Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Spike Lee is going to take NBA 2K16 to another level with his inclusion in the game’s MyCareer story mode. Story is everything, after all.

My Career is going to follow the world of your player (Ronnie 2K has confirmed “Frequent Vibrations” is not your only option) as he continues his hoops journey in high school. That sounds great, but what’s the real underlying question here? NBA rules state that a player cannot jump straight to the pros.

All three of the covers released for 2K16 feature the star from their college days: Steph Curry at Davidson, Anthony Davis at Kentucky and James Harden at Arizona State. Could college hoops, after eight years and one console generation, be returning to the PlayStation and Xbox?

There’s also the potential of walking in Emmanuel Mudiay’s footsteps, and playing overseas after high school.

Either way, with the option to play overseas or choosing the length of your college career, simulation would be taken to the next step for sure. And Spike Lee is definitely the kind of guy that could make this happen.

Here’s to College Hoops. I hope.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 BA2929 @ 07/21/15 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I agree that it's a step in the right direction and I glad that colleges will be back in at least some form. With that said, I'd be lying if this doesn't scare the hell out of me. Some of my favorite features and games have been yanked away from me in the past due to legal issues... And if this somehow backfires and we lose created draft classes I'm going to have a come apart.
I don't think you have anything to worry about. Created draft classes are just that: user created. There's no way anyone can sue 2k for something a user created. That's like Joel Embiid suing 2k after he created himself in the game while he was at KU.

# 102 King_B_Mack @ 07/21/15 11:56 PM
Just want to point out that it is 11 teams confirmed through those CLC listings. I wouldn't expect 2K or any company for that matter that was going through the process of doing this to include an uneven number of teams though. Just seems like it would make sense to go with an even number. So with Davidson being on Steph's cover, seems they would be the 12th team to even those numbers out. Taking a closer look at the Anthony Davis cover now, seems like Kentucky is indeed a no go for the game.

Photo of Anthony Davis cutting down the net after the Kentucky National Championship victory. Notice the "2012 NCAA Men's" wording just above the "National Champions" wording. Now notice the University of Kentucky logo just above that.

Now observe the same spots on the shirt. Missing a few things right? Would line up with the missing North Carolina stuff on the MJ cover and the lack of licensing on CLC too. Thanks for the high-res image Steve!!

EDIT: Just caught the missing NCAA Basketball wording on the ladder in the 2K cover as well. Pictures really are worth a thousand words.

# 103 JJFurr29 @ 07/22/15 12:09 AM
I don't think they'd just have those 10-11 schools unless you had the option to create the school you wanna go to if not one of them. Seems extremely limited to have just 10 out of about 350ish none of which include Duke, UK or Unc

# 104 lakers24 @ 07/22/15 12:32 AM
I was only expecting maybe a fictional final four with created schools like the HS playoffs in NCAA Football so i'll take this. Also, I'm confused as to who would think this would be fully in any other mode besides MyCareer as that is where this makes the most sense. I understand people want what we used to have in a college game and then have guys go into the draft from there, but how and why would you have a fully fleshed out college season with only 10 schools?

# 105 23 @ 07/22/15 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
I was only expecting maybe a fictional final four with created schools like the HS playoffs in NCAA Football so i'll take this. Also, I'm confused as to who would think this would be fully in any other mode besides MyCareer as that is where this makes the most sense. I understand people want what we used to have in a college game and then have guys go into the draft from there, but how and why would you have a fully fleshed out college season with only 10 schools?
Makes sense to me too for My League

# 106 Wildcats302 @ 07/22/15 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Just want to point out that it is 11 teams confirmed through those CLC listings. I wouldn't expect 2K or any company for that matter that was going through the process of doing this to include an uneven number of teams though. Just seems like it would make sense to go with an even number. So with Davidson being on Steph's cover, seems they would be the 12th team to even those numbers out. Taking a closer look at the Anthony Davis cover now, seems like Kentucky is indeed a no go for the game.

Photo of Anthony Davis cutting down the net after the Kentucky National Championship victory. Notice the "2012 NCAA Men's" wording just above the "National Champions" wording. Now notice the University of Kentucky logo just above that.

Now observe the same spots on the shirt. Missing a few things right? Would line up with the missing North Carolina stuff on the MJ cover and the lack of licensing on CLC too. Thanks for the high-res image Steve!!

EDIT: Just caught the missing NCAA Basketball wording on the ladder in the 2K cover as well. Pictures really are worth a thousand words.
That's a very good find. Stinks that UK is not in the game...I've never tried MyPlayer and being able to start at UK in some capacity would have been cool. That said, I suppose I can do a Michigan or a Texas (I do not "care" for a lot of the other teams on that list that are included lol), and see how it is though regardless.

It is still a positive step in the right direction.

# 107 strawberryshortcake @ 07/22/15 01:31 AM
Just random thoughts to myself.

If it's limited to only a handful of schools, why doesn't 2k simply create generic schools using all the colors of spectrum. Throw colored darts on the map of the United States. If it lands in DC with a purple dart, create a collegiate team "purple." or whatevers..

or throw all 50 states in a bucket along with 50 colors in a bucket. Grab one state, grab one color. Boom. There you go. A college team.... or whatevers.

# 108 TheVinylHippo @ 07/22/15 02:49 AM
As much as I'd love and want to play for Texas, I like the idea of being a HS star, signing with a college and this "Vic" character getting you involved in a situation that leads to your expulsion, forcing to play overseas for a year. Maybe that will be an outcome influenced by your decisions.

That being said, I still want to lead Texas to a championship and go pro afterwards above anything else.

# 109 GR5Noles @ 07/22/15 08:48 AM
Quote:

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'm still going to hold out hope on Kentucky. CLC does not represent Kentucky, so that explains why they aren't on that initial list. Since there are 11-12 teams, I'd place my money on there being a few more to get to an even 16. I don't think 2K would go through the process of obtaining licenses, implementing an elite 8 in MyCareer, and leaving 3-4 teams out given the season. The fact that they already have more than 8 leads me to believe they'll go for 16, probably teams that aren't represented by CLC (Kentucky, Ohio State, Davidson, Notre Dame, Michigan State, Indiana just to name some.)

If 2K had yet to obtain the license from UK when they released the covers months ago, that would explain why the logo was removed from Anthony Davis' picture.

# 110 Murph @ 07/22/15 01:36 PM
Other news outlets starting to pick up the story:

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...ble-on-nba-2k/

# 111 WTF @ 07/22/15 03:42 PM
I hope they have the atmosphere of college ball in the game. PC version will hopefully open up more college opportunities shortly after release.

# 112 ehh @ 07/22/15 03:46 PM
Can't believe I'm going to be able to play as UConn again...it's been a long eight years.

# 113 jfsolo @ 07/22/15 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Introvese
Mods what's good. I see this story covered more by random sites than a site specifically for this story smh. Get it together OS
OS started talking about this 6-7 days ago, so maybe they're not the ones who need to get it together.

# 114 redsox4evur @ 07/22/15 04:50 PM
Quote:
It's not nowhere on the main page saying anything about 2k having 10+ college teams
The story was broken with this thread...

# 115 Wildcats302 @ 07/22/15 05:24 PM
Quote:
I get that. But this should be on the front page. Instead there is a story about Myteam
The problem is the people that run this site do not have to cater to whatever you want/demand. And calling out the mods is a good way to get banned FYI. I'd take it down a few notches complaining over something trivial.

# 116 King_B_Mack @ 07/22/15 06:17 PM
Damn, I see the 2K/College news on the top of the trending tab on Facebook. Crazy how this story has taken off.

# 117 BenGerman @ 07/23/15 01:27 AM
Quote:
Damn, I see the 2K/College news on the top of the trending tab on Facebook. Crazy how this story has taken off.
People want their college sports games back.

NCAA 14 is is like a top ten requested game for backwards compatibility on Xbox One.

# 118 deetoman @ 07/23/15 02:24 AM
This has gotten so much news it will be funny if we can't play any college at all.... But I'm hoping we can play some HS & College ball before the NBA.

# 119 23 @ 07/23/15 05:56 AM
Quote:
If I get banned from OS over something like this I would be glad to be gone. All I'm saying like many posters in this thread are saying. This story has legs. If someone the frequent the forums u wouldn't even kno
You can coming after mods

Mods don't handle stories on the site and please read before making rash posts when you aren't even up on what happens on this site.

# 120 Cleve07103 @ 07/23/15 10:14 AM
Not sure if you guys seen the screen shot someone took but it does say if you do well in College you will draw interest from NBA teams

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.