Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports has just released Madden NFL 16 Connected Franchise details. Players can choose between offline and cloud saves. With cloud saves, you can advance weeks faster and access the league online and invite friends. The blog details confidence tuning, free practice, combine stats, scouting and much more.

Below are some of the new details in Madden NFL 16 Connected Franchise, click here to read the entire blog.

DYNAMIC DRIVE GOALS
Each new drive contains a Drive Goal that can be completed for bonus XP and/or Confidence.

Specific goals are tailored based on events in the current game to give players a unique challenge each and every game.

Dynamic Drive Goals truly influence the way you play. The more goals you complete, the faster your players improve.

POST-PLAY GOAL FEEDBACK
The team listened to fan feedback and made it easier for players to see which goals have been completed in-game. This year, players will now see goal feedback throughout the mode.

XP and Confidence updates appear next to your player at the end of each play. A new ticker at the bottom of the screen tracks goal progress and shows updates to all the goals influenced that play.

Players will also notice new broadcast interface elements that celebrate completing goals. This adds up to a groundbreaking broadcast experience for Connected Franchise.

WEEKLY GOALS
Weekly goals have been refactored from the ground up by implementing a new quest-like system that chains goals together week to week. These goals are assigned based on performance, position, and career status and are both team-based and individual.

For example, a “Breakout Running Back” goal may be triggered for rookie running backs that are having a great season.

As goals are completed or missed, player confidence will fluctuate. Some focus on negative stats such as fumbles and interceptions, and are tied to regression.

GOAL LOADING SCREENS
New goal loading screens allow players to maximize goal completion. Completing these goals during the game will give you additional XP and/or Confidence that helps players perform better on the field.

THINGS TO DO
The Connected Franchise Hub is more streamlined, and players can find what they need faster than ever.

It all starts on the consolidated Things to Do screen, which brings all the information from last year’s Actions and Home to one convenient location. Players can see where they stand in the season timeline, and how far they are from the Playoffs.

VISUAL TEAM DEPTH CHART
One major overhaul this year is the all-new Visual Team Depth Chart, which allows players to easily see each side of the ball and make adjustments.

Your depth chart is the heart and soul of your team, which is why we brought it to the forefront with the Team Panel. Simply drag and drop players to reorder the depth chart.

PLAYER CARD
Another big improvement is the new Player Card, which gives players an attribute breakdown without having to scroll left or right on a spreadsheet. This screen includes all the key position attributes for the player, and which attributes are being affected by Confidence.

Quickly perform key actions such as spending XP, viewing goals, adding to the trade block, and more.

NEW SCOUTING
Scouting has been reworked from the ground up in Madden NFL 16. Coaches and Owners will see a “Thing to Do” item in Week 3 that instructs how to Scout. The basic concept is that you’ll spend Scouting Points on a player, learn more about their abilities, and decide whether you want to select them in the upcoming NFL Draft.

Scouting Points unlock a player’s top three attributes, with the third unlock providing their true draft value. This true draft value will help teams find “Diamonds” and “Overvalued” players in the draft class.

Will you take a projected fifth-round pick with second-round skills in round two, or wait until later hoping that others don’t realize his potential? These are the types of decisions that come to life with the new true talent rating.

COMBINE STATS
Players can now access Combine Reports during NFL Combine Week, which includes a Combine Grade and results from six Combine events: 40-yard Dash, Vertical Jump, Broad Jump, 3 Cone, 20-yard Shuttle, and Bench Press. These results can be seen without spending any Scouting Points.

Combine Reports not only include results, but also how players stack up compared to others at their position. Will you draft the fastest running back in the class, or look for a well-rounded player?

DRAFT FEEDBACK
The Draft screen itself has received a visual overhaul, and now provides much-needed feedback right after selecting a player. You’ll immediately be able to see the player’s attributes and where he was ranked, which provides immediate feedback on whether or not you made a good pick.

MEMBERS LIST
New Members panels allow players to quickly interact with fellow league members in a Cloud Franchise. You can see their game status and whether they’re online.

Commissioners can toggle Auto Pilot, clear cap penalties, and remove them from the league.

SIM-A-WIN
League commissioners can influence wins by using the League Schedule. Sim-a-Win allows you to set the winning team for any game that has not been played.

This tool allows players to craft the season of their dreams, and also helps facilitate large multiplayer leagues.

FREE PRACTICE
Players voiced a desire to practice with their Franchise team, so the team went ahead and added Free Practice to Game Prep this year.

Coaches or Owners can take their team on the field to experiment by using Free Practice. When Game Prep is available during the week, Free Practice can also be used at no additional cost.

Free Practice is a great way to a look at how a team plays, and lets players stay ahead of the curve.

CONFIDENCE TUNING
Confidence has been greatly tuned in Madden NFL 16. We’ve decreased the amount that confidence changes for every player, and also adjusted the ratings per position that can go up or down, and how confidence impacts them.

A new Game Prep activity has been added to the preseason, which allows teams to improve their low confidence before the season begins. We’ve also increased the amount of time each team has in Game Prep every week.

OWNER MODE FINANCE TUNING
Small-market teams in older stadiums now have more money to spend into the offseason every year.

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Godgers12 @ 05/28/15 06:06 PM
No mention of them fixing regression. WR's should not be slower than most OL by time they're 32. Mike Wallace should not ever be 65 spd.

# 82 Droopy03 @ 05/28/15 06:13 PM
To me I think they have some good ideas in what they are doing in Franchise mode and a lot of this stuff is overdue. One thing EA has to realized that hard core fans are in tuned with football in the offseason as much as in season. I remember a time I felt like the draft in madden was just as exciting as playing the game.

Secondly I know the game has different schemes on defense and stuff like that but Gameplay wise they need to do a better job on us being able to tell the difference in these schemes. A 3-4 defense is just a 3-4 defense... In the game I dont look at it any different than a 4-3 defense. I can attack them the same way. D-line in a 3 4 gets block easily by one blocker. A 3-4 defensive lineman is a 2-gap controlled player. Meaning they are responsible for a gap on each side of them. The game play nowhere like that.

I think for me the gameplay will be much more exciting if I enjoyed the strategy part of the game that happens possession to possession than DB/WR interactions. I think thats great they added it but I want to feel like a coach and I want to feel like what I did was the difference in the game.

# 83 Godgers12 @ 05/28/15 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Here is my issue, Yes in real life , its free for every team. However unlike real life, your not taking a player with mediocre speed and just dominating in madden, Speed and strength are very important ( depending on position) they kill moreso in madden than in real life.Is a super fast guy in real life really good, yes, but its even more impactful in madden, always has been. Thus i dont care for it. At least the way it was in madden 15, guys had to spend some points to find out a letter grade, thus they couldnt use all their points on too many other things, because you can bet, they checked out a players speed, accel, and strength ( at certain positions) ,this limited how much more they could scout, thus gave greater opportunity to find a guy in the 4th or 5th round , that could come out as a really good player. I just feel, this is gonna take out some of that aspect and make it easier to figure out who is better and once again drafts will be mostly void of the best players after 2 rounds.
I agree completely. In theory it's good especially for offline guys, but I play exclusively online. This will make it so that almost no 95 spd HB CB and WR make it out of the 2nd round.

# 84 Cowboy008 @ 05/28/15 06:19 PM
I wish they would get away from goals and xp. I think it's ruining the game.

# 85 Find_the_Door @ 05/28/15 06:36 PM
No formation subs or practice squad is a huge letdown.

Hopefully they've at least updated depth charts with nickel corner, and 1 Tech & 3 Tech, Rover would be an awesome addition too, Nickel rusher would be great.

I dream of the day that we can set formation subs for down and distance. Would be absolutely awesome

# 86 CM Hooe @ 05/28/15 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I wish they would get away from goals and xp. I think it's ruining the game.
Given that they've had the XP mechanic in the game for the past three years and have seemingly doubled down on it this year, I don't see that happening.

# 87 charter04 @ 05/28/15 06:42 PM
Quote:
personally i believe this is going to bring back a new sort of "cheat sheet" for the drafts. Congratulations EA! it will be something like this if player runs 40 in 4.78-4.82 = 89-92 speed ..... this will be a new thing , just watch n see.

Issue i have with it , is , its free , for everyone in the league. So it costs you nothing so you can spend more scouting points else where. The reason i LOVED madden 15 scouting and draft was because, people HAD to scout , and if they wanted to know it, it was gonna cost them, so they were limited on what they could know on a larger scale. Thus really giving the opportunity to find a guy still there in the 5th round, with star dev , and good attributes , to make a great player . This is going to be taking out alot of the enjoyment IMO., between that and the "true draft value" .... man why couldnt they leave it alone, it was fine the way it was , for 1 year.....

Why would seeing 40 time and it actually letting you know how fast someone is be a cheat sheet type thing. Isn't that the point of the actual NFL combine?

Why should have have to scout the speed of a player when even casual fans have 40 times? This new way is more realistic. Less blind picks in the 4th-7th rounds is a good thing IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 88 asu666 @ 05/28/15 07:20 PM
"OWNER MODE FINANCE TUNING
Small-market teams in older stadiums now have more money to spend into the offseason every year."

A big fix for small-market team fans.

# 89 extremeskins04 @ 05/28/15 07:46 PM
I have to agree with others. The dynamic drive goals scare the crap out of me. And it's going to be one of the factors in how players progress? They do seem very "goals and xp" oriented now.

# 90 mestevo @ 05/28/15 07:51 PM
Just sounds like a take on the goals you see playing The Show as a pitcher. Go out and get a first down as a goal, score on this drive, grind out 4+ minutes, etc. Interested in seeing them in action.

# 91 howboutdat @ 05/28/15 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Why would seeing 40 time and it actually letting you know how fast someone is be a cheat sheet type thing. Isn't that the point of the actual NFL combine?

Why should have have to scout the speed of a player when even casual fans have 40 times? This new way is more realistic. Less blind picks in the 4th-7th rounds is a good thing IMHO

In madden , speed kills, str kills for some positions.like it or not, at the end of the day, this is still video game and some things still need to be "alittle different" than it is in real life to keep it fun.If i bothered to play offline , it would be fine for that, but for an online league, its going to hurt drafts.You wont be finding gems in the 4th and 5th rounds anymore after this game has been out a while.... just watch and see.you can revisit this post then.

# 92 sportskid84 @ 05/28/15 08:13 PM
I hate the XP progression system,can we just get that good ole fashion fantasy mode?

# 93 snc237 @ 05/28/15 08:15 PM
Never been a fan of the xp stuff. The franchise mode in madden 05 was spot on (other then easy trading). franchise mode on the 360 on have been lack luster. Slowly getting better but still a ways off.

# 94 Grey_Osprey @ 05/28/15 08:25 PM
Overall, it just doesn't wow me. I guess I was really hoping this would be the year a lot of features from past Maddens and HC09 finally made it's way back into Madden. And maybe NCAA's coaching carousel too. The fact that so much is missing that has been in previous games, including previous EA games is beyond frustrating.

# 95 charter04 @ 05/28/15 08:49 PM
Quote:
In madden , speed kills, str kills for some positions.like it or not, at the end of the day, this is still video game and some things still need to be "alittle different" than it is in real life to keep it fun.If i bothered to play offline , it would be fine for that, but for an online league, its going to hurt drafts.You wont be finding gems in the 4th and 5th rounds anymore after this game has been out a while.... just watch and see.you can revisit this post then.

Most of all I play is 32 player online CFM. I understand your point I just disagree. Just have to agree to disagree. Peace

# 96 LorenzoDC @ 05/28/15 08:52 PM
I'm exclusively an offline franchise mode player, and last year was the first Madden I've skipped in the last decade. I was thinking I might come back this year if they made enough improvement over a two year period, but this announcement leaves me flat.

Ill probably stick with NBA 2k and its MyLeague, nearly fully customizable and editable offline association mode. All this stuff about goals and XP leaves me bored. NBA 2k comes out earlier this year so it's almost directly competing with Madden now.

I'll pay attention to other Madden announcements. Maybe gameplay will greatly improve, who knows? I'll see what posters here are saying once the game is out a couple of weeks and decide. That's what I did last year, and what made me decide to pass.

If you play video game basketball, it's really hard to go back to CCM after MyLeague gave the offfline sim player just about everything they wanted.

# 97 T5063 @ 05/28/15 09:10 PM
A couple of good additions. I like the new player card. I also like the new menu layout especially how its not as dark as the one from the last two years. Still has a lot of things missing like a coaching carousel etc.

# 98 Gman 18 @ 05/28/15 09:18 PM
Honestly this news is very underwhelming to me. Instead of working on a dynamic formation subs interface ( REQUESTED by the community ) they updated the depth chart interface, which really didnt NEED any changes. I dont recall anyone in the community requesting " fancy " depth charts. They even added a new goals interface! Practice squads ( which were on PSP madden ), editable draft classes, training camp, a weekly wrap up show, a revamped CFM injury system, player regression and progression head the list of many things that have been requested for years and have yet to be implemented. " Its in the game ", EA!

# 99 roadman @ 05/28/15 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
This. I let myself get a little too optimistic that Kolbe from the show worked exclusively on CFM. While they added little things nothing really changed at all. Still no restricted free agents, practice squads, coaching carousel, real depth chart(Sam lb, will lb, special teams), contract disputes/holdouts, position battles, suspensions(highly unlikely), dealing with different agents/player personalities.

CFM just has no life to it, it feels like a bunch of play now games just strung together. Bring the drama of the NFL to us.
Eh, I think it's a bit premature to hang the noose on Kolbe after one year of being in charge of CFM. I think he had a heckuva mess to clean up and will continue to do so. I wish more was added on, but I keep going back to that interview that Mr. Bill had with Rex and Clint back in Oct/Nov 2013. People were asking about legacy issues and adding on things that are still glaringly missing and his response was we need to clean things up before we add new features to the game.

I just wish they would add more options, casual CFM mode, sim CFM mode, but we wait.

# 100 OhioCub @ 05/28/15 09:34 PM
Wow, looks like Madden has gone all in on the online and casual market and said tough luck to the hardcore simulation crowd. Sim-a-win? What kinda crap is that? So now all the casual players can go 16-0 because if they're no happy with the result of their playing they can just restart without a save and sim it as a win? Usually I fall for the ol' hype express every year hoping it's the year they turn it around only to be disappointed but it seems as though even the hype train has derailed this year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.