Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

It looks like we are going to get some sort of information on NBA Live 16 prior to E3. In responding to a fan question on their official Twitter account, we can expect to hear something this week.

With E3 on the docket for next week, the details will most likely be something related to the release date and/or cover athlete. Last year, EA Sports announced the release date and posted an open letter for NBA Live 15 prior to E3, then revealed Damian Lillard as the NBA Live 15 cover athlete in late August.

UPDATE: The NBA Live 16 cover athlete will be announced tomorrow, multiple sources have confirmed.

UPDATE #2: Russell Westbrook just followed the EA Sports NBA Live Twitter account. We have confirmed with our sources he will be the NBA Live 16 cover athlete.

What are you hoping they reveal?

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 TecmoZack @ 06/08/15 11:28 AM
Nice!!! I hope that they tell us about gameplay/ animation improvements.

BUT....

I have a feeling it will be Cover Athlete, a feature or 2, and the reveal of a new mode. ( I am fine with this as well)

They will probably reveal even more next Monday at E3.

I'm pumped.

Sports Gaming Maniac. Follow me on the interweb TecmZack - @VanMetra16

PSN - TecmoZack

# 2 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 06/08/15 12:02 PM
I think it will be the cover athlete announcement(imo will be John wall) but it would be nice to get some other news or a screenshot as well. I can't wait to hear/see what the news is and what they've got for us at E3!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 3 TecmoZack @ 06/08/15 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRK41NOWITZKI
I think it will be the cover athlete announcement(imo will be John wall) but it would be nice to get some other news or a screenshot as well. I can't wait to hear/see what the news is and what they've got for us at E3!

I think John Wall, Russell Westbrook, or Blake Griffin.

PSN - TecmoZack

# 4 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 06/08/15 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TecmoZack
I think John Wall, Russell Westbrook, or Blake Griffin.

PSN - TecmoZack

As much as I would like Russell or Blake on the cover, I don't think they will because right now EA is going with the young and up and coming guys(lillard,Kyrie) and wall is one of those guys. Blake and Russell are already pretty much at the top of the league so I don't think they'll be on the cover.

# 5 cthurt @ 06/08/15 04:40 PM
If they announce an edit player feature for this years game, they will have my attention. More then likely just the cover info though.

# 6 scottyp180 @ 06/08/15 04:41 PM
Nice can't wait for info on this game. I just hope EA forgoes the typical cg reveal trailer they typically have for sports titles. I want to see real footage and not a fake trailer that will just get our hopes up.

I'm expecting some big things for Live this year. Live 14 was good for the simple fact that the series was finally released. Live 15 was certainly an improvement over 14 and was a much more competent game. This year I'm looking for Live 16 to be a quality title. It most likely won't be at the same level at 2k but it should offer a fresh alternative.

# 7 KingTocco @ 06/08/15 05:34 PM
^No offense but none of those ideas make any sense and if they put any of them on the cover I'll probably just laugh.

# 8 Bolt957 @ 06/08/15 06:37 PM
It's looking like the cover athlete might be Russell Westbrook. At least it seems that way from the picture they posted on Twitter.

# 9 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 06/08/15 06:40 PM
The news is coming tomorrow!!!! I'm so hyped!!!!

It does look like Westbrook in the picture....

# 10 ccoaxum @ 06/08/15 06:40 PM
Quote:
As much as I would like Russell or Blake on the cover, I don't think they will because right now EA is going with the young and up and coming guys(lillard,Kyrie) and wall is one of those guys. Blake and Russell are already pretty much at the top of the league so I don't think they'll be on the cover.

i agree with that statement, not sure if anyone remember those guards that EA showed or had irving, lillard and odipo when live 14 was coming out. So far they used two of those guys for the cover.

# 11 ccoaxum @ 06/08/15 06:44 PM
Quote:
The news is coming tomorrow!!!! I'm so hyped!!!!

It does look like Westbrook in the picture....

just saw this, would be nice if Westbrook gets it.

# 12 jpollack34 @ 06/08/15 07:11 PM
I'm shocked that there even is an NBA Live 16... I honestly didn't think that the series would continue.

# 13 nick_sr @ 06/08/15 07:23 PM
Great decision. Don't think john wall would have helped sales so going with godbrook is a great decision.

# 14 Steve_OS @ 06/08/15 07:37 PM
It's Russell Westbrook, this confirmed it. He just followed the NBA Live account on Twitter.

# 15 zzcoolj21 @ 06/08/15 07:38 PM
Looks like its Westbrook. He just followed Live on twitter.

Edit: Damn you beat me to it lol

# 16 TecmoZack @ 06/08/15 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
It's Russell Westbrook, this confirmed it. He just followed the NBA Live account on Twitter.

Bam! That is awesome!

PSN - TecmoZack

# 17 rockchisler @ 06/08/15 07:48 PM
Nice! Westbrook is a good look.

# 18 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 06/08/15 08:14 PM
Westbrook is definitely a good choice. Can't wait to see the official cover tomorrow!

# 19 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 06/08/15 08:39 PM
Just for fun...

# 20 BiggD @ 06/08/15 09:31 PM
Good choice, Never liked this guys personality until i found out how much he actually does for the community and now i'm well and truly on his bandwagon!!!

Kinda getting a little excited now, just like the old days...

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.