Home
PES 2016 News Post

Game: PES 2016Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
PES 2016 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 rckabillyRaider @ 06/12/15 03:01 PM
That looks very good. Looking forward to the full edit mode features.

# 22 dubcity @ 06/12/15 03:30 PM
I'm going to wait for game play footage (single-player vs CPU on higher difficulty, specifically) before I get too excited about this being a step up from 2015, but it does look like that MyClub money is being spent. If the physicality results in more fouls, and that wide camera is legit, this will be fun.

# 23 DirtyJerz32 @ 06/12/15 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
I'm going to wait for game play footage (single-player vs CPU on higher difficulty, specifically) before I get too excited about this being a step up from 2015, but it does look like that MyClub money is being spent. If the physicality results in more fouls, and that wide camera is legit, this will be fun.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...rmany-ign.html

Looking really good.

# 24 bxphenom7 @ 06/12/15 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Regarding the EPL in PES 2015, the players are authentic but the teams are fictional (except Man U, who are licensed), so you get "Merseyside Red" with fake badges and kits instead of Liverpool. The good news is that PES is highly customizable, so you can edit the team name, the announcer's call, the kits, pretty much everything except logos and sponsors.

With the addition of image import (on the PS side anyway), it sounds like we'll be able to import authentic logos into PES 2016, just like the old days. So Liverpool will basically look like Liverpool in PES, or close enough. It's a great solution to not having licenses, but it will never compare to FIFA in terms of authentic EPL presentation, kits, stadiums, etc.

Does that make sense?
They haven't said anything about be able to share roster edits right? I used to love getting the MLS through option files.

# 25 Halloween @ 06/12/15 03:51 PM
Judging from the footage I'd say footplanting remains an issue. The players look like feathers in the wind with no sense of weight whatsoever. They literally hover over the pitch. It just don't like that, it feels too arcade.

And since they moved to Fox Engine this game has no defense AI at all. CBs are way to deep.

Last year was the first year I liked Fifa a tad more than PES. This needs to change again.

Edit: Brazil Germany gameplay @0:32 this kind of defensive behaviors make it hard for me to really enjoy it.

# 26 Turbojugend @ 06/12/15 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
They haven't said anything about be able to share roster edits right? I used to love getting the MLS through option files.
It's hard to tell at this point. Option files have always been more of a fan project then a developer project, I don't think Konami endorses them officially. I'm not sure if it's an encryption issue or what, but I'm guessing it will take someone "cracking the code" on current-gen console save files to make option files a thing again.

Having said that, image import will still be a huge deal, especially if they have a server to host them on (a'la MLB The Show).

# 27 LingeringRegime @ 06/12/15 04:12 PM
Birthday present for me.

# 28 KG @ 06/12/15 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween
Judging from the footage I'd say footplanting remains an issue. The players look like feathers in the wind with no sense of weight whatsoever. They literally hover over the pitch. It just don't like that, it feels too arcade.

And since they moved to Fox Engine this game has no defense AI at all. CBs are way to deep.

Last year was the first year I liked Fifa a tad more than PES. This needs to change again.

Edit: Brazil Germany gameplay @0:32 this kind of defensive behaviors make it hard for me to really enjoy it.
Foot planting does need to improve but players had plenty of weight in 2015.

# 29 bxphenom7 @ 06/12/15 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween

The defense shown in that gameplay video can't really be trusted since it was definitely being played on a lower difficulty level. Have to wait until there's gameplay on superstar difficulty.

# 30 bxphenom7 @ 06/12/15 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
It's hard to tell at this point. Option files have always been more of a fan project then a developer project, I don't think Konami endorses them officially. I'm not sure if it's an encryption issue or what, but I'm guessing it will take someone "cracking the code" on current-gen console save files to make option files a thing again.

Having said that, image import will still be a huge deal, especially if they have a server to host them on (a'la MLB The Show).
Yeah, I just suck at doing the edits myself and making players accurately. I'm so down to follow the creation process of players, kits, ratings etc if someone puts it up on YouTube or wherever.

# 31 Necrosis @ 06/13/15 01:17 AM
I really hope that this game will turn out as good as that trailer made it look, because FIFA has been slacking off and they desperately need the competition.

# 32 sroz39 @ 06/13/15 10:07 AM
Kind of crazy to think about now but 3 short years ago I picked up FIFA 13 on a whim because of fatigue with the NHL and NBA series and have bought FIFA every year since. In that time, I've also gone from being a casual soccer fan to one who now follows over ten different soccer sites on Twitter and can't get enough.

Long story short, I know its just a trailer, but that looked like the epitome of video game soccer. If it turns out half as good as that trailer, it'll be incredible. I will be picking this game up for my offline soccer fix and pick up FIFA for the Pro Clubs experience.

If three years ago you told me I'd buy two soccer games in 2015, I'd have laughed in your face. But that trailer was something else.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

# 33 dubcity @ 06/13/15 02:01 PM
For those who didn't notice it at first (like me), on the newspaper overlay style screen it says new stadiums in the bottom right corner.

# 34 deejay2 @ 06/13/15 07:39 PM
Graphics is bad.. Again and again.

# 35 SVCbearcat10 @ 06/14/15 11:58 AM
I can't help but to feel that if this was an EA trailer that it would be torn apart for graphics. Faces look great, however skin looks like a cartoon. Once again, everyone seems to have the same body type. Kits do not look like cloth at all.

That being said, it seems like gameplay will be even better than last year. If you can over look player models and presentation, I feel that this will be the better playing soccer game. If you want the whole package, FIFA will probably be the way to go.

# 36 Resurrection403 @ 06/14/15 12:52 PM
This years demo will be a deciding factor in PES vs FIFA for me.

I'm a long time, very loyal FIFA player for years. Never thougth I'd say that. Konami has impressed me a great deal with their efforts and unless FIFA day surprises me on the 15th, I'll be leaning to PES.

Either way, a wonderful dilemn for us soccer fans who want a video game to burn our hours with.

# 37 sroz39 @ 06/14/15 02:33 PM
Seeing as how I've only briefly played PES games in the past, is there one version I could grab that would be a good starting point? I looked at grabbing PES 15 on the PS4 but its still $40 up here in Canada which is a bit much for two month's worth imo.

Is 2013 on the 360/PS3 generally considered the best last gen version?

# 38 TexasFan2005 @ 06/15/15 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
Seeing as how I've only briefly played PES games in the past, is there one version I could grab that would be a good starting point? I looked at grabbing PES 15 on the PS4 but its still $40 up here in Canada which is a bit much for two month's worth imo.

Is 2013 on the 360/PS3 generally considered the best last gen version?

If you have a ps3 and can find a PES 2015 version for less than the PS4, then that'd be a great choice as it's very similar to its ps4 counterpart

# 39 sroz39 @ 06/15/15 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFan2005
If you have a ps3 and can find a PES 2015 version for less than the PS4, then that'd be a great choice as it's very similar to its ps4 counterpart
I ended up doing this very thing, grabbing the 360 version used for $15, and after 5 or 6 hours, bought the digital copy on PS4. I was impressed with what I got to play, just annoyed by the total install time when factoring in the Application Data, which was 20GBs. Never actually got to play anything beyond Exhibitions between Sevilla and Real Madrid.

Oh well, should get some time with it tonight.

# 40 Money99 @ 06/16/15 07:04 AM
This game looks fantastic!
I may lay off the 2015 purchase and just go with 2016.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.