Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports is bringing back the EA Trax soundtrack for Madden NFL 16 and have scheduled to reveal the full list of artists and acts later this summer. They have also teamed up with Spotify, offering a new Madden NFL channel, which kicked off today, featuring songs from previous editions of the Madden NFL franchise. The Spotify playlist is scheduled to be updated when Madden NFL 16 releases on August 25th and will continually be updated throughout the NFL season on "Madden Music Mondays".

Read the official press release below.

EA TRAX MAKES TRIUMPHANT RETURN TO MADDEN NFL FRANCHISE

Madden NFL 16 Gets Soundtrack Comprised of the Coming Season’s Hottest New Music and Teams with Spotify for New Channel

Today EA SPORTS revealed that Madden NFL 16 will celebrate the return of its legendary EA Trax soundtrack, recognized as the industry’s foremost showcase for introducing new music. This year’s game will feature a soundtrack from a multi-genre roster of soon-to-be- breakthrough artists and superstar acts, with the full list to be revealed this summer.

“Our Madden NFL soundtracks have changed the cultures of both gaming and music,” said Steve Schnur, Worldwide Executive of Music and Marketing for EA. “They’ve given unparalleled exposure to new artists, and brought Platinum acts to all-new levels. EA Trax is proud to be delivering a new soundtrack complete with national announcement events, and we look forward to once again moving music forward for millions of gamers and fans.”

For more than a decade, the Madden NFL soundtrack helped launch artists that have included Good Charlotte, Fallout Boy, Tyga, Bullet For My Valentine, OK Go, Franz Ferdinand, Yellowcard, Dashboard Confessional, Jet, Swizz Beats, K’naan, Ozomatli and 30 Seconds To Mars, and introduced new music from superstars such as Green Day, Outkast, blink-182, Bon Jovi, Ozzy Osbourne, Outkast, Linkin Park, Faith No More, The Roots, Foo Fighters and Justin Timberlake. The unprecedented hit-making impact of the soundtracks has led fans, gamers and the music industry to enthusiastically label the annual collections, ‘Madden Music’.

In addition to the new soundtrack, EA SPORTS is teaming up with Spotify to offer a new Madden NFL channel on the streaming music network. Launching today, the channel currently features some of the greatest songs from the previous editions of the Madden NFL franchise, letting fans relive their favorite songs of games gone by. When Madden NFL 16 launches on August 25 the Spotify Playlist will be updated with the full game soundtrack, and throughout the NFL season music-lovers can come back every week on “Madden Music Mondays” for fresh songs and artists, as well as special themed playlists.

As a GameStop pre-order exclusive, Madden NFL 16 is joining with Live Nation to give fans $15 worth of Live Nation Concert Cash®, which can be used toward tickets for select Live Nation concerts in the U.S. or artist merchandise from the Musictoday online store. This GameStop exclusive is granted in addition to the $15 of Madden Ultimate Team content players will already receive for pre-ordering the game.

Madden NFL 16 is developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon and will be available for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® games and entertainment system and the PlayStation®3 entertainment system on August 25, 2015. To learn more about Madden NFL 16, visit http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl.

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 CM Hooe @ 06/04/15 12:58 PM
Only EA Sports can announce a soundtrack for a video game without actually announcing the soundtrack.

I do appreciate the new Spotify playlist they've created with all the previous Madden NFL soundtrack songs, however.

# 2 oneamongthefence @ 06/04/15 01:14 PM
Called it first. Haha but I can't wait to see what's on it. Hopefully it'll be a good mix and plenty of songs.

# 3 jpdavis82 @ 06/04/15 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Called it first. Haha but I can't wait to see what's on it. Hopefully it'll be a good mix and plenty of songs.
There's 179 songs from previous Maddens, new soundtrack hasn't been announced though.

# 4 econoodle @ 06/04/15 01:18 PM
A little confused as to how this works.

In the main menu of madden you can select the playlist and have it play while doing stuff in menus? so say you wanted to use spotify for the nfl films music, will it stop when you enter a game or play continuously.

All this streaming/current gen stuff is a bit alien to me.

# 5 cthurt @ 06/04/15 01:29 PM
I'm confused about the old madden tracks part, can I listen to them while i'm playing Madden 16 or is that something I have to listen to on my computer?

# 6 4thQtrStre5S @ 06/04/15 01:36 PM
I always deselected all the music from all past Maddens, and I turn the volume off on the current Madden audio setups....

I'll keep my fingers crossed for good news on gameplay later this month.

# 7 Hector187 @ 06/04/15 01:42 PM
Nice, hopefully they put a good selection on there. No matter what songs they put they'll get burnt into my head I'm sure lol

# 8 Datninja619 @ 06/04/15 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom zoom
I have always hated the inclusion of so much music that got in the game because EA can get paid by record labels and such. There was never any sense that the music made real sense.

I'm ready for Microsoft, Sony, and game makers to start letting us rip out own music and use that in games. I have no idea why that ceased to be a thing.

But yeah, I turn off menu music all of the time.
An alternative to listen to your own music is to snap the internet. I've done that with Songza, but should try with Google Music when I get home.

Also Xbox Music was introduced. I'm sure that's the more lucrative path for Microsoft.

# 9 elgreazy1 @ 06/04/15 02:16 PM
I can't knock EA Trax, it's helped me discover many new bands, although I wish this was an actual in-game implementation as opposed to a just a promotional thing.

# 10 DeuceDouglas @ 06/04/15 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEgend
The Spotify "Madden Playlist" isn't implemented into the actual game of Madden 16. It's just a Spotify playlist of all the Madden series menu music. EA has yet to release the menu track list for Madden 16.
It's a real shame to because it'd be a nice bit of nostalgia to have a lot of those old songs in the game, especially the Xbox/PS2 era songs. Hopefully they'll have a lot of songs. I'm still playing MVP 2005 and even though the soundtrack is pretty good, there is only like nine songs which makes them even more repetitive. I'd assume the song used in the trailer will be in.

# 11 MajorSupreme @ 06/04/15 02:20 PM
Man, it felt like there was always at least one song from Yellowcard in Maddens 04-08, those guys were great.

# 12 talucchesi @ 06/04/15 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
Man, it felt like there was always at least one song from Yellowcard in Maddens 04-08, those guys were great.
Still are

# 13 CM Hooe @ 06/04/15 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
Slightly OT - they're still around, and their 2012 album Southern Air I thought was some of their best work to-date.

Unfortunately, their longtime drummer and for my money the most talented member of the group, Longineu Parsons III, left the band after the touring for that album. Consequently, their latest album, 2014's Lift A Sail, went in a different sonic direction than the pop-punk they've been known for for the past decade.

I'm glad I got to see them play a show live during the Southern Air touring, they were phenomenal to hear in person.

# 14 MajorSupreme @ 06/04/15 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Slightly OT - they're still around, and their 2012 album Southern Air I thought was some of their best work to-date.

Unfortunately, their longtime drummer and for my money the most talented member of the group, Longineu Parsons III, left the band after the touring for that album. Consequently, their latest album, 2014's Lift A Sail, went in a different sonic direction than the pop-punk they've been known for for the past decade.

I'm glad I got to see them play a show live during the Southern Air touring, they were phenomenal to hear in person.
Lucky. I'd love to see them live.

# 15 mjavon @ 06/04/15 02:46 PM
Glad to see EA trax make it back. Songs were hit and miss, but I remember discovering a handful of good songs/artists through Madden back in the day.

Not sure how much it'll matter though, since you can play Spotify over your in-game sounds now. Nonetheless, it's a welcome alternative for me.

# 16 redsox4evur @ 06/04/15 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom zoom
I have always hated the inclusion of so much music that got in the game because EA can get paid by record labels and such. There was never any sense that the music made real sense.

I'm ready for Microsoft, Sony, and game makers to start letting us rip out own music and use that in games. I have no idea why that ceased to be a thing.

But yeah, I turn off menu music all of the time.
I think it's the other way around. I think EA has to pay the record companies to use these songs in their games. But I could be wrong.

# 17 mestevo @ 06/04/15 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
I can't knock EA Trax, it's helped me discover many new bands, although I wish this was an actual in-game implementation as opposed to a just a promotional thing.
Agreed, though on PS4 you can listen to Spotify while playing a game, so there's that.

Outside of that though, this is just branding for a Spotify playlist and a cross-promotional deal.

# 18 l8knight1 @ 06/04/15 02:58 PM
OMG, E3 will never get here.

# 19 rkocjay @ 06/04/15 03:09 PM
i think this is cool good thing i have spotify

# 20 snc237 @ 06/04/15 03:23 PM
Finally! Now I know all the music isn't great but anythin beats what we have had the last 3 years.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.