Home
FIFA 16 News Post

EA Sports has just released their FIFA 16 gameplay trailer from E3, check it out here.

They have also released the FIFA 16 features. Click the links to read more.

Coming September 2015 - Available on XBOX One, PlayStation 4, XBOX 360, PlayStation 3, and PC

FIFA 16 - Play Beautiful

FIFA 16 innovates across the entire pitch to deliver a balanced, authentic, and exciting football experience that lets you play your way, and compete at a higher level. You’ll have Confidence in Defending, take Control in Midfield, and you’ll produce more Moments of Magic than ever before. FIFA 16 – Play Beautiful.

Confidence In Defending

FIFA 16 gives you the tools to stop your opponent with confidence. Move with greater freedom as a defender - rely on your team to defend as a unit, and your back line to track menacing runs to create balance between attacking and defending.

Defensive Agility

Use 25 innovative feature changes to mobility and locomotion to track skilled players. Mobile defenders can close down space and change direction quickly using swing-step behavior to stay with your opponent. You'll feel freedom of movement as you track runs and look to break up attacks.

Learn More

Defend as a Unit

Defend together, win together. Rely on your teammates to cover gaps when you close down an attacker. New defensive AI gives players better awareness of dangerous space on the pitch relative to the ball and their opponent. Your teammates will track back to stop sophisticated attacking runs, and close down angles of attack.

Learn More

New Tackling Fundamentals

Get stuck in and win back the ball with new tackling mechanics and animations. All new slide, standing, and fake tackles make going in for the ball responsive, rewarding, and fun!

Learn More

Control In Midfield

Games are won and lost in the midfield - in FIFA 16, the midfield matters. Stay in possession with patient build-up play or ping clinical passes through space to start an attack.

Interception Intelligence

Players anticipate passes and move to shut down options and close passing channels. Smarter teammates will look for space and allow more opportunities to build play through the midfield.

Learn More

Passing With Purpose

A revolution in passing. FIFA 16 lets you play sharp, incisive passes so you can find teammates with precision. Using a new mechanic, ping driven ground passes to find teammates in tight spaces to open up your attacking options.

Learn More

Moments of Magic

Create more WOW moments. In FIFA 16 players will have that cutting edge every team needs to create moments of magic and unlock defenses.

No Touch Dribbling

The best touch can be the one you don't take. Free yourself from the ball to buy time, create separation, feint, and blow by your defender just as Messi does when he is at his best – it’s near limitless creativity on the ball.

Learn More

Dynamic Crossing

Send that cross in! Authentic crosses let you find teammates with greater accuracy. Attacking players run onto and attack the ball with intent, making defenses scramble as crosses are played behind the back line with vicious intent.

Learn More

Clinical Finishing

Strike the ball right and finish like a pro. Better placement of the foot and ankle gives players variety in shooting and goals scored. You'll be able to feel where the ball is struck and adjust your approach for improved accuracy and power.

Learn More

Compete at a Higher Level

FIFA Trainer

Reach your potential with FIFA Trainer. Learn as you play with an optional graphic overlay that prompts you with gameplay options depending on your position on the pitch and trainer level. Basic commands get you started, while deeper hints will improve the game of the most skilled players.

Learn More

New Ways to Play

Women's National Teams

Women are IN THE GAME. Compete as 12 Women's National Teams, for the first time in the FIFA franchise, in Kick Off, an Offline Tournament, and Online Friendly Matches.

In The Game

Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 jrose57 @ 06/15/15 11:28 PM
Steve, can you please tell me, in career mode, there are conference cups for me who love to use teams from Asia, North America, because I really don't want to play the domestic league and cup games EVERY SEASON, I want to challenge other teams in the continent, this is all I am asking for. Thank you.

# 22 Turbojugend @ 06/15/15 11:41 PM
Reviewing the trailer, they showed the stadiums of Borussia Monchengladbach and Olympique de Marseille in addition to the previously mentioned Centurylink Field in Seattle. So those are three we can add to the new stadium list.

# 23 HenryClay1844 @ 06/15/15 11:43 PM
Honestly even though I am putting all my hopes on improved CM this e3 for FIFA was better than last year. All they had last year was emotions, footprints and corner flags. Hearing a lot of positives about gameplay from those who playtested. Its not unti July that EA normally talks CM or FUT.

# 24 talucchesi @ 06/16/15 02:32 AM
"FIFA 16 gives you the tools to stop your opponent with confidence. Move with greater freedom as a defender - rely on your team to defend as a unit, and your back line to track menacing runs to create balance between attacking and defending."

# 25 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 06/16/15 06:58 AM
I don't know soccer as well as I do other sports so I probably gloss over some of the little things, but I'll be pretty happy to buy 16 if they simply fix the angles that AI defenders take and continue to make some small improvements in the gameplay elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 26 kwebbvols4423 @ 06/16/15 07:25 AM
I like what I see. I think FIFA realizes they need to make many gameplay improvements. Now can we get a revamped career mode?!?!?

# 27 PPerfect_CJ @ 06/16/15 09:19 AM
3 different pre-order options and ALL of them are about FUT. Why am I not surprised? There had better be massive improvements with the game itself.

# 28 KG @ 06/16/15 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
FWIW:

http://news.futhead.com/posts/fifa-1...ay-impressions

http://news.futhead.com/posts/fifa-1...meplay-details

The Futhead guys are really big (and really critical) on FIFA gameplay, in the above article they're already touting 16 as a significant leap forward and the best in the series. Then again, they're also known for getting hyped early and posting lengthy complaint articles around launch.

One thing they mentioned that did make me happy was slower gameplay. Every year I have to crank FIFA (and PES) down to the slowest speed to get a fairly well-paced game, maybe this will finally be a thing of that past.
loved this line from the article you linked"

Quote:
In FIFA 16 the game is played much more in front of you, than behind you.

# 29 JHedges2 @ 06/16/15 10:08 AM
Quote:
Thank you for posting this.

For those disappointed with yesterday's news, or lack thereof, read the above. I think you will find it to be very promising!

# 30 PPerfect_CJ @ 06/16/15 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Thank you for posting this.

For those disappointed with yesterday's news, or lack thereof, read the above. I think you will find it to be very promising!
I wish that I could talk to someone playing this and ask them to edit a player and then play a game in the rain or snow and see if they have sleeves. I really want to know if that bug is fixed.

# 31 JHedges2 @ 06/16/15 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
I wish that I could talk to someone playing this and ask them to edit a player and then play a game in the rain or snow and see if they have sleeves. I really want to know if that bug is fixed.

Me too brother. I wish the "team" at EA was involved here as Russell is with MLBTS. I feel like they (he) is aware of ALL the issues whereas I wonder how "involved" other game's devs are...

# 32 PPerfect_CJ @ 06/16/15 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Me too brother. I wish the "team" at EA was involved here as Russell is with MLBTS. I feel like they (he) is aware of ALL the issues whereas I wonder how "involved" other game's devs are...

I've never seen ANYone from FIFA in here. You can't even talk to them on twitter about things, because they just ignore you and push FUT. It's so frustrating. We want to help, but they just don't care. I know they have the biggest video game on the planet, but I'm not sure they realize how much PES is closing in on them. If they ever get licensing, FIFA may be in some trouble.

# 33 Turbojugend @ 06/16/15 11:27 AM
The good news is -- as a lot of you guys have already said -- the immediate focus is squarely on gameplay. I'm pretty sure Career Mode announcements are coming. New stadium announcements are coming. We all know FUT announcements are coming. But for now, EA wants to let us know how they've improved the game on the pitch, and I don't know how that could possibly be a negative.

# 34 Resurrection403 @ 06/16/15 11:35 AM
Quote:
The good news is -- as a lot of you guys have already said -- the immediate focus is squarely on gameplay. I'm pretty sure Career Mode announcements are coming. New stadium announcements are coming. We all know FUT announcements are coming. But for now, EA wants to let us know how they've improved the game on the pitch, and I don't know how that could possibly be a negative.
How difficult would it have been to include a bullet point "improvements to manager mode"

the fact it wasn't included means it's in no way shape or form guaranteed to happen. That's a massive negative. I fail to see how that's not obvious.

# 35 Turbojugend @ 06/16/15 11:49 AM
Like it or not, this is the way EA chooses to dispatch information. There are no bullet points because they haven't released all of the info yet. For instance, last year we didn't even know about all 20 EPL stadiums until August.

It's like this every year.

# 36 KG @ 06/16/15 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection403
How difficult would it have been to include a bullet point "improvements to manager mode"

the fact it wasn't included means it's in no way shape or form guaranteed to happen. That's a massive negative. I fail to see how that's not obvious.
We're only in Day 2 of E3 and just like Konami, they're not going to release all of their information on Day 1. Maybe they're still working on MM. Besides, there's Gamescom in August which is also another big historical conference where information on footy games gets announced. The game isn't finished yet so perhaps they don't want to put their foot in their mouth and promise stuff they can't deliver on.

Just my .02

# 37 Krebstar @ 06/16/15 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
We're only in Day 2 of E3 and just like Konami, they're not going to release all of their information on Day 1. Maybe they're still working on MM. Besides, there's Gamescom in August which is also another big historical conference where information on footy games gets announced. The game isn't finished yet so perhaps they don't want to put their foot in their mouth and promise stuff they can't deliver on.

Just my .02
Came here to say this about Gamescom—in past years the FIFA team has often said "wait until Gamescom" or "we'll be showcasing that at Gamescom" when it has come to career mode features.

# 38 Resurrection403 @ 06/16/15 01:09 PM
I hope that's the case. I need to see more from ea and Fifa.

# 39 bwiggy33 @ 06/16/15 01:35 PM
I'm actually quite happy with what they released yesterday. I like how it's all gameplay related, because to me I actually like the setup of Career mode. I know it has it's issues and many people don't like it, but when comparing it with Career modes in other games it's pretty darn good. Like others have said though, they normally don't talk about Career mode until further down the line. I just think with soccer there's a lot of tournaments and cups, and at least they cover most of the bases for the top leagues. Whether it's the "Champions Cup", UEFA Euros, World Cup, etc. I pretty much only play in the BPL because of it getting so much attention with Stadiums, faces, TV overlays, etc, so I can't really say much on the other top leagues as far as cups and seasons go. I enjoy it though. I do wish scouting would get an upgrade though.

Either way I think we are in for a great year of soccer. We have one game in PES focusing not only on gameplay (which is already pretty darn good), but also bringing back the editing needed to cover up for the lack of licenses. Then we have FIFA who is good at the little things like licenses, faces, stadiums, and announcing. I've always preferred FIFA over PES because quite honestly I get bored with PES due to it being so basic in aspects other than gameplay. The gameplay is great but there just isn't much life to it. I think PES could be much different in that respect this upcoming year though.

# 40 dubcity @ 06/16/15 02:52 PM
I feel like they've been selling us the same game-play advances for the past 3-4 years, but they just change the wording around to make it seem new.

Controlling the midfield, defending as a unit, clinical finishing ... same game-play, new buzzwordy description. I guess we can only hope that 16 is more like 14 in terms of realistic defensive shape and formations, because that went out the window last year.

Kind of a bummer that they aren't even bothering to pay lip service to improved tactics or teams playing like they do in real life.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.