Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

Sean O'Brien, executive producer on NBA Live 16, decided to show off the team's new face-scanning tech, dubbed GameFaceHD, at the start of the presentation. It will be a companion app you can download before the game comes out, according to O'Brien.

In practice, it all looked very simple. You take your phone, hold it up to your face -- halting to look left and right before looking back to the center -- before that image is then uploaded on the app within a couple minutes. From there, it was not made clear how this image then makes it into the game, but presumably the image of your face is brought over to NBA Live 16 by tying your EA account on the app to the same EA account you use in various EA games.

The example they showed did look very impressive in-game, and if the process is truly as seamless as it seemed this will be a nice upgrade to the old "GameFace" tech that EA used in the past. In addition, one can only assume that on some level all this focus on bringing your own character into the world will lead to some sort of "Be A Pro" online mode, but as of now EA is only saying a new NBA Live mode will be revealed later this year.

Lastly, you have to wonder if this tech will slowly makes its way to other EA Sports games in the future.

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Goffs @ 06/15/15 06:29 PM
I'm impressed....looking forward to see how 5on5 will look!

# 2 nick_sr @ 06/15/15 06:33 PM
Happy about this! Those genetic faces or whatever they gave u were brutal!

# 3 porkys8077 @ 06/15/15 06:52 PM
I like what i'm seeing.

# 4 mlp111 @ 06/15/15 07:01 PM
they spent 2yrs creating live motion? So it isn't anything new, just a new name for a new game. Game looks good, minus some of those same stiff animations seen in previous lives. I actually like what im seeing though. But why so choppy?

# 5 rbfn04 @ 06/15/15 07:25 PM
No excuses. Now EA said they spent TWO years building it. Put up, or shut up time

# 6 snc237 @ 06/15/15 07:27 PM
This better Jump to the other games newer year! Preferably NHLs eashl

# 7 NoTiCe_O @ 06/15/15 07:28 PM
I like how releasing early or late just changes your percentages of hitting the shot, not entirely negating the fact that it could go in. I started to get really good at shooting in Live 15 (especially w. Melo)

I feel like this should make it even more fun than it is now; and I'm having a good amount of fun.

# 8 Tybudd @ 06/15/15 07:34 PM
OK NBA2k, now its your turn, what you got for us in the new title!!

# 9 Izzy Snow @ 06/15/15 07:36 PM
I gotta say, a lot of the ideas that I requested numerous and countless times (when I was) on Twitter are being added. GameFace for Rising Star, using RS player for Live Run which I know isn't confirmed yet but they hinted at their video, etc. Color me impressed. My hype level went from a 6/10 to a 8/10. Now if they can just improved the post-game and the commentary as I've also stressed many times, then we might just have a true competitor to 2K. I personally like both games so I love seeing the competition and I especially love how EA is going right at 2K. Kudos EA!

# 10 ccoaxum @ 06/15/15 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k16
Dont forget about playbooks. Live has been behind in this for a while and this live 15 play calling system is very basic.
i agree, the playbooks use to be legit in Live but recently it has been basic but it has been easier to use tho.

# 11 ccoaxum @ 06/15/15 08:21 PM
i'm hoping the scan face works good and not be like 2k's failure smh

# 12 nick_sr @ 06/15/15 08:24 PM
I seriously hope they have a lot of hairstyles and I can edit my beard

# 13 twogotwingz3 @ 06/15/15 08:33 PM
Live looks pretty good and dude was throwing MEAN shots at 2k!!!! 2K better step up!!!!!!

# 14 ccoaxum @ 06/15/15 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
I seriously hope they have a lot of hairstyles and I can edit my beard
did you see the hairstyle they showed in the video during the conference?

# 15 Izzy Snow @ 06/15/15 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
i agree, the playbooks use to be legit in Live but recently it has been basic but it has been easier to use tho.
I agree about the playbooks as well. Live 10 had a pretty deep playbook and I also liked how you call and ran the plays. Here's to hoping!

# 16 nick_sr @ 06/15/15 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
did you see the hairstyle they showed in the video during the conference?
Ye that's the one from the past 2 years. Hopefully we can edit

# 17 jaychitown312 @ 06/15/15 10:32 PM
Get em EA, show em that you created this B Ball stuff

# 18 RayRay34 @ 06/16/15 12:28 AM
Dayum EA! Liked last year's game and this one's looking even better. Give me some classic teams and FIBA teams and I promise, no NBA 2k16 for me this year.

# 19 hesko @ 06/16/15 08:08 AM
Great to see live looking like basketball for a change. Good work Live team. Keep pushing forward.

# 20 AusBot @ 06/16/15 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay34
Dayum EA! Liked last year's game and this one's looking even better. Give me some classic teams and FIBA teams and I promise, no NBA 2k16 for me this year.
If they've got FIBA teams are they likely to use FIBA courts or will it be NBA style courts and threes? If they do then I'm sold.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.