Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K Sports released a new episode of NBA 2KTV today, complete with some of the first details of this upcoming year's game. Here are some of the highlights:
  • There will be more retro/classic teams in this year's game. Three teams were revealed: '99-'00 Raptors, '07-08 Celtics, '00-'01 Lakers. Based off of Scott's response, more teams will be revealed at a later date.
  • Some new shoes have been confirmed for Dwyane Wade and Klay Thompson. They are currently trying to get BrandBlack and Jamal Crawford's shoe in the game. Shoes are getting 3D scanned, so they should look a lot more realistic this year.
  • Reshot all of the crowd animations this year. A lot more exciting and pumped up animations to take the atmosphere to the next level as well.
  • Mike Wang: Biggest and most challenging year with gameplay yet. They're working on something big, it'll make the game look significantly better than any game before it.

At the end of the Mike Wang segment of the 2K16 preview, he says two words which the editing cleverly covers up. The details in the video are certainly solid, but we're even more anxious now to hear what else the 2K crew has up their sleeve for this season.

Any guesses on the 'big thing' they're working on for this year?

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 kevin young @ 06/07/15 07:36 PM
I just hope they,do a better job with the faces and bodies of classic players!!!last year iverson no tatts,jordan not exactly jordan!!!!!kobe looking like the 36 year old kobe!!! i can't tweet ronnie 2k so someone pas it on for me please!!!!!!!

# 142 zcghxh @ 06/08/15 04:42 AM
Fantastic episode to all of you in the video, Rob, OG, Rachel Mike, etc..

# 143 VDusen04 @ 06/08/15 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin young
I just hope they,do a better job with the faces and bodies of classic players!!!last year iverson no tatts,jordan not exactly jordan!!!!!kobe looking like the 36 year old kobe!!! i can't tweet ronnie 2k so someone pas it on for me please!!!!!!!
That's a good point, actually. I understand facial scanning is next level and can't be done with legends, but it'd be nice for classic player's faces to at least approach previous gen territory.

How'd we go from this:

to this (yes, this is still Bill Russell):

# 144 23 @ 06/08/15 11:38 AM
Before reading your post I thought that was Robert Parish

Come on art team

# 145 midwestking100 @ 06/08/15 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
That's a good point, actually. I understand facial scanning is next level and can't be done with legends, but it'd be nice for classic player's faces to at least approach previous gen territory.

How'd we go from this:

lmao this is not good smh. Hakeem Olajuwon, Patrick Ewing, Magic Johnson (head is way to big),etc doesn't reflect their real life counterparts as well

# 146 midwestking100 @ 06/08/15 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Before reading your post I thought that was Robert Parish

Come on art team
I am praying 2k will hire guys from NLSC to do their art instead. Those guys has a true passion for their craft. At least they know how to make guys look accurate.

# 147 King_B_Mack @ 06/08/15 10:14 PM
I'm still sitting here waiting for the Clippers court art to get updated from two years ago.

Like, they literally changed the court before the start of the season LAST season, old gen 2K didn't have it at launch, but eventually updated it along with the Mavs court and a few others with the changes. Then next gen launched and we NEVER got the updated courts for 2K14 next gen. Fast forward to 2K15 and we STILL don't have the Clippers' court art even though the Mavs and the others are in. How does that happen?

# 148 AceDawg5 @ 06/09/15 08:58 AM
2 words "VC eradicated" am I right? Lol but seriously nice always wanted to see old school Vince on next gen, and also prime Kobe. The classic teams definitely need an art overhaul tho. I literally tried playing with Iverson 5 times and had to quit every game. How can u ruin your 1st cover athlete that bad? If they do it right this time maybe I can give the classic teams some run.

The crowd in 2k15 took a step forward as far as appearance, but the audio has got to be improved. There were times I'd hit a big shot and get the "camera shaking" animation with not 1 person in the crowd actually cheering. And late game situations would go dead silent for no reason. Immersion killer for sure.

I'm a sneaker head and definitely hard to please when it comes to the multiple inaccuracies since the inception of the shoe creator. Retro Js cannot have all these randomly linked parts, just once I wanna make some accurate Jordan 1 Banned editions. Come on 2k, hook me up! #HypeTrain

# 149 Goffs @ 06/09/15 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04

How'd we go from this:

Would be nice to give the legends some love....

# 150 irvgotti83 @ 06/09/15 03:15 PM
Yeah lets make sure Vince Carter doesnt have that beard on the retro Raptors

# 151 daveberg @ 06/11/15 05:44 AM
Agreed. Legends need some SERIOUS overhauling. If the modded UBR can have incredible looking retro players, then what's 2k's excuse?

# 152 midwestking100 @ 06/20/15 05:48 PM
I wonder when are we going to hear some more news in regards to new classics being added to nba 2k16? Patiently waiting

# 153 midwestking100 @ 06/20/15 11:31 PM
Hope to hear some more news soon

# 154 countryboy @ 06/21/15 12:27 PM
Are they doing a community day again this year?

# 155 snocone @ 06/21/15 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Are they doing a community day again this year?
It wasn't until something like august or september last year, so I can't imagine we'll hear any news on it soon

# 156 2_headedmonster @ 06/21/15 11:40 PM
2k is over due for an impressive tech improvement. I cant think of anything gameplay-wise that could only be done on this gen vs the last.

Think about it. People give madden hell for not improving enough, but looking at M16's gang tackles i can honestly say " i dont think a ps3 could pull that off" . I cant think of anything on 2k i can say that about with confidence (branching plays maybe?).

It's time for a leap.

# 157 23 @ 06/22/15 12:16 AM
So you didnt think freestyle offeses were impressive?

Show me another game that ever came close to that.

# 158 2_headedmonster @ 06/22/15 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
So you didnt think freestyle offeses were impressive?

Show me another game that ever came close to that.
the 2-3, swing motion, triangle etc? those are impressive, but nothing i can look at and say "from a tech standpoint, that could only be done on this generation of console".

# 159 23 @ 06/22/15 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
the 2-3, swing motion, triangle etc? those are impressive, but nothing i can look at and say "from a tech standpoint, that could only be done on this generation of console".
It wasnt that's the point. Nowhere near in sight

I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for to be honest.

I'm all for bball getting all the attention but what exactly are you getting at

# 160 hesko @ 06/22/15 08:26 AM
well i think we shouldnt see outdated useless animations from "last gen" on these "new gen consoles. the things exposed in that 2k15 in real life video is proof enough to me that its time for a leap. why have the power to do more and not use it to do just that?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.