Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Spike Lee is going to take NBA 2K16 to another level with his inclusion in the game’s MyCareer story mode. Story is everything, after all.

My Career is going to follow the world of your player (Ronnie 2K has confirmed “Frequent Vibrations” is not your only option) as he continues his hoops journey in high school. That sounds great, but what’s the real underlying question here? NBA rules state that a player cannot jump straight to the pros.

All three of the covers released for 2K16 feature the star from their college days: Steph Curry at Davidson, Anthony Davis at Kentucky and James Harden at Arizona State. Could college hoops, after eight years and one console generation, be returning to the PlayStation and Xbox?

There’s also the potential of walking in Emmanuel Mudiay’s footsteps, and playing overseas after high school.

Either way, with the option to play overseas or choosing the length of your college career, simulation would be taken to the next step for sure. And Spike Lee is definitely the kind of guy that could make this happen.

Here’s to College Hoops. I hope.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 xgcgj @ 07/23/15 11:04 AM
I struggle to even fathom how college hoops could somehow be involved but there's absolutely no denying of the authentic college representations on each of the three covers.

# 122 Pokes404 @ 07/23/15 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgcgj
I struggle to even fathom how college hoops could somehow be involved but there's absolutely no denying of the authentic college representations on each of the three covers.
Nothing stops universities from making their own licensing agreements with other companies. 2K (appears to have) acquired licensing deals with several schools for use of their name and logos. Now, what they can't do is have anything remotely infringing on player likeness. So expect to see completely generic rosters for the players on each team. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if 2K checked the official roster for each school and made an almost polar opposite version of each roster ... just to be sure they didn't even accidentally create a player that looked similar to a real life player.

But yes, as long as a developer acquires the rights and there aren't any player likeness issues, colleges can be represented in a video game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.