Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

The guys at SCEA are offering some special camo-themed gear to honor America's fallen for Memorial Day. Now through Memorial Day, you can get this special gear which will be dropping in-game randomly through Monday.

Be sure to check back frequently, as SCEA is certainly hoping you'll be playing this weekend and not miss the gear drops in-game!

UPDATE: The team also had some maintenance done on Friday, here are the change notes.
  • Arena player will now have stats inside of the game. Prior to this change, when in a DD game, DD player stats on things like the jumbotron were zero'd out.
  • Time parse check on draft status to recover us from those that sit in the draft room for long after its done. This should speed up Ol Franchise drafts.
  • Ol Franchise Draft archiver improved in case bad picks are made.
  • There is now 1 new "Camo" equipment item per equipment sponsor. 9 total. They have a noticeable Camo background and attribute boost differences. Their quality is between gold and diamond. They can be obtained through any pack where a gold or higher equipment item can be earned. This has been added to ote already, so you can check this out now
  • Two new packs added tomorrow morning:
    *Ballers
    *Prime Time

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Battman @ 05/21/15 02:02 PM
Honestly: I hate when sports teams run around in military gear.

# 2 Ruffy @ 05/21/15 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battman
They do it usually once or a few times a year on miltary themed nights where they are usually honouring those who served and are currently serving.

I have no issue with that here in Canada or our neighbours to the south.

# 3 CaseIH @ 05/21/15 02:41 PM
Quote:

I agree that I don't much care for the uniforms, but it is for a good cause, and our military deserves all the recognition and praise they get so I cant complain even if the uniforms do look rather ugly.

# 4 Kirby_SCEA @ 05/21/15 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke99
I'm confused, if you buy or get these items can u use them all year? Or just memorial day? In which case kind of a waste of time
If you get the equipment, you keep it. However, it's only being dropped during this Memorial Day time period.

# 5 ShowTyme15 @ 05/21/15 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby_SCEA
If you get the equipment, you keep it. However, it's only being dropped during this Memorial Day time period.
Do we have to purchase these items? Do they appear during the daily login or through packs? Curious to know if you can chime in Kirby. Thanks

# 6 jyoung @ 05/21/15 07:13 PM
Diamond equipment is still the best, but this Camo equipment is definitely higher rated than the Gold equipment. So it's basically an in-between item set from the super expensive Diamond stuff to the relatively cheap gold stuff.

# 7 brent3419 @ 05/21/15 11:15 PM
can i buy these

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk

# 8 dalger21 @ 05/22/15 07:37 AM
Quote:
I disagree. As a former Marine, I think it's pretty cool that MLB and other leagues take the time to honor the military and police/firefighters no matter who pays for it.

# 9 MLB Bob @ 05/22/15 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
I disagree. As a former Marine, I think it's cool that MLB and other leagues take the time to honor the military and police/firefighters.
In NFL, it recently came out that these military events and honorings are funded by the military with their recruiting budget. Its great to honor military but its a cash game like everything else. Military need the recruits and sports teams need the warm and fuzzies.

I got a camo batting glove...Ive been trying to sell it..but if its limited may hold on it till their not available anymore and see if the price goes up.

# 10 tree3five @ 05/23/15 12:51 AM
Does the gear actually have camo pattern when worn by the player?

# 11 beedl001 @ 05/23/15 11:17 AM
The camo gloves I put on have no camo pattern. It's like the poster above said, this 'camo' equipment is just the silver equipment with different ratings. I don't know what to even add to that.

# 12 CSilver355 @ 05/23/15 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beedl001
The camo gloves I put on have no camo pattern. It's like the poster above said, this 'camo' equipment is just the silver equipment with different ratings. I don't know what to even add to that.
So, why in the heck advertise "camo"!?! I just spent money for no reason. I wanted the "camo" gear since the Padres wear camo every Sunday in my RTTS. Thanks for the false advertisement SCEA .

# 13 CSilver355 @ 05/23/15 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55
I think they meant "camo" in terms of it being it's on tier; silver, gold, diamond and camo.
Well, they didn't say that did they? I'm sure 95% of people were expecting what I was expecting and that is gear with "camo" patterns on them. It's w.e now I mean I already purchased the gear anyways. At least the attributes are a bit better.

# 14 HozAndMoose @ 05/23/15 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSilver355
Well, they didn't say that did they? I'm sure 95% of people were expecting what I was expecting and that is gear with "camo" patterns on them. It's w.e now I mean I already purchased the gear anyways. At least the attributes are a bit better.
This picture says it all

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.