiver can get it with body-relative throws including high-point, low-point, back-shoulder, and the ever-popular touch pass. Become the ultimate dual-threat and terrorize defenses with new pressure avoidance and QB scramble controls.

Receiver/Defender Controls - Dictate the outcome of each passing play while the ball is in the air for the first time ever in Madden. For receivers, go for the highlight reel with the ‘aggressive’ catch or move the chains with the ‘possession catch’. On defense, disrupt the outcome of each play using the new ‘play ball’ and ‘hit receiver’ mechanics. Receivers and defenders deliver the most authentic exchanges to date with new press and zone-chuck interactions, contextual hand-fighting, and a variety of 2-man interactions at the catch point including pass interference penalties, tip balls, knock outs and simultaneous possession catches.

Playmaker Broadcast

Integrated Broadcast Graphics – Your playmaker highlight reel has arrived with new player spotlights, dynamic goals and achievements, and innovative on-the-field cameras bringing you closer to the game than ever before. Making plays has never been this much fun and rewarding!

GAME MODES

Connected Franchise – Whether playing solo or online with friends, your quest to build an NFL dynasty comes complete with a brand new scouting and draft system as well as all-new dynamic goals throughout each game. Develop players with Game Prep and build your teams’ confidence through performance and front office transactions. Balance keeping players’ confidence up, to increase abilities and build player XP.

Madden Ultimate Team – Build your ultimate team with your favorite NFL players from the past and present while dominating the opposition in head-to-head seasons, solo challenges, and more. Earn coins to buy packs through the online store, where you can trade and auction off items on the road to building the Ultimate Team. Engage with the NFL year round thanks to live content and service updates in the fastest growing mode in Madden.

Skills Trainer – With 60+ tutorials and drills, Skills Trainer focuses on teaching the strategy behind different passing and run concepts, as well as how to play Madden for new users to the series. Fan favorite Gauntlet mode returns with all-new Boss Battles, Extra Life challenges and opportunities to jump or fall levels in a single play.

UPDATE: Pre-order info added based on details posted on EA's site.

"Madden NFL 16 is now available for pre-order at all major retailers, and fans who place their orders now will receive $15 in Ultimate Team content including 10 Pro Packs and a Playmaker Pack for use in Madden Ultimate Team (MUT). The Playmaker Pack grants fans with an Elite player who they can use to give their Ultimate Team an extra boost right out of the gate and start making the huge plays right away.

Those looking for even more content can upgrade to the Deluxe Edition, which ups the ante with 36 Pro Packs and a Playmaker Pack, all for $69.99."

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 kt-od @ 05/13/15 06:26 PM
These features sound interesting. However, my interest for Madden is wearing thin because I've been fooled way too many times by "cool new interesting features" that turn out to be the same ol' stuff from previous years, just with different fluff to them. I look foward to videos and reviews from sim players before I make my decision.

# 42 ggsimmonds @ 05/13/15 06:33 PM
No surprises to me. I think we all expected the air supremacy thing, but I am so happy Rex said that the AI will utilize it.

But of course it all depends on implementation. I hope we have penalty related attributes though. If they add in discipline and aggression attributes it would add so much to the game. Think of two corners with the same skill but one plays conservative while another goes balls out. That changes how you approach them. It could even make double moves a viable tactic!

Not thrilled with the in game goals for CFM though. The new draft and scouting better be excellent or I will grab my pitchfork and torch and pay Josh a visit.

# 43 cusefan74 @ 05/13/15 06:48 PM
Not impressed so far!

# 44 rd1981 @ 05/13/15 06:48 PM
low point catching, does this mean slide and catch? this would be dope if so

# 45 kjcheezhead @ 05/13/15 06:49 PM
I like the sound of the total control passing if it's untethered and not just another throw a wr open type control.

I don't like the sound of the wr or db controls. What is a possession catch exactly? Or a aggressive catch? The terms don't even make sense. All I can picture in my head is hitting the "aggressive" button and triggering an Odell Beckham catch on a 5 yard hitch or somethin. Idk.

Same with hit wr vs play ball. Shouldn't that happen if I hit the hit stick vs swat ball vs int button? What is new here besides it maybe actually working now?

# 46 Richardcg @ 05/13/15 07:00 PM
I'm not seeing what the new features are honestly, seems like stuff that was already in the game besides the WR/DB interaction stuff.

# 47 roadman @ 05/13/15 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Before people go ape-****, these are just "SOME" of the features. They aren't going to release every new detail about the game in one day.
This needs to be brought forward.

I need to see this stuff in motion before I comment.

I've been harping for PI for years and in the interview from Nov of 2013, Rex mentioned if not in this year, expect PI in year 2.

Sounds like that is coming to fruition, but I need to see how it works.

# 48 Sub_ZERO2777 @ 05/13/15 07:15 PM
I hope the fix CFM all together I hate the SALARY CAP in the game when your owner if not not winning every games setting prices exact then you lose money another hope is player overalls in CFM why is it when i start a CFM with the Panthers (for example) A GUY ANDREW LUCK WOULD BE 90 OVR BUT WHEN I START ANOTHER ONE WAS THE HELL IS LUCK 80 OVR there should be pre-set ratings that can be updated with roster updates .

# 49 iLLWiLL @ 05/13/15 07:16 PM
EA really needs to take a lesson from SCEA on how to do proper dusk & nighttime lighting. I don't expect them to fix it, but last year's night lighting was horrible. That's why whenever you saw game trailers and screens they were of afternoon games.

# 50 jmurphy31 @ 05/13/15 07:22 PM
Anytime I see the word "innovative" as it relates to presentation I cringe. Why can't they just copy real presentation elements. Hopefully they added more to CFL as well.

As others have said I need to see more to get a better feeling.

# 51 slowdifference @ 05/13/15 07:25 PM
I'll be cynical about this game, until I see legit improvement with my own 2 eyes. As for now, I'm hoping that the "other game" comes to fruition.

# 52 aholbert32 @ 05/13/15 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
About what I expected. Sounds good for Madden fans. For guys such as myself, nah.....
Yep. This is about what I thought they would give us. They have no reason or incentive to give us a game thats different than what Madden at its core is.

I'm happy about PI penalties and I hope that leads to more penalties across the board. I would love if they added some small things like out of game formation subs but I doubt that will happen. I wish I gave a crap about MUT because that seems to be where their focus is.

My expectations were low and they've met my expectations so its a buy for me.

# 53 aholbert32 @ 05/13/15 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Anytime I see the word "innovative" as it relates to presentation I cringe. Why can't they just copy real presentation elements. Hopefully they added more to CFL as well.

As others have said I need to see more to get a better feeling.
They havent done that? The presentation is pretty much what you see on CBS. Similar graphics and announcers. They added a halftime show that wasnt great but a step in the right direction. There are plenty of stats throughout the game. They have the QB intros that look just like on TV. Different camera angles and broadcast camera angles that match the actual angles you see on TV.

I have a TON of issues with Madden but presentation isnt one of them.

# 54 Sub_ZERO2777 @ 05/13/15 07:29 PM
WR's height ,speed and release better matter in MADDEN 16 I should be able to throw deep balls to A.J Green with ease

# 55 countryboy @ 05/13/15 07:32 PM
This is a start. But I will wait to see what is in store this year before either getting too high or too low.

But what has been released thus far sounds extremely promising and has me paying attention.

# 56 oneamongthefence @ 05/13/15 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub_ZERO2777
WR's height ,speed and release better matter in MADDEN 16 I should be able to throw deep balls to A.J Green with ease
Definitely not with ease. If the coverage is right then it should be a higher percentage chance of making a play. But at least I want to see him fighting for the ball and position when it's in the air.

# 57 oneamongthefence @ 05/13/15 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckym
Ugh... seriously?? I am so f**king sick of seeing Madden, year after year, NOT innovating really anything (granted, they have SLOWLY made some long promised improvements to this thing or that thing) while at the same time saying the same crap from previous releases are "all-new" this year. I quit buying Madden because aside from an okay first few days, the game gets so f**king boring, ON the field and OFF. There is nothing fun about the franchise mode (s) - which is my main wants as far as yearly improvements and innovations to replay ability. They CONTINUALLY fail to recognize that the NFL is all about STUDYING, SCOUTING, and PREPARING for your next opponent is what makes each NFL week important. Yet, still, there is no indepth stat system (stats important to knowing exactly how you should attack your opponent) that gives you all the invaluable wealth of knowledge of your opponent's tendencies ("Their starting QB rolls out to his right, 82% of time he is pressured up the middle") not to mention ZERO accumulation of scouting info of your opponent leading up to your games each week. And if you want to "scout" your opponent via their stats, have fun stumbling through menus only to land on only the most basic, unhelpful stats to begin With.

It's clear that EA has chosen to allocate very little resources for R&D any new, exciting, and deep functionality to its game while focusing on rehashing the same ole user interfaces each year with "flashy" menus and screens that have very little information important to football and are overwhelmed with empty, wasted space (aka. opportunity), and spending all its trimmed down production to worrying about adding 20 new animations, and updating all the cards for ULTIMATE TEAMS!

Basically, these "new" Features all lead up to the same inevitable annual letdown wherein franchise modes will be boring and lifeless and the on-field product will play solidly but ultimately will be so boring 2 weeks in that I will not even be able to finish a game with 7 minute quarters...
Setting play books for every team and tendencies would go a long way to keep playing the cpu fresh. Or just have coaching and owner personalities. So green bay would actually feel like their being run by Mike McCarthy and they would assemble their team like they do in real life (mostly through draft) instead of like every other team.

# 58 aholbert32 @ 05/13/15 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckym
ps. Since EA has purchased the "exclusivity" to the NFL and all logos and properties therein, the fact no other company can be allowed to compete DIRECTLY coupled EA in general making football the most boring spirt on consoles to play, I have every right to be angry at yet another very subpar effort... ARGH!!! I can't believe it's not even June and it's already clear Madden 16 is gonna be Madden 15 but slightly updated!
Lets keep this on Madden's new features and not the exclusive deal. Last warning.

# 59 The JareBear @ 05/13/15 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Should be interesting. Total Control Passing is really nothing new but if it's re-implemented in a more realistic fashion it could be great. I'll be interested to see whether it still completely alters routes and how much 'psychic receivers' are still a factor. I'm hoping the new scramble controls are similar to the old Madden 2004 era scramble controls where you pressed a button to enter a true scramble mode.

The receiver/defender controls read like exactly what I didn't want to see but I'll wait and see on that how that looks in terms of AI and the interactions before judging it.

On-the-field cameras sounds like an immersion killer. Really hoping there's more to CFM than just new scouting and draft system. There is so much personnel type stuff that needs to be added and I didn't think there was much wrong with the scouting to begin with.
Yea, the passing mechanic, if done right could be awesome. Now more than ever realistic QB accuracy (or more specifically, inaccuracy) is as vital as ever.

I pray they get it right

# 60 smiley3 @ 05/13/15 08:04 PM
Still no one sleeve on a player cuz they can't break the coding? Only works with RG3... Cmon EA it's "next gen"

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.