Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports has just released Madden NFL 16 Connected Franchise details. Players can choose between offline and cloud saves. With cloud saves, you can advance weeks faster and access the league online and invite friends. The blog details confidence tuning, free practice, combine stats, scouting and much more.

Below are some of the new details in Madden NFL 16 Connected Franchise, click here to read the entire blog.

DYNAMIC DRIVE GOALS
Each new drive contains a Drive Goal that can be completed for bonus XP and/or Confidence.

Specific goals are tailored based on events in the current game to give players a unique challenge each and every game.

Dynamic Drive Goals truly influence the way you play. The more goals you complete, the faster your players improve.

POST-PLAY GOAL FEEDBACK
The team listened to fan feedback and made it easier for players to see which goals have been completed in-game. This year, players will now see goal feedback throughout the mode.

XP and Confidence updates appear next to your player at the end of each play. A new ticker at the bottom of the screen tracks goal progress and shows updates to all the goals influenced that play.

Players will also notice new broadcast interface elements that celebrate completing goals. This adds up to a groundbreaking broadcast experience for Connected Franchise.

WEEKLY GOALS
Weekly goals have been refactored from the ground up by implementing a new quest-like system that chains goals together week to week. These goals are assigned based on performance, position, and career status and are both team-based and individual.

For example, a “Breakout Running Back” goal may be triggered for rookie running backs that are having a great season.

As goals are completed or missed, player confidence will fluctuate. Some focus on negative stats such as fumbles and interceptions, and are tied to regression.

GOAL LOADING SCREENS
New goal loading screens allow players to maximize goal completion. Completing these goals during the game will give you additional XP and/or Confidence that helps players perform better on the field.

THINGS TO DO
The Connected Franchise Hub is more streamlined, and players can find what they need faster than ever.

It all starts on the consolidated Things to Do screen, which brings all the information from last year’s Actions and Home to one convenient location. Players can see where they stand in the season timeline, and how far they are from the Playoffs.

VISUAL TEAM DEPTH CHART
One major overhaul this year is the all-new Visual Team Depth Chart, which allows players to easily see each side of the ball and make adjustments.

Your depth chart is the heart and soul of your team, which is why we brought it to the forefront with the Team Panel. Simply drag and drop players to reorder the depth chart.

PLAYER CARD
Another big improvement is the new Player Card, which gives players an attribute breakdown without having to scroll left or right on a spreadsheet. This screen includes all the key position attributes for the player, and which attributes are being affected by Confidence.

Quickly perform key actions such as spending XP, viewing goals, adding to the trade block, and more.

NEW SCOUTING
Scouting has been reworked from the ground up in Madden NFL 16. Coaches and Owners will see a “Thing to Do” item in Week 3 that instructs how to Scout. The basic concept is that you’ll spend Scouting Points on a player, learn more about their abilities, and decide whether you want to select them in the upcoming NFL Draft.

Scouting Points unlock a player’s top three attributes, with the third unlock providing their true draft value. This true draft value will help teams find “Diamonds” and “Overvalued” players in the draft class.

Will you take a projected fifth-round pick with second-round skills in round two, or wait until later hoping that others don’t realize his potential? These are the types of decisions that come to life with the new true talent rating.

COMBINE STATS
Players can now access Combine Reports during NFL Combine Week, which includes a Combine Grade and results from six Combine events: 40-yard Dash, Vertical Jump, Broad Jump, 3 Cone, 20-yard Shuttle, and Bench Press. These results can be seen without spending any Scouting Points.

Combine Reports not only include results, but also how players stack up compared to others at their position. Will you draft the fastest running back in the class, or look for a well-rounded player?

DRAFT FEEDBACK
The Draft screen itself has received a visual overhaul, and now provides much-needed feedback right after selecting a player. You’ll immediately be able to see the player’s attributes and where he was ranked, which provides immediate feedback on whether or not you made a good pick.

MEMBERS LIST
New Members panels allow players to quickly interact with fellow league members in a Cloud Franchise. You can see their game status and whether they’re online.

Commissioners can toggle Auto Pilot, clear cap penalties, and remove them from the league.

SIM-A-WIN
League commissioners can influence wins by using the League Schedule. Sim-a-Win allows you to set the winning team for any game that has not been played.

This tool allows players to craft the season of their dreams, and also helps facilitate large multiplayer leagues.

FREE PRACTICE
Players voiced a desire to practice with their Franchise team, so the team went ahead and added Free Practice to Game Prep this year.

Coaches or Owners can take their team on the field to experiment by using Free Practice. When Game Prep is available during the week, Free Practice can also be used at no additional cost.

Free Practice is a great way to a look at how a team plays, and lets players stay ahead of the curve.

CONFIDENCE TUNING
Confidence has been greatly tuned in Madden NFL 16. We’ve decreased the amount that confidence changes for every player, and also adjusted the ratings per position that can go up or down, and how confidence impacts them.

A new Game Prep activity has been added to the preseason, which allows teams to improve their low confidence before the season begins. We’ve also increased the amount of time each team has in Game Prep every week.

OWNER MODE FINANCE TUNING
Small-market teams in older stadiums now have more money to spend into the offseason every year.

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 l8knight1 @ 05/29/15 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xx13cloud
Is there STILL no co op franchise? Im tired of playing alone why cant friends play on the same team in a sports game...
As far as I can tell, they haven't said yes or no. Same for editable draft classes/rosters. Here's hoping.

# 162 aholbert32 @ 05/29/15 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel4Reel
Just a long winded excuse.

This is tantamount to "EA is scared". Let me get my violin...

You still havent answered why countless other videogames have customization tools and the developers dont get sued constantly because users create characters or rosters that have likenesses to real life people.

Maybe you should actually figure out what Im saying since I never made that claim ONCE.

You tell me Im not making sense when you dont even seem to understand the case being made. Mmmkay....

Well, the bolded is the first issue with Madden.

Really? Because, I know a good amount of people who still play Madden 12 just because of that. Hell, there are alot of people that still play PS2 Maddens and Madden 08 PC because of that.

Im not saying the majority do that, but acting like it doesnt appeal to alot of people is silly.

And? Not even sure what youre debating since I never claimed people wouldnt buy the newer games.

My case has everything to do with sim guys who play multiple seasons of franchise and want real college classes.

Because then you have to rely on them for more. You have to play the game the way they want you to....which is why they have regularly removed features for the last decade.

Explain that. Explain what the point is of removing create a player from franchise? Explain what the point is of removing customization of teams, players and stadiums? Explain why games 10 years older are more customizable than Madden is today? Explain why other sports titles allow you to customize rosters, players and even draft classes, but Madden gets a pass.

Explain that...without the same excuses that dont seem to hold anyone else back.

This is such a laughable argument.

Its the same reason they havent implemented a ton of features that would improve the game.

They cater to casual fans.....they ones they can trick into believing its a good football game.

And you really need to figure out what you are arguing here. I never claimed implementing that one feature would make them boatloads of more money, but it would absolutely improve the experience for a large group of their gamers.

Ill go with my theory being the real reason....with your theory being the cover excuse they use....just like their beloved "short development cycles" excuse.

EA is scared....got it.

As I said, just another excuse for them to cut corners.

The fact that they have been removing customization and popular features for the last decade, perhaps? Long before any of the NCAA stuff even happened.

For that reason alone, my theory holds up alot better than yours.
Other game companies havent been sued related to customization options...EA has. EA lost 100 of millions defending against those suits. Its that simple.

I dont know how familar you are with corporate america and how corporations typically respond to lawsuits. They typically dont respond with nuance. Its Board of Directors and shareholders dont look at a 100 million plus out the door for legal costs and respond "Sure we lost 100 million but lets keep aspects of the claim that caused this lawsuit in our games because technically no one has been sued yet."

The response is "lets make sure nothing like this happens again so lets take out those aspects from all of our games".

I'm not talking about nor do I give a **** about other customization options that have been removed for other reasons. I'm talking specifically about custom draft classes.

I actually confused you for SolidSquid (the person I originally responded to and who made the people wont by future games argument) but to your point....what do you consider a "large group of gamers"? Is it more than the number of casual fans? 20% of the buying public? 30%?

I'd argue that there are a small number of gamers who demand customizable draft classes. Why?

- Most people dont have the time or inclination to edit the names, likenesses and attributes for a pool of players.

- After the whole NCAA debacle, even if EA added the option to edit draft classes, they likely wouldnt add a share function. So it wont be like NBA2k where you can download draft classes with ease.

- The next gen systems make it extremely difficult to share files outside of the game so its not like someone could upload the file to a site like OS and have people download it.

Finally, how does it benefit EA to "control" how you play the game? There has to be a benefit, right? EA isnt just removing features for laughs. Thats why your theory doesnt make sense. Its based on the premise that big bad EA just wants to control the way you play.

The reasons for the other missing features imo is that they implemented things like CFM that are very limited in what can be added to them. Adding features like formation subs and editing ratings in CFM probably causes some bugs or glitches. It was bad planning and priorities by EA but not some quest for more control over how people play.

# 163 aholbert32 @ 05/29/15 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Yeah man but that's arguing reality vs what EA claims or is speculated to base their decisions on. What I mean is, custom draft classes may not hinder sales, they may increase them or whatever but that doesn't mean EA sees it that way for Madden. We have a whole decade of EA, other businesses as well but this a EA Madden forum, doing whatever with Madden for reasons that seem to defy common wisdom and what other games/companies have done.
Im old so forgive me for this question but didnt Madden 12 have custom draft classes? The reason I ask is Madden 13 was the first year of CFM and that is when custom draft classes disappeared.

In my opinion, its more likely that Looman when he designed CFM didnt see it as a priority (a mistake but one of many he made when creating this) and didnt implement it in the first version of CFM. Then the NCAA lawsuits happen and the whole company starts to move away from customizing likenesses especially college players.

# 164 CM Hooe @ 05/29/15 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Im old so forgive me for this question but didnt Madden 12 have custom draft classes? The reason I ask is Madden 13 was the first year of CFM and that is when custom draft classes disappeared.
Madden NFL has never had custom draft classes in the same vain as NBA 2K currently has.

On the previous two generations of console hardware, it had the draft class import feature leveraging NCAA Football, and people used that to roughly make custom draft classes, but it wasn't 1:1 editing and it required both games to effectively use.

# 165 aholbert32 @ 05/29/15 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
It's my understanding that M12 had imported draft classes from NCAA, not custom draft classes like in NBA2k.
Thanks. Have we ever been able to customize draft classes in Madden? This isnt a feature I've ever used so I dont know.

# 166 l8knight1 @ 05/29/15 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

In my opinion, its more likely that Looman when he designed CFM didnt see it as a priority (a mistake but one of many he made when creating this) and didnt implement it in the first version of CFM. Then the NCAA lawsuits happen and the whole company starts to move away from customizing likenesses especially college players.
It might be coincidental, but it likely had disappeared completely in 13 because they were in the middle of their NCAA lawsuit at that time. Did NCAA 13/14 have editable rosters/draft classes?

# 167 roadman @ 05/29/15 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
It might be coincidental, but it likely had disappeared completely in 13 because they were in the middle of their NCAA lawsuit at that time.
Also, I heard from Josh at the time that they tried to add customization draft classes from the old system, but it broke things coming over into CFM.

# 168 l8knight1 @ 05/29/15 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Also, I heard from Josh at the time that they tried to add customization draft classes from the old system, but it broke things coming over into CFM.
If that's true I'm optimistic for the future, but Ea has been sued by former NFL players for using likenesses too. That suit came from the releases of the game that included 'classic teams', because even though EA didn't use names or jersey numbers, they did use almost every other virtual likeness they could, height, weight, attributes, etc. I think there are still many legal questions with regards to 'likenesses' used in the game that are very grey. Right now, the only work around is create-a-player, and there is a limit as to how many players you can have in the entire player pool of the game.

# 169 CM Hooe @ 05/29/15 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
It might be coincidental, but it likely had disappeared completely in 13 because they were in the middle of their NCAA lawsuit at that time. Did NCAA 13/14 have editable rosters/draft classes?
NCAA Football 14 did have draft class export into Madden NFL 25.

Draft class export/import was not present in NCAA Football 13 and Madden NFL 13, however, due to the introduction of Connected Careers Mode.

# 170 SolidSquid @ 05/29/15 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
LOTS of talk about catering to the casual gamer for CFM.

Ugh

C
Terrible news imo. Coming from a guy who worked on the show wich does a good job catering to casual and sim players with options, I thought that would be the road we would be heading down. An authentic NFL franchise experience but it seems like the EA corporate culture has claimed another victim.

# 171 mestevo @ 05/29/15 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Terrible news imo. Coming from a guy who worked on the show wich does a good job catering to casual and sim players with options, I thought that would be the road we would be heading down. An authentic NFL franchise experience but it seems like the EA corporate culture has claimed another victim.
He has to start somewhere.

# 172 SolidSquid @ 05/29/15 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
He has to start somewhere.
I just fear that EA can bring in all the great Devs that we as gamers love and want developing our games, but then they are handcuffed by the suits and forced to implement what they see fit.

Look at mike wang leaving NBA 2k and working on Live for 2 years before jumping back to 2k.

# 173 mestevo @ 05/29/15 02:46 PM
Quote:
I just fear that EA can bring in all the great Devs that we as gamers love and want developing our games, but then they are handcuffed by the suits and forced to implement what they see fit.

Look at mike wang leaving NBA 2k and working on Live for 2 years before jumping back to 2k.
The 6 or so months they have to work on the game is likely much more restricting than executive interference. Looks like they got a ton done on the UX side, and being a tools administrator myself it's much easier to build on a cleaner platform rather than start with complexity and then wedge in usability.

# 174 aholbert32 @ 05/29/15 02:49 PM
Quote:

That seems to be more of an OS problem than a EA problem.

Take Mike Wang for example: When he left 2k, I heard EA herald him as step 1 in their quest to become more sim and more competitive. I rolled my eyes because I knew that wouldnt happen based on what I'd seen from the previous years, based on EA's primary goal (generate revenue) and based on their general preference to cater to casual fans.

Plenty of people at OS ignored that and expected Live to reach 2k levels of "sim". What happened? Mike did a lot of great things with Live 10 and EA immediately decided to unravel all of those things with NBA Elite.

My point is we cant have it both ways. We cant say "EA is all about marketing and they lie all the time. They say they want to be sim but they never take steps toward it" and then get mad at them when they do exactly what we expect.

The additions of Kolbe, Rex, Clint and others have (and I believe will) help this game. I enjoyed last year's game more than I have enjoyed Madden in years. But to expect this game to reach the levels of the Show just because they hired one man from the Show is a bit of a pipe dream.

Everything EA has showed us (not said) is that they are more interested in providing features for the casual fan. So believe them! Stop assuming that just because the make a staff addition or pledge to make this game sim that it will actually happen. Stop hoping for sim like improvements. Accept the game for what it is or move on.

Finally, I dont blame Kolbe or any of the staff for decisions they make because I get what happens in the corporate world. I work for a major cable company. If they asked me to work on a crappy show that I knew would fail...I would work on it because I have a wife and kid to support. No matter how bad the show was. So would most of you.

So I cant blame someone like Kolbe if the word from up above is "cater to the casual fans" and he does that to keep his job.

# 175 tleev13 @ 05/29/15 02:52 PM
I see a lot of people don't like the xp system I myself am not a fan of it but I think its an ugrade over the old system where they simply attached a letter grade to potential and that's as far as the player would progress regardless of how he performed on the field atleast with this system if you throw for 4500 yards and 40 tds and only 10 int's the player progresses accordingly now if you can think of a better system by all means im all ears but I simply want guys to progress based off of performance not some arbitrary letter grade that's handed out

# 176 aholbert32 @ 05/29/15 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel4Reel
Attitudes and mindsets like this are exactly why Madden is in the condition it is in today.
LOL. What has 10 years of complaining on this site or the EA forums done? How is Madden more sim? ****, I'd argue that do to social media, Youtube and the increase in internet accessibility the sim community has a bigger voice than ever.

I'd also argue that since Madden 12, this game has gotten less "sim". No formation subs, less customization, sliders that work less than they did before...I could go on and on.

So how is your current approach working? Other than having a place on the internet to vent about how evil EA is.

I'm not saying that you cant discuss what you want to see added. But to expect that they will be and getting disappointed makes no sense when you look at what EA has done in the past.

# 177 RandallB21 @ 05/29/15 03:03 PM
Still no formation subs??

# 178 aholbert32 @ 05/29/15 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallB21
Still no formation subs??
Nope and EA doesnt seem to think we need them.

# 179 cuttingteeth @ 05/29/15 03:23 PM
I'm about convinced that for us to ever have exactly what we want in a football game, it will have to be made by "The Mouse," if you know who I mean, as they own e$pn. When you own that kind of network with those kinds of folks who specifically are popular for something like Kiper or McShay are...that's when you'll get specifically in-the-game what they represent and such.

# 180 roadman @ 05/29/15 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
It all depends on what you want. I've "hung the noose" on Kolb taking the game in a direction that would interest me. CFM has gone even more arcade, stats/goal oriented and farther away from realistic. It's definitely not too premature to make a judgement on where he is headed with CFM.

A lot of people may like the direction and will now have more faith in Kolb. But not me. I hate the direction of CFM. But I somewhat expected I would, so it's not a shock. I greatly appreciate the info we get at OS. Now I know not to purchase.
Well, that was the only part you quoted.

My point was maybe he had to flush all the crap from the past before he starts laying layers with his vision. Hard to tell after 1 year. I know more about the direction after this year.

I know you are not a fan of xp and neither am I, I just don't think they will eliminate it in the near future.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.