Home
FIFA 16 News Post

EA Sports has just released their FIFA 16 gameplay trailer from E3, check it out here.

They have also released the FIFA 16 features. Click the links to read more.

Coming September 2015 - Available on XBOX One, PlayStation 4, XBOX 360, PlayStation 3, and PC

FIFA 16 - Play Beautiful

FIFA 16 innovates across the entire pitch to deliver a balanced, authentic, and exciting football experience that lets you play your way, and compete at a higher level. You’ll have Confidence in Defending, take Control in Midfield, and you’ll produce more Moments of Magic than ever before. FIFA 16 – Play Beautiful.

Confidence In Defending

FIFA 16 gives you the tools to stop your opponent with confidence. Move with greater freedom as a defender - rely on your team to defend as a unit, and your back line to track menacing runs to create balance between attacking and defending.

Defensive Agility

Use 25 innovative feature changes to mobility and locomotion to track skilled players. Mobile defenders can close down space and change direction quickly using swing-step behavior to stay with your opponent. You'll feel freedom of movement as you track runs and look to break up attacks.

Learn More

Defend as a Unit

Defend together, win together. Rely on your teammates to cover gaps when you close down an attacker. New defensive AI gives players better awareness of dangerous space on the pitch relative to the ball and their opponent. Your teammates will track back to stop sophisticated attacking runs, and close down angles of attack.

Learn More

New Tackling Fundamentals

Get stuck in and win back the ball with new tackling mechanics and animations. All new slide, standing, and fake tackles make going in for the ball responsive, rewarding, and fun!

Learn More

Control In Midfield

Games are won and lost in the midfield - in FIFA 16, the midfield matters. Stay in possession with patient build-up play or ping clinical passes through space to start an attack.

Interception Intelligence

Players anticipate passes and move to shut down options and close passing channels. Smarter teammates will look for space and allow more opportunities to build play through the midfield.

Learn More

Passing With Purpose

A revolution in passing. FIFA 16 lets you play sharp, incisive passes so you can find teammates with precision. Using a new mechanic, ping driven ground passes to find teammates in tight spaces to open up your attacking options.

Learn More

Moments of Magic

Create more WOW moments. In FIFA 16 players will have that cutting edge every team needs to create moments of magic and unlock defenses.

No Touch Dribbling

The best touch can be the one you don't take. Free yourself from the ball to buy time, create separation, feint, and blow by your defender just as Messi does when he is at his best – it’s near limitless creativity on the ball.

Learn More

Dynamic Crossing

Send that cross in! Authentic crosses let you find teammates with greater accuracy. Attacking players run onto and attack the ball with intent, making defenses scramble as crosses are played behind the back line with vicious intent.

Learn More

Clinical Finishing

Strike the ball right and finish like a pro. Better placement of the foot and ankle gives players variety in shooting and goals scored. You'll be able to feel where the ball is struck and adjust your approach for improved accuracy and power.

Learn More

Compete at a Higher Level

FIFA Trainer

Reach your potential with FIFA Trainer. Learn as you play with an optional graphic overlay that prompts you with gameplay options depending on your position on the pitch and trainer level. Basic commands get you started, while deeper hints will improve the game of the most skilled players.

Learn More

New Ways to Play

Women's National Teams

Women are IN THE GAME. Compete as 12 Women's National Teams, for the first time in the FIFA franchise, in Kick Off, an Offline Tournament, and Online Friendly Matches.

In The Game

Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 sroz39 @ 06/16/15 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
I feel like they've been selling us the same game-play advances for the past 3-4 years, but they just change the wording around to make it seem new.

Controlling the midfield, defending as a unit, clinical finishing ... same game-play, new buzzwordy description. I guess we can only hope that 16 is more like 14 in terms of realistic defensive shape and formations, because that went out the window last year.

Kind of a bummer that they aren't even bothering to pay lip service to improved tactics or teams playing like they do in real life.
I really think that's going to come at a later date. They wanted to push the gameplay stuff and the Pelé trailer and then go from there. Remember, at E3, there are very few sports game fans in the mainstream press that goes to this thing. Alot of people know who Pelé is, very few people would know in FIFA 15 that team variance was below average.

So how are you going to get any attention? With that trailer and those "buzzwords". E3 became a show that gave me a glimpse of what the year's sports games will look like and not much beyond that long ago.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

# 42 PPerfect_CJ @ 06/16/15 03:09 PM
I'll say ONE good thing about what we have seen so far. Harry Kane has a real face!

# 43 JHedges2 @ 06/16/15 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
I'll say ONE good thing about what we have seen so far. Harry Kane has a real face!
#glasshalffull lol.

Yesterday wasn't ground breaking by any means, but from what (little) has been released, it sounds as if they're attempting to fix some things we want fixed.

I eagerly anticipate more information in the coming weeks--and will hold judgement until I get a chance to sample the gameplay myself.

# 44 Turbojugend @ 06/16/15 04:15 PM
Another tremendously positive article focusing solely on hands-on gameplay:

http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/fifa-16-preview/

# 45 Matt10 @ 06/17/15 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend

Yes, well done, that's the site orion and I write for on occasion.

# 46 RoyceDa59 @ 06/17/15 03:28 AM
There are a lot of issues I have with FIFA15 but those impressions sound pretty good if there are really focused on making the midfield play much more relevant, it has always been an issue with FIFA for me.

# 47 xicpanad @ 06/17/15 04:20 AM
I can´t say I´m not excited as well with these infos, but I´m old enough to say also: I´ll believe it when I see it.

# 48 Weisszach @ 06/17/15 07:41 AM
I think this is a transitional period for FIFA and PES will come to the forefront but this is normal and been happening for years. They will still get the core players which will bring the revenue and lets be honest, that's all they care about. They are not bothered about the gamers but about the profits. Try something new people.

# 49 Money99 @ 06/17/15 10:06 AM
Quote:

Thank-you for posting this!
It's made me re-consider FIFA over PES this year.

So glad to hear that individuals and teams play more like their real-life counterparts instead of the CPU getting boosts so that everyone and every team plays the same.

# 50 JHedges2 @ 06/17/15 10:31 AM
Quote:

Indeed thanks for posting. Sounds like the gameplay is REMARKABLY improved.

I hope we all agree when we get a chance to play it ourselves #cantwait...

# 51 KG @ 06/17/15 10:57 AM
The bad part is that you know the demo will be like 3 minute halves meaning the pace will be break-neck.

# 52 Turbojugend @ 06/17/15 11:07 AM
http://news.futhead.com/posts/podcas...fifa-16-reveal

Pretty much required listening if you're interested in FIFA 16.

# 53 dubcity @ 06/17/15 02:37 PM
I guess it's back to FIFA 14 with regards to pace and defense, which I'm okay with. Too easy to sprint through the midfield in 15. Those midfielders needs to help out the back 4 and actually sit back and defend.

# 54 poster @ 06/17/15 02:46 PM
IGN demo was earlier, I think.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/06/17...n-live-e3-2015

Watching now, like the improvements. Just hope the team differentiation is more pronounced and tactics have more of an effect.

# 55 RoyceDa59 @ 06/17/15 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
IGN demo was earlier, I think.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/06/17...n-live-e3-2015

Watching now, like the improvements. Just hope the team differentiation is more pronounced and tactics have more of an effect.
I hope so too, it is one of the reason why I don't enjoy Fifa for long, it just isn't fun IMO playing as the elite teams.

# 56 piffbernd @ 06/17/15 08:19 PM
If FIFA 16 has Coop manager mode is my deal breaker. Hope they do with improve Progression of Player, it can't be that u have to wait until 26 that a goalkeeper is improving. Youth squad player must be patched, too.

# 57 number1thumbs @ 06/18/15 09:36 PM
Play Beautifully...

# 58 SpritePuck @ 06/20/15 12:19 PM
Will be purchasing to show support that they listened and included women in the game.

But why they listen yet don't really listen kills me. Us girl gamers want to play as women. By limiting even the offline use we still are an afterthought. The fact that if I want to put a female player in my offline career mode is not an option, is just crazy. So, there are women players that can basically be used in exhibition matches. I get it, no women can play on men's clubs irl but since I can edit Danny Rose and make him a pacey striker and put him on PSG and move them to the BPL for my offline CM, why not let me place Alex Morgan on a team? If I want to change the sim authenticity why not let me?

IDK maybe someday game producers will get that yes we love the sim aspect of sports games but allow us the freedom to choose. I remeber when in FIFA I could edit players age and Nationality. I get why that went away. But just do not understand why if the player model is in the game, why on earth, in offline play do I not get to choose if I use them.

As I stated elsewhere..

"As a female gamer I love this. Yet, as a female gamer I hate this.

So, I have to show support and buy the game. To then be frustrated that after I make offline tournaments and do that for a while it is back to CM and I can not use any of the women players.

Oh, I can edit Luke Shaw make him a pacey striker on Real Madrid and place them in the BPL. But put Alex Morgan on a low level club in Europe, I think not, because she is a girl.

IDK... I am going to buy the game but the limited use in offline modes is almost heartbreaking and I seriously am disapointed. Basically finally I get a female player model but since she is a girl I can't use her in any mode with longevity.

Never been so excited about something that also makes me want to cry."

# 59 Review @ 06/20/15 07:14 PM
The soccer blog made some good points, esp about Barca and Dortmund playing realistically. Fifa has the lead for me at this point as I've grown tired of the editing process that comes with purchasing PES. Nowadays I just want to plug and play

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 60 Matt10 @ 06/20/15 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpritePuck
Will be purchasing to show support that they listened and included women in the game.

But why they listen yet don't really listen kills me. Us girl gamers want to play as women. By limiting even the offline use we still are an afterthought. The fact that if I want to put a female player in my offline career mode is not an option, is just crazy. So, there are women players that can basically be used in exhibition matches. I get it, no women can play on men's clubs irl but since I can edit Danny Rose and make him a pacey striker and put him on PSG and move them to the BPL for my offline CM, why not let me place Alex Morgan on a team? If I want to change the sim authenticity why not let me?

IDK maybe someday game producers will get that yes we love the sim aspect of sports games but allow us the freedom to choose. I remeber when in FIFA I could edit players age and Nationality. I get why that went away. But just do not understand why if the player model is in the game, why on earth, in offline play do I not get to choose if I use them.

As I stated elsewhere..

"As a female gamer I love this. Yet, as a female gamer I hate this.

So, I have to show support and buy the game. To then be frustrated that after I make offline tournaments and do that for a while it is back to CM and I can not use any of the women players.

Oh, I can edit Luke Shaw make him a pacey striker on Real Madrid and place them in the BPL. But put Alex Morgan on a low level club in Europe, I think not, because she is a girl.

IDK... I am going to buy the game but the limited use in offline modes is almost heartbreaking and I seriously am disapointed. Basically finally I get a female player model but since she is a girl I can't use her in any mode with longevity.

Never been so excited about something that also makes me want to cry."
I'm just thinking out loud here, but could it be the benefit and curse of having the FIFA license, in particular the women's national teams? My thinking is that EA may have to actually purchase rights for the NWSL before allowing certain customization to occur. Again, I have no idea and someone with more education on this should chime in, but that's just a thought to possibly consider.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.