Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

Amazon has just released some of the new features for Madden NFL 16. There are some details on Total Control Passing, receiver and defender controls, playmaker broadcast and more.

Check out the details below and let us know what you think.

Be the playmaker in Madden NFL 16 with all-new controls that allow you to dominate in the battle for air supremacy. New QB mechanics including body-relative throws and touch passes provide unprecedented depth and control while under center. Combined with a new risk/reward catch and pass-defend system, get ready for the biggest WOW moments in franchise history.

KEY FEATURES

New to Madden

Battle for Air Supremacy

Total Control Passing - Place the ball where only your receiver can get it with body-relative throws including high-point, low-point, back-shoulder, and the ever-popular touch pass. Become the ultimate dual-threat and terrorize defenses with new pressure avoidance and QB scramble controls.

Receiver/Defender Controls - Dictate the outcome of each passing play while the ball is in the air for the first time ever in Madden. For receivers, go for the highlight reel with the ‘aggressive’ catch or move the chains with the ‘possession catch’. On defense, disrupt the outcome of each play using the new ‘play ball’ and ‘hit receiver’ mechanics. Receivers and defenders deliver the most authentic exchanges to date with new press and zone-chuck interactions, contextual hand-fighting, and a variety of 2-man interactions at the catch point including pass interference penalties, tip balls, knock outs and simultaneous possession catches.

Playmaker Broadcast

Integrated Broadcast Graphics – Your playmaker highlight reel has arrived with new player spotlights, dynamic goals and achievements, and innovative on-the-field cameras bringing you closer to the game than ever before. Making plays has never been this much fun and rewarding!

GAME MODES

Connected Franchise – Whether playing solo or online with friends, your quest to build an NFL dynasty comes complete with a brand new scouting and draft system as well as all-new dynamic goals throughout each game. Develop players with Game Prep and build your teams’ confidence through performance and front office transactions. Balance keeping players’ confidence up, to increase abilities and build player XP.

Madden Ultimate Team – Build your ultimate team with your favorite NFL players from the past and present while dominating the opposition in head-to-head seasons, solo challenges, and more. Earn coins to buy packs through the online store, where you can trade and auction off items on the road to building the Ultimate Team. Engage with the NFL year round thanks to live content and service updates in the fastest growing mode in Madden.

Skills Trainer – With 60+ tutorials and drills, Skills Trainer focuses on teaching the strategy behind different passing and run concepts, as well as how to play Madden for new users to the series. Fan favorite Gauntlet mode returns with all-new Boss Battles, Extra Life challenges and opportunities to jump or fall levels in a single play.

UPDATE: Pre-order info added based on details posted on EA's site.

"Madden NFL 16 is now available for pre-order at all major retailers, and fans who place their orders now will receive $15 in Ultimate Team content including 10 Pro Packs and a Playmaker Pack for use in Madden Ultimate Team (MUT). The Playmaker Pack grants fans with an Elite player who they can use to give their Ultimate Team an extra boost right out of the gate and start making the huge plays right away.

Those looking for even more content can upgrade to the Deluxe Edition, which ups the ante with 36 Pro Packs and a Playmaker Pack, all for $69.99."

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 05/14/15 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Whatever happened to true-step and making it apply to all 22? Not trolling, just curious in general.
This! Haven't heard anything about True Step since Madden 25. Was that another one & done feature? I know it was still in Madden 15 but only for user controlled players & they supposedly tuned it. Didn't they say they were adding it to all 22 players?

# 102 howboutdat @ 05/14/15 10:49 AM
Sorry but the "new" passing stuff was almost word for word what they said was in m13, that wasnt.

the new WR /CB INTERACTIONS, sounds like more forced animations, great!!!! LOVE THOSE

CFM- same thing, just a tweak here and there....

wow so basically new thing is wr/cb interactions, but yet still not a word about player assignments.cant match up my best cb with other teams best wr? ? still ? come on man

im yawning already at this "new" madden.

# 103 howboutdat @ 05/14/15 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KringKong556
Sounds like they ignored fixing anything about the confidence system. In a 32 man online league, it sucks when you get ahold of a team that is low in confidence year after year. Confidence should replenish to 50 at the start of every season as it does in real life. No one goes into a season saying WE ARE GONNA SUCK! YEA! Everything else about the game I thought was decent(compared to past maddens) in madden 15. I will need to see more at E3 to really launch my feeling about the game in a certain direction. Hopefully E3 will also put to bed all the speculation and rumors about Joe Montana Football 16 and show us what exactly it is gonna be all about.
totally agree, and if that isnt fixed in 16, my league will be shutting down, ill just go buy Joe Montana ( oh wait thats "not a real game yet") .If EA was to sorry to fix one of the biggest issues that plagued 32 man online CFMs last year, im not giving them my money. F em

# 104 CM Hooe @ 05/14/15 11:16 AM
As I mentioned in a separate thread already, this is the Madden NFL forum.

There's no reason for any other football game to be mentioned in this forum.

# 105 aholbert32 @ 05/14/15 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
totally agree, and if that isnt fixed in 16, my league will be shutting down, ill just go buy Joe Montana ( oh wait thats "not a real game yet") .If EA was to sorry to fix one of the biggest issues that plagued 32 man online CFMs last year, im not giving them my money. F em
Dont get banned trying to be cute. This is considered trolling and there is zero tolerance for that here.

# 106 howboutdat @ 05/14/15 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Dont get banned trying to be cute. This is considered trolling and there is zero tolerance for that here.
got ya , sorry bout that

# 107 RexDEAFootball @ 05/14/15 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
I hope the improved pass interference system has actual animations for PI calls, I hope they also added defensive holding/illegal contact. Don't let it be random please I want to actually see the penalty
We have pass interference animations in M16. They are part of the 2 man catch animations you saw in the trailer.

# 108 aholbert32 @ 05/14/15 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDEAFootball
We have pass interference animations in M16. They are part of the 2 man catch animations you saw in the trailer.
Is PI the only new penalty or can we expect other penalties like defensive holding tied in with the new hand fighting animations?

# 109 RexDEAFootball @ 05/14/15 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
No man-to-man db/wr interactions before the ball is in the air? No animation overhaul? Game modes seem limited, with no new game modes.
There are a ton of new zone chuck, press interactions and an entirely new 'hand fighting' system. We've added a ton of new content for featuring contact between receivers and defenders before the ball is in the air, while the ball is in the air and during the catch.

# 110 howboutdat @ 05/14/15 11:39 AM
? for rex - did Confidence get tweaked, fixed, revamped in CFM , or still the same?

# 111 SolidSquid @ 05/14/15 11:41 AM
Quote:
There are a ton of new zone chuck, press interactions and an entirely new 'hand fighting' system. We've added a ton of new content for featuring contact between receivers and defenders before the ball is in the air, while the ball is in the air and during the catch.
Are these able to be user controlled or will it be strictly an AI thing? Also any new equipment coming?

# 112 DeuceDouglas @ 05/14/15 11:46 AM
Hopefully sliders have been tweaked to account for these changes. If nobody will cover a TE on a corner route on 100 pass coverage and 100 pass reaction all of these new animations and PI become more or less moot. Same goes for the penalty sliders. There needs to be a large give and take between 0 and 100. Zero, it never gets called. 100 gets called every play.

# 113 DeuceDouglas @ 05/14/15 11:48 AM
Quote:
Will pass interference be called outside of these animations or will it be directly reliant upon the animation taking place?

# 114 domwillb @ 05/14/15 12:31 PM
This is all fine and dandy.. BUT IS THERE GOING TO BE TEAM PLAY OR NOT 3V3. That is my deciding factor on the game.

# 115 dxyyz1 @ 05/14/15 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
EA doesnt want and shouldnt want to spend money on acquiring the CBS logo/mark for the game. That is a waste of money when you can get damn close without using CBS.
Well EA does keep saying they want to make a authentic simulation NFL football game what's more authentic then actual branding?

# 116 tktnuri @ 05/14/15 01:14 PM
Yes. Lets put features that were in Madden 06 on PS2 finally added to Next Gen consoles.

And why was the ball not knocked out of Antonio Browns hands? It looked like Webbs hand went through the ball and Browns hand.

# 117 dxyyz1 @ 05/14/15 01:16 PM
Total Control Passing is not new to madden it was in madden 06(10 yrs ago) why is it said to be "new to madden"?

# 118 howboutdat @ 05/14/15 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxyyz1
Total Control Passing is not new to madden it was in madden 06(10 yrs ago) why is it said to be "new to madden"?
I just dont get how they can look themselves in the mirror year after year, playing pet and repeat trying to claim something is new. This was also a supposed feature of madden 13, never worked quite right but , here is to hoping this year it works right.

# 119 aholbert32 @ 05/14/15 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxyyz1
Well EA does keep saying they want to make a authentic simulation NFL football game what's more authentic then actual branding?
Thats makes sense if you ignore the fact that actual branding is a waste of money. No one is buying the game because the scoreboard says CBS instead of EA Sports.

Its a waste of money when you can duplicate it. Also, why is no one complainingg about NBA 2k and their 2k branding? 2k does the same exact thing and no one complains that they dont have actual TNT branding.

# 120 aholbert32 @ 05/14/15 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
I just dont get how they can look themselves in the mirror year after year, playing pet and repeat trying to claim something is new. This was also a supposed feature of madden 13, never worked quite right but , here is to hoping this year it works right.

Its marketing and it only matters if you get fooled by the marketing. People act like Madden is the first game to eliminate a feature and attempt to market it as a new feature when they bring it back. Sony and 2k have done the same thing in recent years.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.