Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K Sports released a new episode of NBA 2KTV today, complete with some of the first details of this upcoming year's game. Here are some of the highlights:
  • There will be more retro/classic teams in this year's game. Three teams were revealed: '99-'00 Raptors, '07-08 Celtics, '00-'01 Lakers. Based off of Scott's response, more teams will be revealed at a later date.
  • Some new shoes have been confirmed for Dwyane Wade and Klay Thompson. They are currently trying to get BrandBlack and Jamal Crawford's shoe in the game. Shoes are getting 3D scanned, so they should look a lot more realistic this year.
  • Reshot all of the crowd animations this year. A lot more exciting and pumped up animations to take the atmosphere to the next level as well.
  • Mike Wang: Biggest and most challenging year with gameplay yet. They're working on something big, it'll make the game look significantly better than any game before it.

At the end of the Mike Wang segment of the 2K16 preview, he says two words which the editing cleverly covers up. The details in the video are certainly solid, but we're even more anxious now to hear what else the 2K crew has up their sleeve for this season.

Any guesses on the 'big thing' they're working on for this year?

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 2_headedmonster @ 06/01/15 12:09 PM
Two words: valar morghulis

# 122 cthurt @ 06/01/15 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Hopefully they improve the lighting in the game like Live has.
This is big for me, I know most gamers say 2k is a great looking game but if the lighting was on point this game can really look amazing personally I liked the lighting better in 2k14 compared to 15, but even 14 needed work.

They also need to match NBA Lives court replication. 2k court colors have been off for years now and it seems to get worse every year for some teams.

# 123 2_headedmonster @ 06/01/15 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
This is big for me, I know most gamers say 2k is a great looking game but if the lighting was on point this game can really look amazing personally I liked the lighting better in 2k14 compared to 15, but even 14 needed work.

They also need to match NBA Lives court replication. 2k court colors have been off for years now and it seems to get worse every year for some teams.
2k14 looked better than 2k15 in everyway except faces.

But thats the pattern 2k follows. First game of a new gen is usually eye candy and each iteration after that decreases in graphics as the animation count rises.

# 124 I Djm @ 06/01/15 02:48 PM
Annual hype train all aboard 😔

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

# 125 I Djm @ 06/01/15 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyp1223
I just want alternate uniforms in my career.
We could get rich betting they wouldnt add em

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

# 126 BA2929 @ 06/01/15 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt2134
2001 Blazers?
97-98 Pacers or give me death! (jk death is a little excessive)

I want to drain 3's with Reggie and The Mayor and throw down some smooth one-handed jams with The Dunking Dutchman.

The more 80s/90s teams the better.

Actually, just make me an "80s/90s teams only" NBA 2k game and put the current teams as "classic" teams. I'd be happy with that.

# 127 cthurt @ 06/01/15 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
2k14 looked better than 2k15 in everyway except faces.

But thats the pattern 2k follows. First game of a new gen is usually eye candy and each iteration after that decreases in graphics as the animation count rises.
This is true, but I was hoping for a different outcome with the more powerful systems but so far its looking like the same old routine. Still hoping for the best this year everything needs to look better not just the faces.

# 128 Don Figures @ 06/01/15 05:59 PM
I hope they put the online associations back for 2k16 so our former league players can get it going again. Playing pickup games in the lobby is no fun and extreme cheese ball!

# 129 youvalss @ 06/01/15 07:20 PM
I thought they gave up on Ecomotion. Was it in 2K15?

# 130 stillfeelme @ 06/01/15 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I thought they gave up on Ecomotion. Was it in 2K15?
I am not sure I just ran with a catchy name. I really think the big announcement really has to do with animations though definitely something really signature.

Now I didn't say this before but what if they are actually trying to incorporate some animations that go along with personality badges or cold and hot streaks. I might be reaching but when I think about the animations, players are amped and animated when doing something big but I can't really say I can really notice when players are down having a bad game.

# 131 Losethenbalicense @ 06/02/15 05:29 AM
Connected MyCareer

......maybe

# 132 BezO @ 06/02/15 09:54 AM
I'm guessing quicker off-ball animations are involved. I think I remember Czar responding to a related question last year, mentioning how challenging it was to speed up the off-ball animations. And I can see them focusing on this with the year Curry & The Worriors had.

I also think we can count on more teams with their actual offensive sets. Improved AI within that?

I can't think of anything that would improve the look of the game more than the combination of those 2 things. RTP would be nice, but wouldn't have as much impact without realistic off-ball movement to accompany it.

I'm excited.

# 133 midwestking100 @ 06/02/15 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Especially the classic courts. For example the chicago stadium out of bounds, inside paint colors (dark red) and halfcourt line are correct , but the bulls logo color in the center ,outside of the free throw paint (dark red is the correct color) and the circle around the bull logo (black is the correct color) are incorrect.

That's why I pray they will give us the power to edit these mistakes ourselves. Such as this thread that someone created this past summer below:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ersion-me.html

Or hire some people from NLSC to correct these attention to detail issues.

# 134 midwestking100 @ 06/02/15 10:23 AM
I just want these nba courts past and present to look more accurate than ever in 2k16

# 135 midwestking100 @ 06/02/15 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Here's hoping for more, preferably, 90's teams!!
Yessssssssss! especially teams from this thread below:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...eady-game.html

# 136 videlsports @ 06/02/15 06:54 PM
The NBA's minor league teams. Animations announcement would be Physics.

# 137 Junior Moe @ 06/02/15 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xman2k
Ps4 classic teams and legends don't look nor feel right. I wish they would put more effort into it, as I'm still going back to last gen for them as they looked and felt waay better
The classic players can be touched up, for sure. But I think what we have now is as good as it'll get without the headscans. And that is just unlikely. Look at D Will. They did the decent job but you can tell he wasn't scanned. I think that an era appropriate filter would suffice because 1) it'll add authenticity, and 2) it can help hide some graphical defects. Anyway, I wouldn't mind running with that old Baron Davis Warriors squad.

# 138 mrclutch @ 06/03/15 01:29 AM
I was surprised to hear they added any more classic teams. Glad they are keeping that part of the game alive.

# 139 midwestking100 @ 06/03/15 11:47 AM
Cant wait to find out what other classics will be in nba 2k16. Im still hype 2k is still showing classics love.

# 140 24ct @ 06/03/15 02:24 PM
If it aint physics I don't wanna hear it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.