Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

MLB 15 The Show patch 1.04 arrived early this morning, weighing in at 799 MB. SCEA has just released the details.

Offline specific changes:
  • When using the Player Lock feature in Exhibition, Season, or Franchise modes, the user was unable to perform a dive or jump animation when inputting the command. This has been fixed for all modes.
Online specific changes:
  • During an online game, when a ball is hit directly at and fielded by the 1st baseman, tapping the circle button triggers the fielder to “take it himself” to 1st base. This was resulting in the offensive user not seeing the fielder run to the base and tagging it. He would only see the fielder standing in place (where he fielded the ball) but the out would be recorded when the play timed out. This has been fixed on this version of the patch.
  • During an online game, in a very rare and timing specific situation, the game would post the wrong win/loss result if the very last out was recorded on a force out play at the same time a runner was crossing home plate (that would have tied the game). The most common occurrence of this involved the bases being loaded, and the last out being recorded at 1st base, just as the tying run would cross the plate. This has been fixed, and games will post correctly when ending on this type of play.
  • During an online game, a hang/standoff could occur if the batter called for a timeout at the exact time that the pitching user was giving the input to select a pitch type. This situation was rare, due to the timing, but encountered frequently enough to warrant code reconstruction to resolve this. This has been resolved on this version of the patch.
  • Within an Online Challenge of the Week game session, users were able to bat from an outfield/pitcher view perspective. This was giving users an advantage, as they could see where the catcher was setting up (giving away the pitch location). Users are no longer able to bat with an outfield/pitcher view perspective in Challenge of the Week mode.
  • Following an extended period of offline gameplay (resulting in the accumulation of XP and stubs), users were encountering an issue where their universal profile was syncing to a system level user, instead of a PSN user. Their amount of XP and stubs were not syncing as expected during the log-in process. This has been fixed.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Ghost Of The Year @ 06/12/15 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nop990
That isn't an option buddy
?????????
Works for me.

# 22 Spokker @ 06/12/15 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilza80
So how can I get a refund since all I play is franchise using the Cubs? This bug is happening every other game and causing me to lose games.
We should trade notes because while my home park is Wrigley and I notice the bugs, they aren't that common and don't cause me to lose games in my opinion. It's more aesthetic such as players blindly running into walls.

# 23 Syce @ 06/12/15 06:32 PM
they still need to fix AI not extending their lead offs, which in result means you can never pick off the AI because of this issue.

# 24 Geolink @ 06/12/15 06:33 PM
Kind of hate the focus is on online.

# 25 countryboy @ 06/12/15 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilza80
So how can I get a refund since all I play is franchise using the Cubs? This bug is happening every other game and causing me to lose games.
Take it back to the store you bought it from and ask for a refund. Might want to take your receipt with you.

And there is a workaround for the issue. Fellow Cub fans (bcruise) can fill you in because I honestly don't know the details.

Found the workaround.....

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ate-notes.html

# 26 countryboy @ 06/12/15 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tspicchiali
is it me, or is this game not as good as last year?
Well I guess it is you if your opinion is that it isn't as good as last year.

Myself and my opinion, I think its the best of the series.

# 27 BrianU @ 06/12/15 06:41 PM
Was hoping to see players lead off with auto base running as they don't currently (Human and CPU), as well as the issue where the pitcher noticeably hesitates before running to home plate on a wild pitch as a guy is running down from 3rd. It's like he forgets where he is. Still love the game and greatest sports game of all time.

# 28 countryboy @ 06/12/15 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I am able to perform dives very well and my success rate is high, that is a reason why I see it often.
Why you got to point out that my defensive skills are lacking nem?

# 29 bcruise @ 06/12/15 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Take it back to the store you bought it from and ask for a refund. Might want to take your receipt with you.

And there is a workaround for the issue. Fellow Cub fans (bcruise) can fill you in because I honestly don't know the details.
Although I kind of expect this to go unread by the other poster...

Short version: Pause and switch teams when you see a high foul ball heading into the field box seats on either side of the foul lines. The bug will not trigger when the fielder is user-controlled.

The bug does not happen on every foul ball (or even close to it), it takes a specific location and height to allow the fielder to run into the wall and fool the boundary. I probably don't average one of these per game, though it can happen 2 or 3 times in a game. Just depends on how many foul balls you hit. It's annoying, but not horribly immersion-breaking to switch teams when I see this coming.

Unfortunately, there is no fix for this in RTTS.

# 30 TheRealC7R @ 06/12/15 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe1980
So, still must fear throwing over to first on a pick off attempt, then.
I don't even attempt to pick-off anymore. I'd much rather the runner attempt to steal and try to throw him out at 2nd than to have the ball fly into the stands. I'd be fine with the throwing error if it were a throw to the left or right of 1B, but something about seeing the ball go into the stands is just frustrating.

# 31 ScottfrmPhilly @ 06/12/15 07:33 PM
FYI to all ... I accepted the update today JUST to see what would happen... and it CHANGED THE RATINGS OF MY "OLDER" Phillies mid season of my offline franchise ...I had suspected this when I accepted the patch last week... I had this franchise started months ago!!! I edited them back though. That is pretty stupid I think .. If I accept a game path or update it should not affect my existing franchise ratings.. ugh!!! And yes... The Wrigley bug is pretty stupid and should be fixed... but change the ratings of my Franchise League players???? Really???!!!!

# 32 countryboy @ 06/12/15 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottfrmPhilly
FYI to all ... I accepted the update today JUST to see what would happen... and it CHANGED THE RATINGS OF MY "OLDER" Phillies mid season of my offline franchise ...I had suspected this when I accepted the patch last week... I had this franchise started months ago!!! I edited them back though. That is pretty stupid I think .. If I accept a game path or update it should not affect my existing franchise ratings.. ugh!!! And yes... The Wrigley bug is pretty stupid and should be fixed... but change the ratings of my Franchise League players???? Really???!!!!
My franchise players didn't change ratings at all. Young nor old.

I've played a franchise through all 4 patches and not once did my player's ratings change.

# 33 aukevin @ 06/12/15 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nop990
That isn't an option buddy
Go to your user settings, press L1 to get to last page of settings, then press R2 to get to Advanced Settings. Should be one of the last options in that set.

# 34 Hockeynut99 @ 06/12/15 08:25 PM
What is the boundary issue in Wrigley?

# 35 countryboy @ 06/12/15 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeynut99
What is the boundary issue in Wrigley?
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ate-notes.html

# 36 Fours @ 06/12/15 08:36 PM
Such a disappointing patch, especially knowing this is the last one with any hope of addressing non DD issues.. I know and accept that the money making modes will always get priority, but to have given up completely on franchise is a big middle finger to a huge segment of customers.

It's still possible to enjoy franchise with heavy editing and workarounds, but here's a list for MLB 16

- Balance overall Pitcher progression
- Pitcher progression velocity bug
- Playoff pitcher stamina
- Amateur draft generation, age over flow issue
- Amateur draft generation, inflated potential
- Amateur draft generation, ridiculous looking players
- Previous patch broke CPU lead offs
- Inflated pick off move errors(Can we call this fixed by removing lead offs?)
- Budgets preventing FA signings, leaving 90+ rated players unsigned.
- 1B not covering bag on diving plays.
- Players choosing relaxed throwing animations inappropriately.
- Catchers allowing passed balls on fastballs in the strike zone.
- Manager salary demands climbing to 8M+/year

That's just off the top of my head, I could come up with a lot more..

Year-to-year saves only make sense if you've tuned the game to make sense years down the road.

-frustrated-

# 37 Bacong @ 06/12/15 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fours
Such a disappointing patch, especially knowing this is the last one with any hope of addressing non DD issues.. I know and accept that the money making modes will always get priority, but to have given up completely on franchise is a big middle finger to a huge segment of customers.

It's still possible to enjoy franchise with heavy editing and workarounds, but here's a list for MLB 16

- Balance overall Pitcher progression
- Pitcher progression velocity bug
- Playoff pitcher stamina
- Amateur draft generation, age over flow issue
- Amateur draft generation, inflated potential
- Amateur draft generation, ridiculous looking players
- Previous patch broke CPU lead offs
- Inflated pick off move errors(Can we call this fixed by removing lead offs?)
- Budgets preventing FA signings, leaving 90+ rated players unsigned.
- 1B not covering bag on diving plays.
- Players choosing relaxed throwing animations inappropriately.
- Catchers allowing passed balls on fastballs in the strike zone.
- Manager salary demands climbing to 8M+/year

That's just off the top of my head, I could come up with a lot more..

Year-to-year saves only make sense if you've tuned the game to make sense years down the road.

-frustrated-
I'm having a ton of fun in Franchise mode, FWIW. I don't sim and I play every game, so I haven't seen those types of bugs you only experience a few seasons down the road. Sure, it's got its problems but overall it's a pretty solid game with golden gameplay. FIFA is the only game that comes close in terms of atmosphere and smooth gameplay.

# 38 Fours @ 06/12/15 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacong
I'm having a ton of fun in Franchise mode, FWIW. I don't sim and I play every game, so I haven't seen those types of bugs you only experience a few seasons down the road. Sure, it's got its problems but overall it's a pretty solid game with golden gameplay. FIFA is the only game that comes close in terms of atmosphere and smooth gameplay.
Essentially you're saying I shouldn't be frustrated because you haven't experienced the bugs I listed(yet). I understand why you posted, and I'm happy to hear you're enjoying it. You should be paying attention to the bugs reported by long sim franchise guys, some of the issues are already starting and will effect year 2, such as the velocity bug, scouting leading to more overage draft players, inflated amateur draft potentials, etc.. You'll have to deal with it all sooner or later.

I play 2 franchises each year, one where I never sim and try to play all 162+ games, and one where I rebuild a team long term and sim until all real players have retired, then play games with "my" players.

The no-sim franchise has been more fun, no doubt.

Almost every issue I listed should have been recognized and fixed after a single long sim test. It's not unreasonable to ask that some of them be addressed with a patch.

It seems like anything with a hint of negativity gets dismissed as some kind of disparaging ungratefulness. The entire point of a franchise mode is to play into the future, not just provide a single season experience. Right now it doesn't do what it's intended to do. The list is intelligent, helpful feedback, for free.

It's not like I'm complaining about Jayson Werth's arms not being hairy enough..

# 39 bcruise @ 06/12/15 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fours
Essentially you're saying I shouldn't be frustrated because you haven't experienced the bugs I listed(yet).
He said nothing about the experience you were having, or were supposed to have. He was relating his own experience.

Maybe he shouldn't have quoted you, but I didn't see anything in that post to suggest he was telling you what to think.

FWIW I agree with pretty much everything on your list. That doesn't mean I can't enjoy the game for what it is and does right.

# 40 BULLKID @ 06/12/15 11:15 PM
All these complaints how about a poll for if it's disc or digital download?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.