Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports has just released their Madden NFL 16 gameplay trailer, featured at the EA E3 2015 press event. Watch it and post your impressions!

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 DeuceDouglas @ 06/15/15 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeter2
The stream was mind blowing but Madden looks solid. At this point a lot will bother people animation wise but it looks like they improved a lot of gameplay elements.
Yeah, I don't know. I need to see it more actually in game but that was very mehh.

# 42 aholbert32 @ 06/15/15 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
That is still bad. That catch doesn't happen more than once a year. Especially since we probably won't see a catch like that again. At least for awhile.
Its a video game. Once in 40 hours is pretty rare. People want to see OBJ do that catch...just not all the time.

# 43 The JareBear @ 06/15/15 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
Will OS put up the replay on IGN? I missed it!
I am sure there will be replay posted once the stream finishes

# 44 aholbert32 @ 06/15/15 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeter2
Players have a penalty rating this year. I like that a lot
That is awesome. I'm gonna experiment with that before I start a CFM since we cant adjust ratings after a CFM starts.

# 45 Skyboxer @ 06/15/15 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
$1,000,000 question

Do the CPU AI WR/DB use the different types of catches? That's all I want to know.
I believe it was posted that Kolbe or someone confirmed the AI will use the additions on their own.. We'll see.

# 46 DeuceDouglas @ 06/15/15 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
And I saw the ball pop high in the air after the defender interfered.
I did like that. I just fear that it will happen every single time. And when they had the little blurb about the "RAC Catch" I cringed "adjust your route so you can attempt to gain extra yards after the catch". Seems like they really are pushing these unbelievable one handed catches as well. I think I saw two that were Beckham worthy.

# 47 BleedGreen710 @ 06/15/15 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear

They did just show a DB trapping a WRs arm, that was cool. I am assuming PI got called on that one

They also showed a play on the low throw to a curl where the DB behind the WR did the "interception animation even though I am directly behind the WR," which isn't cool.
there was also a play with a jump ball where it looked like the defender had it but the WR came up with it (looked like he took it away from the defender). that was pretty cool especially if they have one where the defender comes up with it. that would create some neat 'whos got it?!?!?' moments in the passing game that i've not ever had in madden before

# 48 BleedGreen710 @ 06/15/15 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
That is awesome. I'm gonna experiment with that before I start a CFM since we cant adjust ratings after a CFM starts.
is this confirmed? no player edits in CFM?

# 49 Skyboxer @ 06/15/15 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I did like that. I just fear that it will happen every single time. And when they had the little blurb about the "RAC Catch" I cringed "adjust your route so you can attempt to gain extra yards after the catch". Seems like they really are pushing these unbelievable one handed catches as well. I think I saw two that were Beckham worthy.
Wish they would have shown the rest of the play.. just to see if players go after it or do the "end of play" animations.

# 50 aholbert32 @ 06/15/15 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
is this confirmed? no player edits in CFM?
It wasnt in last years game and they havent announced its in this years game. You cant edit ratings but you can edit equipment.

# 51 BleedGreen710 @ 06/15/15 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear

They also showed a play on the low throw to a curl where the DB behind the WR did the "interception animation even though I am directly behind the WR," which isn't cool.
this was kinda addressed on this blog https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/...den-16-defense

Play Ball (Ball Hawk) is back and has been heavily revised to ensure the most aggressive path possible to the ball. As with past years, the user plays the ball by holding the Y/Triangle button as soon as the pass is released.
Play Ball is the best way to challenge the receiver for the catch, but comes at the risk of triggering a catch animation behind the receiver and giving up a big play.

# 52 DeuceDouglas @ 06/15/15 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Wish they would have shown the rest of the play.. just to see if players go after it or do the "end of play" animations.
It did look like Kuechly started going after the ball. I just worry it could end up with something similar to the thing that used to happen where you'd get hit as you throw and the ball would float up in the air and constantly get picked by offensive lineman. I don't want to see a ton of pick opportunities on those plays. Now, if there was a lot of occasions where the ball was tipped around and the players had trouble locating and getting to the ball as it fell I'd love to see that.

# 53 reverend_heat @ 06/15/15 05:27 PM
I honestly cant believe they mocapped the ODB catch, oh wait, its EA, yes I can. Luckily we get 2 players with tats this year soooooo, thats good.

# 54 jeremym480 @ 06/15/15 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel4Reel
"Captured in game".

Yeah...okay.

EA continues to do that even though everyone knows better.

Not sure why its always called a gameplay trailer when there isnt a single second of actual gameplay footage in the videos.
"Captured in game" as in the cut scene that plays at the beginning of the game (see the Cam Newton/Luke Kuechly intro in Madden 15 that looks much better than the actual game).

Other than that I'm interested in seeing how the AI handles these catches. I don't want to catch manually because users already had a big enough advantage of the CPU, they don't need anything more.

Lastly, the QB throwing high/low has been the game for years now. I'm not sure how they're passing that one off as a new feature.

I was already leaning towards no buy and what little we saw/heard today didn't do anything to move me to the other side of the fence.

# 55 The JareBear @ 06/15/15 05:27 PM
Quote:
this was kinda addressed on this blog https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/...den-16-defense

Play Ball (Ball Hawk) is back and has been heavily revised to ensure the most aggressive path possible to the ball. As with past years, the user plays the ball by holding the Y/Triangle button as soon as the pass is released.
Play Ball is the best way to challenge the receiver for the catch, but comes at the risk of triggering a catch animation behind the receiver and giving up a big play.
Gotcha. I see. Thanks for the heads up, I missed that point

# 56 bowld @ 06/15/15 05:29 PM
Have to wait until we get some real gameplay vids but as of right now that EA conference did nothing to get me amped up for Madden 16

# 57 Miles Perry @ 06/15/15 05:29 PM
I was a little bummed with the Madden E3.. Was hoping to see some game footage or hear about the connected franchise.. Still trying to decide if I'm gonna buy the game. Haven't played Madden since like 2010, but since NCAA has been discontinued I'm wanting a football game on my PS4 :/

# 58 Junior Moe @ 06/15/15 05:34 PM
Not gonna get hysterical or anything, but I honestly expected a bit more than this. I'm a realist, I know what Madden is. Still, I can't help but feel underwhelmed...especially after Rex's comments a few days ago. It is what it is.

# 59 The JareBear @ 06/15/15 05:36 PM
The clips they showed definitely showcased some big improvements in WR/DB interactions.

I am absolutely looking forward to seeing footage of in-game action (as in someone holding a controller playing it on screen) from the booths in the upcoming days

If the AI controlled players play to their ratings and take full advantage of the play the ball/play the receiver mechanics, I will be all-in on trying to get back into online CFM

# 60 BleedGreen710 @ 06/15/15 05:37 PM
Quote:
i'd have much preferred the receivers ratings determining whether they go for aggresive catch, posession catch, etc. rather then just picking whatever you want. sounds really gimmicky
hey guys turns out they actually do!

from the blog

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/...6-passing-game

WIDE RECEIVER AI TRAITS

Each WR has a new series of traits that determine which types of catches they look for when under AI control. This includes the RAC, Aggressive, and Possession traits. Throwing the right route to the right receiver and using catch mechanics linked to traits is a critical strategic component in Madden NFL 16.

AWESOME!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.