Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

Oklahoma City Thunder point guard, Russell Westbrook has been officially named the cover athlete for NBA Live 16, check out the trailer here and 8 new screenshots here.

Here are the official NBA Live 16 covers.

An official release date hasn't been revealed yet. More details will arrive during the EA press briefing on Monday, June 15th at 1:00PM PT. Until then, here are some of the features.
  • LIVE IS ALL ABOUT YOU
    The ultimate form of self-expression where everything you do matters – both on and off the court.
  • LIVEMOTION
    Free your game with our physics-based player movement system – giving you unparalleled control and best-in-class animation.
  • LIVE CONNECTED
    The freshest way to play ball. Ultimate Team, Dynasty, Big Moment Challenges and more are back and better than ever.
  • DISCOVER HOW TO RISE TOGETHER THIS SUMMER
    A new way to experience NBA LIVE…
Also be sure to check out the images, along with a few details behind the scenes, during the cover shoot.

Read the full press release below.

RUSSELL WESTBROOK NAMED NBA LIVE 16 COVER ATHLETE

Thunder All-Star Makes Video Game Cover Debut

Today Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) revealed Russell Westbrook as the cover athlete for NBA LIVE 16. Westbrook, the Oklahoma City Thunder point guard, is a decorated NBA star and one of the most versatile and explosive players in the league, demonstrated by his 11 triple-doubles this season, seven more than the next closest player. Westbrook is a four-time All-Star, and was named the 2015 All-Star Game MVP. He was also the NBA Scoring Champion after the 2014 season, and has won two gold medals as part of the US National Team, once during the 2010 FIBA World Championship and again in the 2012 Olympics.

“Russell Westbrook is a player who can do it all, and we can’t imagine a better fit for the cover of NBA LIVE 16,” said EA SPORTS VP of Marketing Anthony Stevenson. “NBA LIVE 16 is all about self-expression, and who better embodies that than Westbrook, both on and off the court? Russell plays every game like he has something to prove. Our team is building NBA LIVE the exact same way, so we’re thrilled to have him as an ambassador for our game.”

EA SPORTS will announce the first gameplay details of NBA LIVE 16 next week at E3, and fans are encouraged to tune into the official EA press briefing on Monday, June 15 at 1:00pm PT for live announcements regarding this year’s game. Show attendees will also be able to stop by the EA booth to get their hands on NBA LIVE 16 for themselves for the very first time.

NBA LIVE 16 is developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon and will be available for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, and will be available for $59.99. To learn more about NBA LIVE 16, visit https://www.easports.com/nba-live.

NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 mlp111 @ 06/09/15 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
You can play it through Windows 10 on the Xbox One lol
lol, i want to be able to mod it... I think then we can really make the game shine!

# 22 amedawg00 @ 06/09/15 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k16
Hope its a online dynasty with friends?!?!?! I got a huge group of guys wanting a multiseason online association since the other company dropped the ball AGAIN
Live needs to come out and confirm what we suspect to be an online association. This could start a revolution if they have successfully implemented a madden like online CFM.

# 23 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 06/09/15 02:18 PM
That dunk at the end of the trailer told me all I need to know. The game still has that "Live stiffness" to the animations smh. This is & has been NBA Live's biggest problem. Their animations are just not smooth enough. If they can't get it right by now then I've lost all hope smh.

# 24 m1ke_nyc @ 06/09/15 02:18 PM
Can't wait to hear more about live motion. Animations has been a big issue for this franchise for some time now.

# 25 WaddupCouzin @ 06/09/15 02:19 PM
The last time I remember Live having information this early was like Live 10, they had playable versions of that Game like everywhere! That's a good sign for them.

# 26 RICH72601 @ 06/09/15 02:19 PM
They (EA) scream confidence every year...then there's some kind of letter or statement after release apologizing for not being up to par. I really can't get excited for little things like this. I do expect the game to look and play better, but I will not be able to get a good feel for how it truly is until we get to see 5 on 5 in motion. I'm really hoping I can once again purchase two basketball games. Smart money has not allowed me to do that since Live 10. Hoping for the best, and even though they're so far behind, they need to really shorten the gap and compete hard. Nice screens, the dunk, not so much.

# 27 Mintsa @ 06/09/15 02:19 PM
The most important news that came our of this is that live 16 is.......

1) being shown during the e3 presser
2) they will actually release info/game features at e3

And 3).......

Live 16 will actually be playable at e3...not shown behind some closed door meeting room where only WTF and Fernando know the secret handshake to get in (joking guys...lol). Live being shown this early and being playable is HUGE NEWS!!

# 28 WTF @ 06/09/15 02:23 PM
We changed it so Fernando doesn't know how to get in either

# 29 TDYRX @ 06/09/15 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH72601
They (EA) scream confidence every year...then there's some kind of letter or statement after release apologizing for not being up to par. I really can't get excited for little things like this. I do expect the game to look and play better, but I will not be able to get a good feel for how it truly is until we get to see 5 on 5 in motion. I'm really hoping I can once again purchase two basketball games. Smart money has not allowed me to do that since Live 10. Hoping for the best, and even though they're so far behind, they need to really shorten the gap and compete hard. Nice screens, the dunk, not so much.

Could've fooled me.

# 30 RICH72601 @ 06/09/15 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohkaynerain
Could've fooled me.
Yes, maybe I should've specified, but only in interviews, lol. When talking about the game for the past two years, even more, we've seen multiple interviews of them saying just how great the game is, without us seeing it for ourselves. My first statement was actually a sarcastic one. EA is very good at talking and not showing, or showing tiny bits and pieces.

# 31 Steve_OS @ 06/09/15 02:38 PM
Updated the OP w/ some higher definition screenshots.

# 32 JazzMan @ 06/09/15 02:38 PM
Hopefully they add enough stuff to the game and its modes to be on par with 2k. Getting tired of the way 2k plays, but sometimes I take for granted all of the options that it has in comparison to Live.

# 33 _Fernando @ 06/09/15 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
We changed it so Fernando doesn't know how to get in either
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

# 34 23 @ 06/09/15 02:49 PM
Like the cover choice and like how the skin tone looks, at least RWB so far doesn't look ashy like in the past...that's an improvement, actually looks closer to what I've seen from VC's game.

Can't say much about this trailer to be honest because it was nothing. I'd rather see his pull up J, and the way he dunks IRL was not what they showed lol. They always use that same angle, First Melo then Pierce and now RWB. What do they have an animation loop for the same one handed dunk in the same camera angle?

Other than that like any other EA game its wait and see, but hopefully they got it together this time so I can have 2 bball games.

# 35 noshun @ 06/09/15 03:31 PM
Skin tone looks better, but its the same issue from my QA days on Live that I just keep seeing... meh.

# 36 Ermolli @ 06/09/15 03:49 PM
Graphically it looks fantastic. They've improved the lighting from what I see, colors seems more vivid compared to the washed look on Live 15; also it seems like they fixed the jersey collars which were huge and too pronounced. Can't say much about what was in the trailer besides the stiff dunk.

# 37 Detroitfan4life1993 @ 06/09/15 04:00 PM
The last feature discover how to rise together this summer makes me think they are putting some type of crew mode in the game. I'm probably wrong but it would be smart imo for them to put a mode like that in the game especially if 2k still doesn't put it back in. I'm looking forward to seeing gameplay and hearing about more features, im hoping we get 2 good basketball games this year.

# 38 KennyJ1976 @ 06/09/15 04:27 PM
Could we have two good basketball games this year? I hope so because EA seems pretty confident in releasing info on the game this early and letting fans play it at E3. Hopefully one day we can get some good ole healthy competition from our other sports games, (baseball and especially football).

# 39 Hustle Westbrook @ 06/09/15 04:57 PM
Graphics look crazy.

I just wish they would get the jerseys right. There's something about them that always looks off.

# 40 punkologist @ 06/09/15 04:57 PM
I really hope this turns out good, having competition is only a good thing for us getting better games overall.
That goes for baseball too, come on ea, we want MVP baseball back!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.