Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

Amazon has just released some of the new features for Madden NFL 16. There are some details on Total Control Passing, receiver and defender controls, playmaker broadcast and more.

Check out the details below and let us know what you think.

Be the playmaker in Madden NFL 16 with all-new controls that allow you to dominate in the battle for air supremacy. New QB mechanics including body-relative throws and touch passes provide unprecedented depth and control while under center. Combined with a new risk/reward catch and pass-defend system, get ready for the biggest WOW moments in franchise history.

KEY FEATURES

New to Madden

Battle for Air Supremacy

Total Control Passing - Place the ball where only your receiver can get it with body-relative throws including high-point, low-point, back-shoulder, and the ever-popular touch pass. Become the ultimate dual-threat and terrorize defenses with new pressure avoidance and QB scramble controls.

Receiver/Defender Controls - Dictate the outcome of each passing play while the ball is in the air for the first time ever in Madden. For receivers, go for the highlight reel with the ‘aggressive’ catch or move the chains with the ‘possession catch’. On defense, disrupt the outcome of each play using the new ‘play ball’ and ‘hit receiver’ mechanics. Receivers and defenders deliver the most authentic exchanges to date with new press and zone-chuck interactions, contextual hand-fighting, and a variety of 2-man interactions at the catch point including pass interference penalties, tip balls, knock outs and simultaneous possession catches.

Playmaker Broadcast

Integrated Broadcast Graphics – Your playmaker highlight reel has arrived with new player spotlights, dynamic goals and achievements, and innovative on-the-field cameras bringing you closer to the game than ever before. Making plays has never been this much fun and rewarding!

GAME MODES

Connected Franchise – Whether playing solo or online with friends, your quest to build an NFL dynasty comes complete with a brand new scouting and draft system as well as all-new dynamic goals throughout each game. Develop players with Game Prep and build your teams’ confidence through performance and front office transactions. Balance keeping players’ confidence up, to increase abilities and build player XP.

Madden Ultimate Team – Build your ultimate team with your favorite NFL players from the past and present while dominating the opposition in head-to-head seasons, solo challenges, and more. Earn coins to buy packs through the online store, where you can trade and auction off items on the road to building the Ultimate Team. Engage with the NFL year round thanks to live content and service updates in the fastest growing mode in Madden.

Skills Trainer – With 60+ tutorials and drills, Skills Trainer focuses on teaching the strategy behind different passing and run concepts, as well as how to play Madden for new users to the series. Fan favorite Gauntlet mode returns with all-new Boss Battles, Extra Life challenges and opportunities to jump or fall levels in a single play.

UPDATE: Pre-order info added based on details posted on EA's site.

"Madden NFL 16 is now available for pre-order at all major retailers, and fans who place their orders now will receive $15 in Ultimate Team content including 10 Pro Packs and a Playmaker Pack for use in Madden Ultimate Team (MUT). The Playmaker Pack grants fans with an Elite player who they can use to give their Ultimate Team an extra boost right out of the gate and start making the huge plays right away.

Those looking for even more content can upgrade to the Deluxe Edition, which ups the ante with 36 Pro Packs and a Playmaker Pack, all for $69.99."

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 roadman @ 05/14/15 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
No man-to-man db/wr interactions before the ball is in the air?
Where did you see this? All they showed was the cover athletes going up for the ball, they didn't anything in that trailer to show after the ball was hiked play.

Receivers and defenders deliver the most authentic exchanges to date with new press and zone-chuck interactions, contextual hand-fighting

Just need to see that part in action.

# 82 Sheba2011 @ 05/14/15 12:39 AM
Really can't make a decision one way or another based on back of the cover blurbs. I am curious about the "all new scouting and draft", judging by the past that means the same broken system with slick new menus. Hopefully I am wrong and it is completely overhauled.

# 83 4thQtrStre5S @ 05/14/15 05:11 AM
The info on the DB/WR interactions, including chipping, hand fighting and pressing is interesting...I do have a few concerns..

Will penalty sliders be changed in any way so they actually effect the frequency of penalties called when an infraction occurs? Will they be accurate penalty calls? If penalty frequency is adjusted and the sliders can further modify penalties, will there be an effect on how penalty sliders, as we know them to affect game play, be changed?

Another concern I have is - though I really like the sound of the WR/DB interaction notes so far, I fear that what we saw in previous madden iterations, of the TE being virtually unstoppable down the middle seam, will now be stoppable, if the new mechanics work, but the result of actually stopping the big play TE seam routes of the past will result in Pass Interference calls, and thus still be a big play gain, just by a different means..

# 84 aholbert32 @ 05/14/15 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
I'm sure many of us don't want "ripped-off" or your term "stolen" presentation. Authenticity should be/is the goal.
That doesnt appear to be the case. The only game with truly original presentation is the show. NBA 2k takes a lot of elements from the NBA on TNT and people love it. Hockey fans loved NHL's NBCSN presentation. Same goes with Live and its ESPN presentation.

They should just play it safe and continue to steal.

# 85 KringKong556 @ 05/14/15 08:55 AM
Sounds like they ignored fixing anything about the confidence system. In a 32 man online league, it sucks when you get ahold of a team that is low in confidence year after year. Confidence should replenish to 50 at the start of every season as it does in real life. No one goes into a season saying WE ARE GONNA SUCK! YEA! Everything else about the game I thought was decent(compared to past maddens) in madden 15. I will need to see more at E3 to really launch my feeling about the game in a certain direction. Hopefully E3 will also put to bed all the speculation and rumors about Joe Montana Football 16 and show us what exactly it is gonna be all about.

# 86 SolidSquid @ 05/14/15 08:55 AM
I hope the improved pass interference system has actual animations for PI calls, I hope they also added defensive holding/illegal contact. Don't let it be random please I want to actually see the penalty

# 87 aholbert32 @ 05/14/15 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLife6
in terms of the graphics sure... but madden's presentation is lather rinse repeat. Same intro.. outro every game (in madden 15). No team specific, player specific quirks and features when you play. They don't build on their presentation enhancements. The great camera work from madden 12 was basically abolished the next year. The team specific intros from 10-11 are all gone.

They lack variety in the presentation... and they lack it big time. Nothing is truly real time and immersive.
integrated playmaker cameras and 'innovative on-the-field cameras bringing you closer to the game than ever before...' doesn't sound like they are truly trying to replicate real NFL broadcasts.

'Welcome to madden.. brought to you by ea sports.. here on the ea sports network.' (what kind of immersion is that? we already bought the game.. i don't need to hear ea sports or see ea sports on any graphics during a game.)
I cant blame this current team for changes dating back to 11 which is around the time they started. Since Madden 12, I've noticed that they've continued to add presentation elements this year to bring it close to other sports games.

There are a ton of things they havent worked on but presentation isnt one of them.

# 88 SolidSquid @ 05/14/15 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KringKong556
Sounds like they ignored fixing anything about the confidence system. In a 32 man online league, it sucks when you get ahold of a team that is low in confidence year after year. Confidence should replenish to 50 at the start of every season as it does in real life. No one goes into a season saying WE ARE GONNA SUCK! YEA! Everything else about the game I thought was decent(compared to past maddens) in madden 15. I will need to see more at E3 to really launch my feeling about the game in a certain direction. Hopefully E3 will also put to bed all the speculation and rumors about Joe Montana Football 16 and show us what exactly it is gonna be all about.
Confidence really need to reset to 50 at the beginning of a new season. Maybe if you a playoff team the year before you should start at 60. But to have guys start the season with low confidence makes it impossible to get it back up.

I rally hope they adjust how confidence is gained or lost too. If I win a game 24-0 but my QB doesn't throw a TD or int why does his confidence go down

# 89 TexasFan2005 @ 05/14/15 09:00 AM
Since presentation has been a discussion in this thread, I may be in the minority in saying this but I hope they keep the mini-commercials/advertisements they have for the start of quarters & after timeouts. It felt somewhat authentic in Madden 15

# 90 aholbert32 @ 05/14/15 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColts2
Probably because EA still has the "EA Sports Network" in Madden. Instead of actually utilizing CBS or ESPN presentation logos and stat banners they just use some similar camera swipes and then make the rest "innovative" camera angles. Why not just actually use the real life station?
EA doesnt want and shouldnt want to spend money on acquiring the CBS logo/mark for the game. That is a waste of money when you can get damn close without using CBS.

Also, their two announcers are CBS announcers so ESPN is out. I doubt that CBS would allow their announcers to be affiliated with a game that makes it appear that they are announcers for another competing network.

# 91 aholbert32 @ 05/14/15 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwest85
There are very few on this train. I saw a JM16 train pass by and it was packed.
None of the passengers know where that is going though.

# 92 NDAlum @ 05/14/15 09:07 AM
Sounds geared towards MUT online button mashing. We will see if the CPU AI utilizes these new features (WR/DB catches). If they don't it will be a complete waste of a feature.

If WR's like Dez/Mega/DT are complete beasts and are aggressive to the ball while having a big advantage over smaller DB's I'll be in heaven. If it's like last year where CPU AI WR's are completely worthless then I might skip the game.

# 93 SolidSquid @ 05/14/15 09:17 AM
One thing I am curious about is will there still be "swat tackles"? You have probably seen it before where a defender is in the air playing a swat animation, but the receiver catches the ball and defender automatically warps into a tackle animation. Separating it into "play the ball" and "hit the receiver" should have some impact on gameplay

# 94 SolidSquid @ 05/14/15 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
None of the passengers know where that is going though.
But just like with madden I enjoy the ride more than the destination

# 95 KringKong556 @ 05/14/15 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Confidence really need to reset to 50 at the beginning of a new season. Maybe if you a playoff team the year before you should start at 60. But to have guys start the season with low confidence makes it impossible to get it back up.

I rally hope they adjust how confidence is gained or lost too. If I win a game 24-0 but my QB doesn't throw a TD or int why does his confidence go down
Without a doubt, 100% agree. The idea of confidence itself is a very good one. Teams that are confident play better and go harder; and vice versa for teams that have low confidence. But if you start 0-3 confidence is sometimes so jacked up that even getting to 5-3 on a 5 game win streak isn't enough todig out of the hole. I hate seeing guys that won a game lose 5 points of confidence because that game winning pass deflection "shoulda been a pick" or a WR that had 5 receptions for 70 yards and a TD should have contributed more in a game won by 7 points. Their plays literally won the game but yet they lose points over some of the dumbest things. And 12 hours of gameprep to get just 3-4 confidence points or at the most like 8-10 with development boosts and such is just ridiculous. I'll wait before I make a decision of how I feel about this year's game until after E3 and after a deep dive into franchise mode comes out, but as of now it doesn't look all that great for CFM lovers.

# 96 KG @ 05/14/15 09:19 AM
Whatever happened to true-step and making it apply to all 22? Not trolling, just curious in general.

# 97 SolidSquid @ 05/14/15 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KringKong556
Without a doubt, 100% agree. The idea of confidence itself is a very good one. Teams that are confident play better and go harder; and vice versa for teams that have low confidence. But if you start 0-3 confidence is sometimes so jacked up that even getting to 5-3 on a 5 game win streak isn't enough todig out of the hole. I hate seeing guys that won a game lose 5 points of confidence because that game winning pass deflection "shoulda been a pick" or a WR that had 5 receptions for 70 yards and a TD should have contributed more in a game won by 7 points. Their plays literally won the game but yet they lose points over some of the dumbest things. And 12 hours of gameprep to get just 3-4 confidence points or at the most like 8-10 with development boosts and such is just ridiculous. I'll wait before I make a decision of how I feel about this year's game until after E3 and after a deep dive into franchise mode comes out, but as of now it doesn't look all that great for CFM lovers.
It's par for the course though, great idea terrible implementation

# 98 KringKong556 @ 05/14/15 09:33 AM
Quote:
It's par for the course though, great idea terrible implementation
Yea, and they never listen to what needs fixed. I see guys saying "I love EA because they listen to their customers and make the game changes that people wanna see". HA HA HA. That makes me laugh. The most asked for things have taken years of complaining and asking before EA FINALLY added it to the game and act like they "listen to the players".

# 99 SolidSquid @ 05/14/15 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Whatever happened to true-step and making it apply to all 22? Not trolling, just curious in general.
I'm not exactly sure but they could have scrapped it. I know they said they wouldn't be able to deliever on living worlds they originally planned to

# 100 aholbert32 @ 05/14/15 09:57 AM
Quote:
But just like with madden I enjoy the ride more than the destination
I HATE the ride. This is the pattern every Madden release takes here:

- Speculation based on some random info about the game.
- Arguments about the cover.
- Speculation and complaints about the back of the box info.
- Optimism and speculation after the first full video or dev video.
- Complaints when E3 videos dont appear after the first night and claims that EA is hiding things.
- Optimism after the E3 videos drop the next night.
- Complaints after people start nitpicking the E3 videos.
- Optimism or speculation depending on the subject matter of the next dev videos.
- A group of people claim they wont buy the game because of the videos and information.
- Another group of people play the EA Access version and rave that the game is the best version of Madden in years. They are usually wrong.
- Half of the people who said they wouldnt buy the game, buy it and then complain about it.
- The other half dont buy it and use the rest of the year to hype other games and complain about the exclusive deal.

Rinse and repeat.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.