Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports has just released Madden NFL 16 Connected Franchise details. Players can choose between offline and cloud saves. With cloud saves, you can advance weeks faster and access the league online and invite friends. The blog details confidence tuning, free practice, combine stats, scouting and much more.

Below are some of the new details in Madden NFL 16 Connected Franchise, click here to read the entire blog.

DYNAMIC DRIVE GOALS
Each new drive contains a Drive Goal that can be completed for bonus XP and/or Confidence.

Specific goals are tailored based on events in the current game to give players a unique challenge each and every game.

Dynamic Drive Goals truly influence the way you play. The more goals you complete, the faster your players improve.

POST-PLAY GOAL FEEDBACK
The team listened to fan feedback and made it easier for players to see which goals have been completed in-game. This year, players will now see goal feedback throughout the mode.

XP and Confidence updates appear next to your player at the end of each play. A new ticker at the bottom of the screen tracks goal progress and shows updates to all the goals influenced that play.

Players will also notice new broadcast interface elements that celebrate completing goals. This adds up to a groundbreaking broadcast experience for Connected Franchise.

WEEKLY GOALS
Weekly goals have been refactored from the ground up by implementing a new quest-like system that chains goals together week to week. These goals are assigned based on performance, position, and career status and are both team-based and individual.

For example, a “Breakout Running Back” goal may be triggered for rookie running backs that are having a great season.

As goals are completed or missed, player confidence will fluctuate. Some focus on negative stats such as fumbles and interceptions, and are tied to regression.

GOAL LOADING SCREENS
New goal loading screens allow players to maximize goal completion. Completing these goals during the game will give you additional XP and/or Confidence that helps players perform better on the field.

THINGS TO DO
The Connected Franchise Hub is more streamlined, and players can find what they need faster than ever.

It all starts on the consolidated Things to Do screen, which brings all the information from last year’s Actions and Home to one convenient location. Players can see where they stand in the season timeline, and how far they are from the Playoffs.

VISUAL TEAM DEPTH CHART
One major overhaul this year is the all-new Visual Team Depth Chart, which allows players to easily see each side of the ball and make adjustments.

Your depth chart is the heart and soul of your team, which is why we brought it to the forefront with the Team Panel. Simply drag and drop players to reorder the depth chart.

PLAYER CARD
Another big improvement is the new Player Card, which gives players an attribute breakdown without having to scroll left or right on a spreadsheet. This screen includes all the key position attributes for the player, and which attributes are being affected by Confidence.

Quickly perform key actions such as spending XP, viewing goals, adding to the trade block, and more.

NEW SCOUTING
Scouting has been reworked from the ground up in Madden NFL 16. Coaches and Owners will see a “Thing to Do” item in Week 3 that instructs how to Scout. The basic concept is that you’ll spend Scouting Points on a player, learn more about their abilities, and decide whether you want to select them in the upcoming NFL Draft.

Scouting Points unlock a player’s top three attributes, with the third unlock providing their true draft value. This true draft value will help teams find “Diamonds” and “Overvalued” players in the draft class.

Will you take a projected fifth-round pick with second-round skills in round two, or wait until later hoping that others don’t realize his potential? These are the types of decisions that come to life with the new true talent rating.

COMBINE STATS
Players can now access Combine Reports during NFL Combine Week, which includes a Combine Grade and results from six Combine events: 40-yard Dash, Vertical Jump, Broad Jump, 3 Cone, 20-yard Shuttle, and Bench Press. These results can be seen without spending any Scouting Points.

Combine Reports not only include results, but also how players stack up compared to others at their position. Will you draft the fastest running back in the class, or look for a well-rounded player?

DRAFT FEEDBACK
The Draft screen itself has received a visual overhaul, and now provides much-needed feedback right after selecting a player. You’ll immediately be able to see the player’s attributes and where he was ranked, which provides immediate feedback on whether or not you made a good pick.

MEMBERS LIST
New Members panels allow players to quickly interact with fellow league members in a Cloud Franchise. You can see their game status and whether they’re online.

Commissioners can toggle Auto Pilot, clear cap penalties, and remove them from the league.

SIM-A-WIN
League commissioners can influence wins by using the League Schedule. Sim-a-Win allows you to set the winning team for any game that has not been played.

This tool allows players to craft the season of their dreams, and also helps facilitate large multiplayer leagues.

FREE PRACTICE
Players voiced a desire to practice with their Franchise team, so the team went ahead and added Free Practice to Game Prep this year.

Coaches or Owners can take their team on the field to experiment by using Free Practice. When Game Prep is available during the week, Free Practice can also be used at no additional cost.

Free Practice is a great way to a look at how a team plays, and lets players stay ahead of the curve.

CONFIDENCE TUNING
Confidence has been greatly tuned in Madden NFL 16. We’ve decreased the amount that confidence changes for every player, and also adjusted the ratings per position that can go up or down, and how confidence impacts them.

A new Game Prep activity has been added to the preseason, which allows teams to improve their low confidence before the season begins. We’ve also increased the amount of time each team has in Game Prep every week.

OWNER MODE FINANCE TUNING
Small-market teams in older stadiums now have more money to spend into the offseason every year.

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 sebennayx @ 05/28/15 02:38 PM
I'm curious if the "True Draft Value" takes things like scheme, a team's positional value, or current roster into account. For example - a penetrating 4-3 team takes the mammoth 2-gapping (lol) 360lb NT at pick 20 even though he was ranked 12. Does scheme fit get taken into account?...or does it just say you made a "good pick" just because he has a decent OVR?

Moreover, is the "True Draft Value" just a listing of OVR from highest to lowest? Like if you get Sherman in the 5th, does it tell you his "True Draft Value" is 6, even though you picked him at 154?

# 42 J ROCK 05 @ 05/28/15 02:45 PM
Dynamic Drive Goals truly influence the way you play. The more goals you complete, the faster your players improve.

This scares me WAY too much. Can we get SIM anyone? What is this nonsense with goals every drive which no doubt will effect player improvement way to fast! This XP player improvement drives me crazy.

People will be out there trying to complete every goal when it has nothing to do with the game on the field itself. I can see it now you get an interception inside your opponents 15 yard line and a goal will be complete a 20 yard pass. Ha.

# 43 howboutdat @ 05/28/15 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovejoyOTF
i'm not usually one for big overreactions but lordy, what is THAT? a few things in there that i like, but that really should be a given every year, but what's the obsession with goals? still no depth added to the mode. and they've overhauled scouting by basically getting rid of scouting?

i usually err on the side of being overly complimentary of changes like this, but i'm just flat out disappointed at a first glance.
i totally agree man. i HATE the XP system . They even said themselves " dynamic drive goals truly influence the way you play" .i cant stand that. "Goals" should have nothing to do with it. If you playing and worring about stats, your not playing football, your playing stat-whore.I agree , dont seem like alot really done here. Fresher menu system, as you said, scouting basically removed, oh yeah and now "Commissioners can toggle Auto Pilot, clear cap penalties, and remove them from the league." ?? Really, ive been able to do this ....why mention this?

I will say the good with the bad, sure. I like adding practice finally. Wish more was added for this but i wont go into that for now. Glad to hear confidence gets tweaked, but until i see it in action for a couple season im doubtful its still right. Still need more details on this "A new Game Prep activity has been added to the preseason, which allows teams to improve their low confidence before the season begins" . If that doesnt work for entire team in preseason, and only a select amount of players, its still a failure to me.

Unlike most it seems i could care less about a sim a win. Our league dont need that feature. We handle our own things the right way without it, but i know alot wanted it so good for them. The attention on XP though, really makes me concerned as a commish of an online league. I know what that type of thing brings, and its not great for leagues really imo. Ahhh well, just have to wait for more in depth details i guess, but as a first glance, im not that happy of a camper.

# 44 woodjer @ 05/28/15 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom zoom
I worry so much less about realism when it comes to building a roster. What I want is what you are describing, which is some sort of risk/reward system that lets me concentrate on areas of need.

One the reasons I preferred NCAA to Madden was the recruiting minima. Was it realistic? Nope. Did it offer a manner in which I could gain or lose recruits based on where I placed my resources, along with the random recruit just doing as he damn well pleases? Yep!

For professional games, I wold prefer to lose every bit of the realism involved in free agency in favor of a minima mode that lets you sign and lose players based on your priorities. The more of a game it is, and less busywork, the more likely it will be fun to compete with other owners to sign free agents. Competing for recruits in an Online Dynasty in NCAA was really fun, and encouraged lots of trash talking.

I think free agency rules are great for real life when it comes to balancing the power between players and teams, but all we need in games is a way to get available players, and lose out own free agents. It doesn't have to mimic the exact format of real life to accomplish the same basic goals.
Hmm...when I first started reading your thought here, I was like "No effing way, man! I want to pick who I want!" But then I got thinking about it more and really REALLY like your idea. Maybe I set priorities for positions and skills and my "Assistant GM" finds the guys for me. Just to make sure I have some control, give me an option to veto the signing before it happens or give me the guy and I work out the contract details. Anything that can help keep people from just picking the best OVR player at a position, regardless of fit, works for me!

As for the whole scouting thing, I'm going to reserve full judgement for when I see it in action. My first thought is that it's way too limited. If it gives me the guys top three attributes, I might never get a chance to learn about what I consider to be the most important one. For example, let's say a WR's top three are Spectacular Catch, Carrying, and Catch In Traffic...but I really want a top Route Runner. If I'm understanding the scouting correctly, I have to take a guess just knowing it's lower than those three...even though he might be the perfect fit. In the real world, I would have to guess that a scout focuses on whatever aspect he/she is instructed to, not just what the player does best. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what they're trying to do with it though...

# 45 jRick21 @ 05/28/15 02:54 PM
Does anyone know if you can change locations of your team? Or colors/logo etc. I know you could in the past...Madden 11 I believe. I am not quite sure what madden it was because I have been playing the (much better IMO) Ncaa14. Thanks!

# 46 redsox4evur @ 05/28/15 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom zoom
For professional games, I wold prefer to lose every bit of the realism involved in free agency in favor of a minima mode that lets you sign and lose players based on your priorities. The more of a game it is, and less busywork, the more likely it will be fun to compete with other owners to sign free agents. Competing for recruits in an Online Dynasty in NCAA was really fun, and encouraged lots of trash talking.
I think I have seen something like before in another game created by EA. NBA Live 10. They had little things where you would to go to sign a guy and you had to choose 3 things that you thought were important like money, winning, etc. and then it showed the 3 from the player. And you couldn't even talk to the guy if you got a certain amount wrong. So it has been in a sports game before. At least that's what I think it was. I haven't played that game for a couple of years.

# 47 RyanLaFalce @ 05/28/15 02:56 PM
I wonder if players can get injured in free practice? If there was an option, I'd put yes. Practice at your own risk.

# 48 oneamongthefence @ 05/28/15 03:05 PM
Hopefully they fixed regression. Also draft classes are rebalanced. Very few great running backs. And player portraits needed to be expanded.

# 49 ultralow36 @ 05/28/15 03:07 PM
im not happy about anything or let down......im like its just a game if its fun i will play it....madden is madden.....

# 50 oneamongthefence @ 05/28/15 03:16 PM
I like the additions. But it's just more intuitive menus. I'm disappointed there isn't more player interaction within these new menus. I don't want a wishlist post but it's very ho-hum from a "wow" point of view.

# 51 MajorSupreme @ 05/28/15 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwest85
I bet they still don't have assistant coaches in the game
The biggest disappointment for me.

# 52 howboutdat @ 05/28/15 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertgriffin10
One thing that sounds intriguing is combine results. I really hope that the results actually affect the stats. So if someone runs a 4.27 there speed better be like around 96-99. Or if they do 40 reps on the bench press they have a strong strength rating. Etc. It better not just be for show like the dumb draft stories
personally i believe this is going to bring back a new sort of "cheat sheet" for the drafts. Congratulations EA! it will be something like this if player runs 40 in 4.78-4.82 = 89-92 speed ..... this will be a new thing , just watch n see.

Issue i have with it , is , its free , for everyone in the league. So it costs you nothing so you can spend more scouting points else where. The reason i LOVED madden 15 scouting and draft was because, people HAD to scout , and if they wanted to know it, it was gonna cost them, so they were limited on what they could know on a larger scale. Thus really giving the opportunity to find a guy still there in the 5th round, with star dev , and good attributes , to make a great player . This is going to be taking out alot of the enjoyment IMO., between that and the "true draft value" .... man why couldnt they leave it alone, it was fine the way it was , for 1 year.....

# 53 4thQtrStre5S @ 05/28/15 03:38 PM
In general I like the initial reveal for CFM...I would like to have formation subs and editable draft classes, etc...Then again, if EA/Tiburon has fine tuned the generated draft classes, maybe things will be good overall..

I really like the Combine and Free Practice, with the later being very big to me.

Ultimately game play will be the deciding factor, but that is beyond the scope of this thread...

I like the in game goals, though I hope goals are determined by team scheme...The ability to have more control over Confidence and the extra budget for the small market teams are good news, IMO...

I do like the visual depth charts, even if it is just the MUT depth chart, but maybe this change helped streamline the inner workings of Madden, by getting the different game modes to use as much as the same resources as possible?

I love how they are showing which attributes are affected by Confidence, hope this detail is added to things like sliders, both in and outside CFM.

Looking forward to more information...

# 54 Teleo @ 05/28/15 03:40 PM
I am not one to complain about bits and pieces of Madden and no matter what they do each year, I'm always a sucker for purchasing the game, but I find it interesting how for the last two installments they have implemented facets of the game that they call "new" with only modifications and added versions from past PS2 and XBOX 360 days. The scouting combine results was a feature that was on past versions. Drum roll please...

# 55 oneamongthefence @ 05/28/15 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
personally i believe this is going to bring back a new sort of "cheat sheet" for the drafts. Congratulations EA! it will be something like this if player runs 40 in 4.78-4.82 = 89-92 speed ..... this will be a new thing , just watch n see.

Issue i have with it , is , its free , for everyone in the league. So it costs you nothing so you can spend more scouting points else where. The reason i LOVED madden 15 scouting and draft was because, people HAD to scout , and if they wanted to know it, it was gonna cost them, so they were limited on what they could know on a larger scale. Thus really giving the opportunity to find a guy still there in the 5th round, with star dev , and good attributes , to make a great player . This is going to be taking out alot of the enjoyment IMO., between that and the "true draft value" .... man why couldnt they leave it alone, it was fine the way it was , for 1 year.....
I don't think it will be a cheat sheet as long as intangibles matter too. Ball carrier vision, accuracy, coverage ratings. Etc.

# 56 mestevo @ 05/28/15 03:46 PM
Yeah speed doesn't matter if he's going to fumble every third carry or return. Combine stuff is a good addition.

# 57 howboutdat @ 05/28/15 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
I don't think it will be a cheat sheet as long as intangibles matter too. Ball carrier vision, accuracy, coverage ratings. Etc.
i believe your missing my point. the new cheat sheet will tell a close approximate range of the attribute number that correlates with the combine drill and their score on that particular drill. like ball carrier vision isnt going to effect a hbs speed . His combine drill numbers will. Once they do enough testing , there will be sheets so people can just figure out about what each attribute will be , for the ones that correlate with combine drills that is.

# 58 howboutdat @ 05/28/15 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Yeah speed doesn't matter if he's going to fumble every third carry or return. Combine stuff is a good addition.
somehow , i bet you can scout a hbs carry attribute to get an idea there....

# 59 jyoung @ 05/28/15 04:04 PM
The editor of Game Informer's CFM article tweeted that there is still no way to make formation-specific substitutions while you're off the field in Madden 16.

Has anyone from EA confirmed this to be true?

Also, is there any confirmation yet of whether or not full special teams depth charts (and not just your KR/PR/P/K/LS) are in Madden 16?

# 60 CM Hooe @ 05/28/15 04:11 PM
According to Casey Mosier (@ThatBuckeye on Twitter, and an EA Sport Game Changer), formation substitutions are not in Madden NFL 16:

Quote:
No formation subs this year. That's up to the Central Gameplay Team to put that in. Once they put it in, all game modes could then use it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.