Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K Sports released a new episode of NBA 2KTV today, complete with some of the first details of this upcoming year's game. Here are some of the highlights:
  • There will be more retro/classic teams in this year's game. Three teams were revealed: '99-'00 Raptors, '07-08 Celtics, '00-'01 Lakers. Based off of Scott's response, more teams will be revealed at a later date.
  • Some new shoes have been confirmed for Dwyane Wade and Klay Thompson. They are currently trying to get BrandBlack and Jamal Crawford's shoe in the game. Shoes are getting 3D scanned, so they should look a lot more realistic this year.
  • Reshot all of the crowd animations this year. A lot more exciting and pumped up animations to take the atmosphere to the next level as well.
  • Mike Wang: Biggest and most challenging year with gameplay yet. They're working on something big, it'll make the game look significantly better than any game before it.

At the end of the Mike Wang segment of the 2K16 preview, he says two words which the editing cleverly covers up. The details in the video are certainly solid, but we're even more anxious now to hear what else the 2K crew has up their sleeve for this season.

Any guesses on the 'big thing' they're working on for this year?

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 BluFu @ 05/30/15 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Id caution you guys to stop telling physics then get mad at 2k if its not when no one said that.

Just wait and see....because we dont need embellishments turning into nore complaining
Was thinking the same thing... I don't expect them to take that big of a step next iteration.

# 62 teebee @ 05/30/15 02:16 PM
How about they remove the user name under each player and let you see who you are actually controlling? At least give us the option, its impossible to play with the Euro or Classic teams otherwise!

I dont care that BallsDeep44 is the guy i'm playing, i wanna know the player and which ones i need to guard or sag off on D.

# 63 Gosens6 @ 05/30/15 02:25 PM
I wouldn't be mad or disappointed if the big gameplay news isn't physics. Just pure what if on my part

# 64 Mintsa @ 05/30/15 02:28 PM
Hold on......I don't come on the forum for a day and 2k released the one bit of info that I've been harping on them forever !!!!!!!!

The 99-00 raptors made the cut !!!!

My greatest/ favorite raptors team of all time !!

Greatest videogame news I've ever heard !!!!!

Serious note: anyone from the 2k team, feel free to contact me via pm. I have vast knowledge of the raptors ESPECIALLY that era and that raptors team. I can help out with any accuracy questions you may have. I already know a few things that will be wrong if you carry over some of the current throwback stuff. Mike, Sim, Bward. I can help with this PM if you'd like!!

# 65 RyanLaFalce @ 05/30/15 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Hold on......I don't come on the forum for a day and 2k released the one bit of info that I've been harping on them forever !!!!!!!!

The 99-00 raptors made the cut !!!!

My greatest/ favorite raptors team of all time !!

Greatest videogame news I've ever heard !!!!!

Serious note: anyone from the 2k team, feel free to contact me via pm. I have vast knowledge of the raptors ESPECIALLY that era and that raptors team. I can help out with any accuracy questions you may have. I already know a few things that will be wrong if you carry over some of the current throwback stuff. Mike, Sim, Bward. I can help with this PM if you'd like!!
How did they make it work with T-Mac and Vince that year? Aren't they both SG's? I mean, if needed I'd put Carter at SF.

# 66 Mintsa @ 05/30/15 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce
How did they make it work with T-Mac and Vince that year? Aren't they both SG's? I mean, if needed I'd put Carter at SF.

Great question.

TMac actually came off the bench that season. Vince actually played the 3 in his first few years in the NBA. They'd even slide Doug Christie over to the point as well late in the season and even in game 3 against the Knicks in the playoffs.

TMac would also bring the ball up when he'd be on the floor with vince.
TMac would rarely start on that team.

Great question.....

# 67 RyanLaFalce @ 05/30/15 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Great question.

TMac actually came off the bench that season. Vince actually played the 3 in his first few years in the NBA. They'd even slide Doug Christie over to the point as well late in the season and even in game 3 against the Knicks in the playoffs.

TMac would also bring the ball up when he'd be on the floor with vince.
TMac would rarely start on that team.

Great question.....
If I needed to play and win one game (basically playing a friend online), I'd start them both. If I don't get good results the first game or 2, I'll have T-Mac come off the bench.

# 68 MoneyOvaHuds @ 05/30/15 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
I think the arm sleeves look ok as they are now. They should be skin-tight. And they also show a few wrinkles/creases. I don't want them to mess with it and end up making them look like casts.

Yea I think he's confusing 2k with Madden lol

# 69 AmGroot @ 05/30/15 03:21 PM
Everyone is forgetting about the best part of all this news:
THE WHITE MAMBA MIGHT FINALLY BE BACK!

# 70 Mintsa @ 05/30/15 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce
If I needed to play and win one game (basically playing a friend online), I'd start them both. If I don't get good results the first game or 2, I'll have T-Mac come off the bench.
Dee Brown also mainly started at point. Not muggsy like many people think.

# 71 georgiafan @ 05/30/15 05:29 PM
The 99 raptors at first glance caught me by surprise but when I started thinking more about it will be a very interesting and fun team to play with. They will go under the radar compared to the other classic teams bc they didn't have a deep playoff run and don't have as many stars as other teams. But Vince and tmac like someone else said is what video game basketball is all about espically Vince.

On top of that they have a trio of veteran tough big men in Kevin Willis, Antonio Davis and Charles Oakley. Then you have dell curry for shooting 3's, former slam dunk champ dee brown and the shortest player ever mugsy.

I think it would be fun to put them in today's nba and see how they stack up and if you can make a dynasty out of them. Also they have cool uniforms

# 72 Xuriath @ 05/30/15 06:22 PM
I won't be excited until they announce the fixing of psychic defenses. Tired of the defense knowing every pass I wanna make before I do.

# 73 23 @ 05/30/15 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
I wouldn't be mad or disappointed if the big gameplay news isn't physics. Just pure what if on my part

That's how it always gets started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuriath
I won't be excited until they announce the fixing of psychic defenses. Tired of the defense knowing every pass I wanna make before I do.

This here has NOTHING to do with the topic at hand. Please speak on the topic or why bother posting in the thread

# 74 midwestking100 @ 05/30/15 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by droyjul

2K Sports released a new episode of NBA 2KTV today, complete with some of the first details of this upcoming year's game. Here are some of the highlights:[list][*]There will be more retro/classic teams in this year's game. Three teams were revealed: '99-'00 Raptors, '07-08 Celtics, '00-'01 Lakers. Based off of Scott's response, more teams will be revealed at a later date.
HALLELULAH!!!!!!!!!!. And I just watched this episode this morning. Really brought a HUGE smile to my face.

Now I hope the '93-94 Seattle Supersonics (Reignman and GP on the rise) will make this list and all the other teams that we thought of this past summer according to this thread below :

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...eady-game.html

But nonetheless the '99-00 Toronto Raptors, '07-08 Boston Celtics and 00-01 Los Angeles Lakers is a start. Thank you so much 2k for listening to us. And a big thank you to DA_CZAR for pushing them to add more classic teams since we have been praying for them to do so from the start. I really appreciate your effort. Keep it up!

# 75 DJ @ 05/30/15 06:59 PM
More classic teams is great and I'm happy with the teams that have been announced so far. I have no doubt 2K16 is going to be a great game; 2K15 is pretty much the only game I play these days.

# 76 midwestking100 @ 05/30/15 07:24 PM
The first thing that came to my mind about more classics is this theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pnl1ulaG5k

# 77 Kashanova @ 05/30/15 08:12 PM
I'm extremely excited to play with Pre-Prime Tmac and Prime VC.

# 78 ZB9 @ 05/30/15 09:00 PM
It's great that they are adding more classic teams. I just hope that we will be able to play against other classic teams online in ranked matches.

# 79 youvalss @ 05/30/15 09:27 PM
Doesn't really reveal much, other than a couple little nuggets.

On a side note: Scott OG's office...he's really with his back to the wall...(reminds me of Ryan Howard's office after he made Jim angry). I guess that's why he always thinks outside of the box...

2 words: Bigger office.

# 80 ironjumpman_23 @ 05/30/15 09:40 PM
Well more classic teams are always welcomed I would love to see a classic Pacers and Suns join the group but it's doubtful, more realistic looking accessories and I feel that shoes being scanned are great but they also need to be fully customizable..it adds more and will be more true to the game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.