Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

It's fair to say people in these parts are hungry for any and every piece of NBA 2K16 info at this point. So Zach Timmerman, a producer on NBA 2K16, rolled into his office on Sunday morning. He noticed his version of the game had finished building and was like, "oh snap, guess that means I didn't break anything major by adding these new animations. Time to tweet!" (Okay, I don't actually know if he said any of this but go with me here.)

But okay, on a slightly more serious note obviously seeing this little snapshot of the development process is good times. When marketers hype up the fact that a new sports game has "hundreds of new animations!" it sort of gets lost on most of us because we can't really discern what that means and what they really impacted. But when it's specific like this, it at least gives folks something easier to grasp. In other words, it maybe does not sound as "wow-worthy" but it actually means something much more tangible.

So this sounds like good news to us as the post-up game is always in need of love as it's all about moves, double moves and variety overall to keep the cat and mouse game going.

How did you folks feel about the post game anyway in NBA 2K15?

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 IUxHOOSIERS @ 06/15/15 03:29 AM
Besides the post fade glitch, the post is pretty much worthless on 2k15.

# 62 fantomex @ 06/15/15 01:28 PM
I just hope they work on the knowledge of the player. There's no logical reason how every time i make a move deep in the post near the baseline, it always ends up being out of bounds

# 63 2_headedmonster @ 06/16/15 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IUxHOOSIERS
Not at all

# 64 8KB24 @ 06/16/15 02:14 PM
Quote:
You gotta have few go-to moves. Mine are with centers like Dwight, Hibbert, even with guys like Randle - bump, bump and hook shot. And with guys like Booz, Kobe who have good fade is bump and fade or stepback. Also if I have slower guy, for example if I get matched up with Randle v Brook Lopez I post up, go to triple threat, jab jab and explode.

# 65 ur6an_lo9ic @ 06/17/15 12:46 AM
if they're effective cool. butu we still need player size to affect how they play

# 66 thablackheart @ 06/17/15 02:13 AM
will we be able to defend those 32 animations is the question

# 67 Thelorn @ 06/17/15 12:31 PM
More canned animations added to 2k, how awsome! /rolleyes

# 68 Chemthethriller @ 06/17/15 01:32 PM
Quote:
eh... I played center a bunch and if I had room to work in the post online, I almost knew for a fact I would score on the other C. The problem I would run into is getting the ball in post is that I would get doubled right away, which then I would usually attempt to hit someone slashing towards the hoop.

Easy scores online: start with a post fade, then the next time down hit them with an up and under. If you're playing another center that isn't spamming steal, Spin or dropstep can be great moves also.

# 69 Pokes404 @ 06/17/15 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemthethriller
eh... I played center a bunch and if I had room to work in the post online, I almost knew for a fact I would score on the other C. The problem I would run into is getting the ball in post is that I would get doubled right away, which then I would usually attempt to hit someone slashing towards the hoop.

Easy scores online: start with a post fade, then the next time down hit them with an up and under. If you're playing another center that isn't spamming steal, Spin or dropstep can be great moves also.
Baseline dropstep is my instant go-to move when I get a smaller defender on me.

# 70 fpliii @ 06/19/15 02:08 AM
Looking forward to it!

If you're sticking with the shot-meter/timing display, please give us some sort of feedback on jump hooks.

Also maybe I haven't played enough in the post this year, but I'd love to see smoother animations for players transitioning from facing up to self-posting with a live-dribble (particularly among wing players). In general actually, it seems to me the animations for perimeter players posting up are too similar to the corresponding animations for bigs.

This might be ignorance on my part as well, but more fluid/believable fakes...I believe Rondo has a fake pass in one of his layup packages, maybe a one-handed fake (the first move in the infamous 95 Dream Shake), if it's not possible to execute already.

Maybe there should be more of a benefit to posting, giving it back to the ball-handler, and re-posting. It doesn't seem like bigs fight for position enough to make the re-post worth it as far as I can tell. On a similar note, kicking the ball out seems fine, but I wonder if the mechanics for feeding cutters or skip passing to the weak-side could use some retooling. When I've played, there seems to be a nice meta-game between doubling and passing out of the post (though a lot of post players seem to turn the ball over a ton when trying to do so...maybe I'm not reading the defense appropriately and am not finding open guys, or am waiting until it's too late).

Lastly, even after seeing a couple of threads explaining how to dunk off of a drop step or spin move, I've had very little success (even when playing as Cousins or Shaq). Unless I'm completely clueless/off base here, there should be a higher rate of triggering the dunk animation (maybe it should require one or more specific "post posterizer" badges).

Thanks again for your hard work, 2k crew.

# 71 videlsports @ 07/11/15 12:22 PM
This is good news because you can Utilize Big men More. Most post are accurate as far as the post moves not working as much, or getting constantly stripped by wings.Now teams led by big man will matter.

# 72 thablackheart @ 07/16/15 01:37 PM
just fix the post fades & ill be satisfied. . .players swishing with a 65-below post fade rating is mildly unbearable.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.