Home
News Post

The Microsoft Press Briefing for E3 kicks off at 9:30 PT, 12:30 ET. You can watch the briefing live above and we will also be providing relevant news and notes in the space below. Feel free to comment as you watch!

UPDATE: If you missed the stream, here is the archive. It starts at roughly the 17:28 mark.

News from the Press Conference:
  • Backwards compatibility for Xbox 360 games is coming. 100 titles will be available by the fall, more coming later. You will not have to pay for any of this. If you have the disc, the console will download the game for you. In addition, it will conceivably be based on what digital games were purchased in the past. The one major caveat at this point seems to be it's up to the publishers to allow the title to be downloaded and played.
  • A wireless "elite" controller was announced and will be released in the fall. See a pic of the new controller here.
  • Madden will release on August 25, but you can play it on August 20 if you have EA Access.
  • All EA games will be able to be played early via EA Access on Xbox One.
  • All Xbox Live Gold members can play EA Access for free this week as well (titles include all the '15 sports titles).
  • We just uploaded the Forza 6 E3 Gameplay Trailer. Watch it here.
  • XBox Game Preview will allow users to play games from Independent Developers as they are being developed (Think: Steam Early Access). This program will have free trials for all games available before you buy so you can give the game a spin.[/url]
  • Here is the full list of currently announced backwards compatible games for Xbox 360 to Xbox One. No Sports Games are on the list yet, but we know over 100 will be available.
  • RC Pro-Am will be one of the games in the collection Rare is releasing on August 4.
  • And that's a wrap! Not much sports gaming news, but lots of improvements coming to the Xbox One user experience is a huge plus!

Member Comments
# 141 aholbert32 @ 06/15/15 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants4Natic
This is not just a coat of paint on xbox one controller that is 60 already

This is a fully customizable controller with its own app to map the buttons

Check out all it can do

Designed for the Xbox One and Windows 10, the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller offers swappable components, hair trigger locks, and endless customization. You’ll be able to choose from a variety of thumbsticks, D-pads, and paddles for an experience that’s perfect for you. And in addition to swapping components, you can re-map buttons and paddles, tweak thumbstick sensitivity curves, and also change the min/max values of the triggers.
Thats great and all but its not worth 90 bucks more to me.

# 142 mestevo @ 06/15/15 05:05 PM
There is an Xbox app on 10, not the full store and game library.

# 143 Picci @ 06/15/15 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
There is an Xbox app on 10, not the full store and game library.

Is this the beta you're talking about? How about the Summer upgrade we haven't received yet? Again, these are the words from MS on their website that doesn't say limited store or library. I'm interpreting this as access to live on any win10 device. I could be wrong.

# 144 mestevo @ 06/15/15 05:27 PM
I'm using 10 at home on 2 tablets and a PC. It doesn't let you browse and download content from the Live Marketplace, just the Windows Marketplace. The app once done will blur the lines between the Live experience (activity, game DVR, shared content, cross-play) but games not available on PC can't be purchased and played with the app and cross-play games will require their PC counterpart to play with an Xbox user. Streaming from and Xbox One to the Xbox App on Windows devices (phones. Tablets, Oculus Rift, etc) is coming soon before launch next month.

# 145 ricky24 @ 06/15/15 05:35 PM
You won't be able to play Xbox one games on pc unless they are released on pc as well.

# 146 ZB9 @ 06/15/15 05:56 PM
Backwards compatibility has me stoked. Surely Red Dead will be one of those games. College football would be great too, but i have my doubts that one will be bc.

Sea of Thieves looks really cool. Is that an X1 exclusive?

# 147 XtremeDunkz @ 06/15/15 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
Backwards compatibility has me stoked. Surely Red Dead will be one of those games. College football would be great too, but i have my doubts that one will be bc.

Sea of Thieves looks really cool. Is that an X1 exclusive?
MS owns Rare so yes.

# 148 RoyalBoyle78 @ 06/16/15 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733
Controllers at $60 is too much money so the Elite controller being $150 is ******* insane. Yeah, you can switch out some stuff but that's not worth $150. Jeez.

In general, Microsoft had a good conference. Tomb Raider looks great. Gears of War ultimate edition is disappointing simply because it should have been a collection instead of just the original game but I wouldn't be surprised to see the other titles get released before Gears of War 4 which looks great. Rare disappointed me. Rest doesn't interest me at all.

Gears is not only a remake, its the same game but art and graphics were built from ground up, read up and watch the video on what was done.

Also, 150 for the controller seems a bit much, but ill buy it, looks awesome.

Backwards compatibility is huge for many. That to me was thee biggest announcement today overall.

And I was much impressed with MS conference ad a whole.

You said the rest doesn't interested you at all, so I guess the rest of your gaming year look to be pretty quite.

# 149 The JareBear @ 06/16/15 03:30 AM
Game wise I think everyone won today. Feature wise, the backwards compatibility is a big gain for MS. The new UI is cool too.

Great day overall, good time for gamers

# 150 Cyros @ 06/16/15 03:31 AM
$150 is probably alright if fit and finish are truly top notch plus it serves a specific niche. Look at arcade sticks costing anywhere from $150 (Hori) to $200 (screw you Madcatz) on PS4/X1.

# 151 ricky24 @ 06/16/15 09:40 AM
The gears remake looks amazing. They put a lot of work into the game. I would have liked 1-3 but they are doing this and gears 4 right now the right way. Hard to complain when I see this.

http://kotaku.com/lets-compare-gears...one-1711500523

I just hope horde mode gets on ultimate somehow. That's my only worry.

# 152 bigbob @ 06/16/15 10:18 AM
The best thing, for me anyways, is that I've never played the first Gears game.. even though they had the best game trailer ever (Mad World).

I would have loved two remade, but I knew going in from the rumors that I wasn't getting a collection.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

# 153 jeremym480 @ 06/16/15 11:21 AM
Backwards compatability pretty much sold me on getting a XBox One. Still being able play NCAA 14 and my old Guitar Hero and Rock Band games (assuming they make the BC list) makes getting rid of the 360 a no-brainer. Add to that EA Access and the fact that of all the games in the Vault, the only ones I have now are UFC and Madden 15, (therefore I'll have an instant collection), then the decision becomes easier.

With that said, did they say if Gears 4 had split screen Co Op? Last Gen I played more Gears and Halo games than anything else simply because couch co op gave games so much replay value. I was disappointed to hear that Halo: Guardians won't have this, so I'm hoping that Gears 4 doesn't go that direction, as well.

# 154 mestevo @ 06/16/15 11:27 AM
$150 is the market price for that style controller. It isn't for everyone.

https://scufgaming.com

# 155 ricky24 @ 06/16/15 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733
I know about Gears but they would be better off making a remake collection of all four of them next summer heading into Gears of War 4 next holiday season. My complaint is the same as it is for God of War III. Why not just re-master/remake all four games and release it as one package ala Halo: MCC?

Because they are using all their resources on getting ultimate and gears 4 perfect. Dev was on Xbox daily and he said this was the best way to get gears on the one quickly and have it done the right way while still concentrating on gears 4.

# 156 DJ @ 06/16/15 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Backwards compatability pretty much sold me on getting a XBox One. Still being able play NCAA 14 and my old Guitar Hero and Rock Band games (assuming they make the BC list) makes getting rid of the 360 a no-brainer. Add to that EA Access and the fact that of all the games in the Vault, the only ones I have now are UFC and Madden 15, (therefore I'll have an instant collection), then the decision becomes easier.

With that said, did they say if Gears 4 had split screen Co Op? Last Gen I played more Gears and Halo games than anything else simply because couch co op gave games so much replay value. I was disappointed to hear that Halo: Guardians won't have this, so I'm hoping that Gears 4 doesn't go that direction, as well.
I'm going to wait until the list of 100 games is revealed. NBA 2K11 not being one of the games you can vote to have access to is alarming to me, especially since every other 2K is on there. If NCAA doesn't make the cut, I would kick myself for getting rid of my 360.

I do like EA Access, though. I can wait a few months for games to go in the Vault instead of paying $60 for each title.

# 157 Altimus @ 06/16/15 01:46 PM
As of right now it seems DLC does not work with BC games.

I'm hoping this gets corrected as I would love to replay ME again.

# 158 ricky24 @ 06/16/15 03:52 PM
I just picked up mass effect. Never played it. Figured for 5 bucks why not.

# 159 studbucket @ 06/16/15 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky24
I just picked up mass effect. Never played it. Figured for 5 bucks why not.
Probably my favorite game series of all time. ME1 has somewhat wonky combat and inventory systems, but has a great story and is really engaging.

ME2 has way better combat and side missions and the crew decisions you make in the final mission are awesome.

ME3 has the best combat, but the (non-DLC) story suffers a bit (and not just from the ending, it's just not as deep), but it's really awesome. It's great seeing the character arc. I've got ~5 playthroughs of ME1 and I'm working on my 2nd of ME2 and 3.

Have fun, and share your stories. Everyone has different people they save, love, or kill.

# 160 Cyros @ 06/16/15 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
As of right now it seems DLC does not work with BC games.

I'm hoping this gets corrected as I would love to replay ME again.
Seems that it supposed to work.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ampaign=buffer

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.