Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

Xbox One gamers will once again have the opportunity to play Madden NFL 16 five days before the actual release date with a subscription to EA Access, confirmed by Microsoft marketing executive Aaron Greenberg on Twitter.

With Madden NFL 16 releasing on August 25th, EA Access subscribers should be able to download the game on August 20th.

As an Xbox One exclusive, EA Access gives subscribers ($4.99 a month/$29.99 a year) access to The Vault, which provides full digital downloadable games for EA SPORTS UFC, NHL 15, Battlefield 4, Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare, NBA LIVE 15, Madden NFL 25, Madden NFL 15, Need For Speed Rivals, FIFA 14, FIFA 15, and Peggle 2. EA Access subscribers also receive 10% off EA digital purchases and trial versions (typically 6 hours) of EA games before they are released.

With that said, EA Sports released another Madden NFL 16 screenshot on their Facebook page. It features New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski defended by Arizona Cardinals cornerback, Patrick Peterson.

For more Madden NFL 16 details, including features, screenshots and the first trailer, check out our official page.

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 mestevo @ 05/22/15 12:40 AM
It's a pretty ridiculous value, the Vault now has FIFA 14, 15, Battlefield 4, Madden NFL 25, 15, Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare, NHL 15, EA SPORTS UFC, Need for Speed Rivals, NBA LIVE 15 and Peggle 2 in the vault. You can install and play all of those games.

In addition to that, games that have trials like Madden and Dragon Age: Inquisition... they aren't a limited time. Trials aren't only available for a specific window, you could get EA Access in December and have 6 hours of Madden 16 available to you assuming you didn't subscribe and use it earlier.

$5 for a month, $30 for a year, whichever way you decide to go it's almost certainly worth it for anyone owning an Xbox One.

# 22 4thQtrStre5S @ 05/22/15 01:09 AM
I have no desire to play games from last year or even further back..

And when did Access make its debut in relation to when EA stopped putting out demos for everyone, such as games like Madden?

# 23 kwpit79 @ 05/22/15 07:39 AM
You can probably buy all of the games offered in the vault, used, for about 30 bucks, lol.

# 24 SolidSquid @ 05/22/15 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwpit79
You can probably buy all of the games offered in the vault, used, for about 30 bucks, lol.
While that's true, you also get 6 hours of early access to all their new games which is worth it to some people. I wish they offered something like this for PS4 but EA bet on microsofts horse.

# 25 m1ke_nyc @ 05/22/15 09:42 AM
Quote:
If your saying you can buy all of them together used for $30 then no that's not gonna happen unless you catch a desperate private seller.

# 26 mestevo @ 05/22/15 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
While that's true, you also get 6 hours of early access to all their new games which is worth it to some people. I wish they offered something like this for PS4 but EA bet on microsofts horse.
Sony declined to participate in the service is all.

# 27 aholbert32 @ 05/22/15 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I have no desire to play games from last year or even further back..

And when did Access make its debut in relation to when EA stopped putting out demos for everyone, such as games like Madden?
Around the same time. Demos are dead for EA games. Time to move on from that.

# 28 CM Hooe @ 05/22/15 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Honestly, with the exception of betas for multiplayer first-person shooters (which often require a pre-order for access, anyway), demos are dead for AAA console gaming period. This isn't just an EA thing.

# 29 4thQtrStre5S @ 05/22/15 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Hence they found another way to increase profits...It is why businesses are created, profit..

# 30 Mauer4MVP @ 05/22/15 10:36 AM
Quote:
Not a perfect science, but after looking on Ebay for the cheapest available Buy It Now game, together the value is $168 bucks for the games.

You also get the early access and it also allows me the trade/sell my games earlier than I normally would to get my best value and be able to get a digital copy.

It's an outstanding value, especially when you're in a game lull.

# 31 sunnyhmoon @ 05/23/15 11:23 PM
Will it ever come to the PS4??

# 32 4thQtrStre5S @ 05/24/15 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants4Natic
Just seems those that have issue with EA access are on a different console. No way anybody can say what you get in the vault plus early access to games is not worth 30 a year.
I can..I have no use for old games, and I am not concerned about getting a game a week earlier with a 6 hour play time..And I have an Xbox One...Just my opinion though....

Sorry I started this whole thing, as it seems my initial comment sparked this whole list of people stating they love Access, well cool; to each their own..We will agree to disagree...Now back to football?

# 33 HoundsOfHowl @ 05/24/15 09:13 AM
My biggest pro to EA Access is that usually once they place the current game in the vault, your games are still worth 20$ at gamestop. So you only lose 40$ per game on the trade, while you're still given almost 6 months of the game before the newest comes out.

But if you buy Fifa and madden like myself and I trade both for 20$ and EA access is only $30/year. I still come out $10 ahead by having access.

Biggest con - 6 hours, but I've learned to deal with it and make the 6 hours last 5 days

# 34 4thQtrStre5S @ 05/24/15 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBleedOrange247
My biggest pro to EA Access is that usually once they place the current game in the vault, your games are still worth 20$ at gamestop. So you only lose 40$ per game on the trade, while you're still given almost 6 months of the game before the newest comes out.

But if you buy Fifa and madden like myself and I trade both for 20$ and EA access is only $30/year. I still come out $10 ahead by having access.

Biggest con - 6 hours, but I've learned to deal with it and make the 6 hours last 5 days
^^^ Now that bit of info is starting to make Access sound better..

I have 1 question: To get the early access for a game, such as Madden, do you have to pre-order it through Access? I have M16 already pre-ordered through Gamestop ($5) hold, so no biggy, if I would need to switch my pre-order...

# 35 mestevo @ 05/24/15 11:09 AM
No, but I'm surprised that there isn't that kind of arrangement yet.

You do also get the benefit of not needing to reinstall the game when you get the retail copy. If I don't do digital I don't have to bother with the midnight shenanigans for a fix opening day if my trial isn't over yet (usually isn't).

Though it's still a kinda fun spectacle to participate in too.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.