Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K Sports released a new episode of NBA 2KTV today, complete with some of the first details of this upcoming year's game. Here are some of the highlights:
  • There will be more retro/classic teams in this year's game. Three teams were revealed: '99-'00 Raptors, '07-08 Celtics, '00-'01 Lakers. Based off of Scott's response, more teams will be revealed at a later date.
  • Some new shoes have been confirmed for Dwyane Wade and Klay Thompson. They are currently trying to get BrandBlack and Jamal Crawford's shoe in the game. Shoes are getting 3D scanned, so they should look a lot more realistic this year.
  • Reshot all of the crowd animations this year. A lot more exciting and pumped up animations to take the atmosphere to the next level as well.
  • Mike Wang: Biggest and most challenging year with gameplay yet. They're working on something big, it'll make the game look significantly better than any game before it.

At the end of the Mike Wang segment of the 2K16 preview, he says two words which the editing cleverly covers up. The details in the video are certainly solid, but we're even more anxious now to hear what else the 2K crew has up their sleeve for this season.

Any guesses on the 'big thing' they're working on for this year?

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 midwestking100 @ 07/10/15 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyJr80
Has there been any updated info on other added classic teams for 2k16?
Nah not yet. Hopefully we will be receiving some news about more classics being added to 2k16 by the end of July or sometimes next month.

# 182 blues rocker @ 07/10/15 07:32 AM
the more classic teams the merrier. i love classic teams. i just wish you could use them in online quick matches.

# 183 Mintsa @ 07/10/15 09:38 AM
Even though the team I've been begging for forever (99-00 Raptors) has been announced as one of the new classic teams. I can't wait to hear who else has been added!

I'm fighting for you 93 suns and 2000 pacer fans !!!

# 184 2_headedmonster @ 08/05/15 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
OH the DISREPECT FROM ME OWN BREDREN!!!!

That engine was built specifically for this purpose. It did not exist before in 2k. It's not a sexy tech so I understand why marketing left it alone but there is no way that could be done to that scale on old gen. They run on completely different engines.

Each freelance can itself contain an unlimited number of actions. Where as your playbooks are limited to 50 per team You freelance actions have virtually no limit. The triangle alone has at least 50 scoring options depending on the ball location and the base set your in.

The next gen play engine allows branching on ever single pass if I so choose. No I don't always choose but...

So much more but I'll stop there. Good bye cruel world... #SimNation

On twitter I would expect to find such comments... but OS ????? ROTFLOL

All kidding aside I helped design this engine. It's beefy, capable and upgradeable.

Oh also not only are we the only game thus far with early offenses each freelance has it's own early offense system... Old gen.. PLUheeeze!
Clearly i didnt fully understand the depth of the systems. I made my comments from a face value p.o.v .ill have to dig deeper in 16.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.