Home
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR News Post

EA Sports has just posted Tour Pro Mode details for Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR. The first thing you need to do is select a bio, which creates a little back story about your created player. Below is the list of bios with descriptions of each.
  • Prodigy - Introduced to golf at the age of two, you showed very early promise in the sport, becoming known as a prodigy in the golf community. You are considered the most exciting young prospect in golf, and your sights are set on earning your tour card in 2015.
  • Collegiate - You've recently graduated college where you were a standout performer and led your team to a national championship. Satisfied with your accomplishments at the amateur level, your focus has shifted to earning your tour card for 2015.
  • Instructor - You dedicated your life to teaching the game of golf, becoming a PGA Professional 5 years ago. You've always competed in the local PGA competitions, but now your competitive itch has you wanting to really give it a shot at earning your tour card in 2015.
After that, you can customize your player appearance and set your sill attributes.

Below are some of the Tour Pro Mode details in Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR, click here to read the entire blog.

START YOUR CAREER
Tour Pro Mode begins in the last tournament on the Web.com Tour. Place high enough at TPC Sawgrass to graduate to the PGA TOUR and embark on a 15-year career

New this year is a feature called Quick Rounds, which allows players to complete a four-round tournament in the same amount of time as one 18-hole round.

Players can progress deeper in Career Mode in half the time, without compromising Skill Level or XP.

EARNING XP
Players earn XP throughout Tour Pro Mode, which increases golfer level and unlocks various gear, equipment, attribute upgrades and attribute bonuses.

Earn XP by finishing holes, making birdies, hitting shots using draw/fade, hitting greens and fairways in regulation, close approaches, etc.

ATTRIBUTE BONUSES
Attribute Bonuses are a new way to set your golfer’s strengths and weaknesses. Players select one Attribute Bonus (Balanced, Power, Precision, Finesse) and have the ability to unlock space for up to three more. With everything unlocked, there are thousands of combinations to choose from.

Skills can be set up to match a play style, or edited to give players the best chance on a particular course.

Distance bonuses may come in handy on a long, wide-open course, while accuracy and shot-shaping abilities will be beneficial on a tighter, more technical track.

CAREER PROGRESS
Shows current standings or skill level, and what unlockables are available at the next level.

TOUR PRO HUB
Once you’re finished here, you are taken to the Tour Pro hub, which is the hub for all things Tour Pro Mode.

Players can set up equipment, change outfits, edit skills and more.

Here’s a look at all the things possible in the Tour Pro Hub:

UPCOMING EVENTS
See what’s coming up next and head out to the course.

EQUIPMENT
Easily find and equip newly unlocked equipment, or optimize everything with the press of a button.

IN THE BAG
Fully customize your clubs and bag. Players now have a completely mixed bag of goodies, and are not restricted by club types. Want three drivers in the bag? Go for it. Fully customize your club head, shaft and grip.

OUTFITS
For the first time, players can set up different outfits to automatically rotate each round – Thursday through Sunday.

APPAREL
The most apparel ever, featuring more than 600 options to choose from.

ROUND TYPES
Choose from a traditional 18-hole experience, or focus on the most important holes with the all-new Quick Rounds feature.

CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
Highlights accomplishments throughout the mode, ranging from simply finishing tournaments to setting records and signing with sponsors.

Create a legacy in PGA TOUR Pro, and see what Golf Your Way is all about.

Game: Rory McIlroy PGA TOURReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 12 - View All
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Videos
Member Comments
# 41 HANDSWARD_EA @ 06/01/15 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Speaking of no hole to hole loads, can you divulge info on how that's going to be portrayed? Is it going to be just a blackout screen then next hole; or is there going to be a "cutscene" with the golfers abbreviatedly walking to the next tee, or what?
I don't really know if I am OK to tlak about this so I am going to refrain from answering. I will say that there is presentation that happens between holes, not just a black screen.

# 42 RIFRIG @ 06/01/15 03:14 PM
Justin

Wanted to know if the backswing meter (green spot) can be toggled off in a custom setting.

Are there any pre-shot camera settings that can be customised or do we toggle through the presets much like previous versions of the game.

# 43 HANDSWARD_EA @ 06/01/15 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIFRIG
Justin

Wanted to know if the backswing meter (green spot) can be toggled off in a custom setting.

Are there any pre-shot camera settings that can be customised or do we toggle through the presets much like previous versions of the game.
No, the backswing meter cannot be toggled off. It was a fairly late addition and we didn't have time to add a setting for it. It is definitely something I want to address in the future, perhaps in an early patch.

There are Address Camera options in Presentation Settings. The 4 options are: Low, Default, High and Top. When you set your address camera, you will always load into a new shot with that camera. You can then toggle to the other cameras at address using RB/R1.

# 44 jbd345 @ 06/01/15 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDSWARD_EA
I don't really know if I am OK to tlak about this so I am going to refrain from answering. I will say that there is presentation that happens between holes, not just a black screen.
That is awesome!! But what else could it be? Lol I kid I kid. I'm really looking forward to this game.

# 45 OnlookerDelay @ 06/01/15 04:06 PM
Quote:
No it is not from a reverse angle. Although I agree, that would be a cool throwback to the old Sega and SNES PGA TOUR games. I will keep that in mind for the future. Maybe call it "Reverse Pro" or something.
Thanks for answering... and please do keep it in mind for the future. If you get a chance to check out Perfect Golf on the PC, they have a reverse-angle camera that's pretty close to what I'm thinking about, although I think it cuts to the reverse-angle camera about 20% sooner into the flight than I wish it would. It also tends to lose the ball due to being obscured by bunker mounds and greenside objects, on occasion. In other cases, it miscalculates the ball's final resting place and has to pan 180 degrees and follow it to its finish further downstream.

# 46 RIFRIG @ 06/01/15 04:09 PM
Quote:
No, the backswing meter cannot be toggled off. It was a fairly late addition and we didn't have time to add a setting for it. It is definitely something I want to address in the future, perhaps in an early patch.

There are Address Camera options in Presentation Settings. The 4 options are: Low, Default, High and Top. When you set your address camera, you will always load into a new shot with that camera. You can then toggle to the other cameras at address using RB/R1.
Thanks for the info.......that toggle for the backswing meter would be a good option to have,I guess if you can make a change post release defaulting to 'off' in 'Tour' mode may be welcome.

# 47 BA2929 @ 06/05/15 05:03 PM
A 15 year career doesn't seem very long. Tiger Woods has been on the tour for 23 years. Nicklaus won championships spanning 24 years.

If you want to make an all-time great, 15 years is rather short.

# 48 jbd345 @ 06/05/15 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
A 15 year career doesn't seem very long. Tiger Woods has been on the tour for 23 years. Nicklaus won championships spanning 24 years.

Talk about nit picking

# 49 DivotMaker @ 06/05/15 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929

The average user struggles to finish 2-3 seasons, much less 15.....

# 50 ManiacMatt1782 @ 06/05/15 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
The average user struggles to finish 2-3 seasons, much less 15.....
Does that mean the diehard who might only play golf games should be restricted?

# 51 DivotMaker @ 06/05/15 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
Does that mean the diehard who might only play golf games should be restricted?
Not what I said. And I play primarily Golf games. I just think it nitpicking to complain about 15 seasons, especially a full PGA TOUR season.....and if you finish, you can always start another career....

# 52 hawley088 @ 06/05/15 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Talk about nit picking
you are on a forum where incorrect shoe laces is a game breaker what do you expect

# 53 DivotMaker @ 06/06/15 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley088
you are on a forum where incorrect shoe laces is a game breaker what do you expect
Well said....how silly of us....

# 54 watergoy @ 06/07/15 12:31 PM
This game is a day one purchase, even if Tigers Woods is in it.

# 55 Cvhsalumni @ 06/07/15 02:11 PM
Quote:
You can set the mode to Full Rounds if you like. Quick Rounds is just the default setting for the mode. The key to Quick Rounds is that it is a replacement for the 1, 2 and 3 round options for Tournaments in the mode. We felt those options weren't true to the PGA TOUR experience. We really wanted the authenticity of playing 4 rounds. Things like fighting to make the cut on a Friday, trying to move up the leaderboard on moving day, and the pressure of a final round were all lost with the shorter amount of rounds. Now, with all tournaments being 4 rounds, we can deliver that more authentic PGA TOUR experience.

That being said, most users don't want to play 4 full rounds (our telemetry showed that about 75% of users would play 1 round tournaments in prior career modes, 22% would play 4 rounds, and the other 3% would select 2 or 3 rounds). Quick Rounds still allows those users to progress through tournaments as fast as they used to with the 1 round setting(well, much faster with no hole to hole loads).
Is it possible to change this setting between tournaments? I could see myself wanting to play all 4 rounds of a major and certain tournaments, etc. and then using the quick round setting for other tournaments.

Can it be turned on and off during a career and in between tournaments?

# 56 Boss Rousseau @ 06/07/15 02:57 PM
Quote:
You can set the mode to Full Rounds if you like. Quick Rounds is just the default setting for the mode. The key to Quick Rounds is that it is a replacement for the 1, 2 and 3 round options for Tournaments in the mode. We felt those options weren't true to the PGA TOUR experience. We really wanted the authenticity of playing 4 rounds. Things like fighting to make the cut on a Friday, trying to move up the leaderboard on moving day, and the pressure of a final round were all lost with the shorter amount of rounds. Now, with all tournaments being 4 rounds, we can deliver that more authentic PGA TOUR experience.

That being said, most users don't want to play 4 full rounds (our telemetry showed that about 75% of users would play 1 round tournaments in prior career modes, 22% would play 4 rounds, and the other 3% would select 2 or 3 rounds). Quick Rounds still allows those users to progress through tournaments as fast as they used to with the 1 round setting(well, much faster with no hole to hole loads).
Thank you for the response, Now that you mention cuts I have another question...

I didn't see it mentioned much on these boards or anywhere really but the game had a cut bug for me. Sometimes the game would just blatantly have me miss the cut after 2 rounds even if I was ahead of the listed cut. I could sometimes be 4 or 5 strokes better than the cut and I would miss.

Also, with the rounds. I would play 4 rounds most tournaments but simmed some rounds here and there as I progressed in my career. It sounds as if simming is no longer an option?

# 57 OnlookerDelay @ 06/08/15 09:26 AM
Quote:
No it is not from a reverse angle. Although I agree, that would be a cool throwback to the old Sega and SNES PGA TOUR games. I will keep that in mind for the future. Maybe call it "Reverse Pro" or something.
Justin, do you have any say in getting a gameplay video posted that shows the Pro camera in action? I'd love to see what it looks like with the new game engine.

# 58 DivotMaker @ 06/08/15 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Justin, do you have any say in getting a gameplay video posted that shows the Pro camera in action? I'd love to see what it looks like with the new game engine.
Betting the answer from EA Sports Marketing is "no"....not at least until the reveal at E3 next Monday.....

# 59 HANDSWARD_EA @ 06/11/15 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvhsalumni
Is it possible to change this setting between tournaments? I could see myself wanting to play all 4 rounds of a major and certain tournaments, etc. and then using the quick round setting for other tournaments.

Can it be turned on and off during a career and in between tournaments?
Yes, you can toggle this setting to do just what you are saying.

# 60 HANDSWARD_EA @ 06/11/15 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Rousseau
Thank you for the response, Now that you mention cuts I have another question...

I didn't see it mentioned much on these boards or anywhere really but the game had a cut bug for me. Sometimes the game would just blatantly have me miss the cut after 2 rounds even if I was ahead of the listed cut. I could sometimes be 4 or 5 strokes better than the cut and I would miss.

Also, with the rounds. I would play 4 rounds most tournaments but simmed some rounds here and there as I progressed in my career. It sounds as if simming is no longer an option?
Simming takes place in quick rounds to fill in the holes you don't play. There is no sim available in full rounds. So if you reach a tournament that you don't want to play in its entirety then just switch over to quick rounds.

Also, I was never aware of a cut bug in the older games. (Not saying it didn't happen to you.) But there was no code brought over from the old games to create this game. It was built from scratch in an all new engine. So we shouldn't see any "legacy" bugs.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.