Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

Sean O’Brien, Executive Producer of NBA Live 16 has confirmed sliders will finally be in the game this year and the new game mode will be announced at Gamescom in early August.

Those were just a couple of notes from his recent Q&A on the official NBA Live Twitter feed. Below are the questions and answers that were revealed on the feed. Another Q&A is scheduled for later today.

How is player "explosiveness" handled this year, for players with a quick first step?

Ratings and signature animation packages provide the differentiation you're looking for.

Signature jumpshots for created and non created players?

Yessir!

When will the new mode be announced?

At Gamescom!

Will there be sliders and edit player?

Yes, we're finally giving you guys sliders.

Are we able to scan multiple faces into the game and create our custom roster?

Yup, you can have up to 5 scanned heads In The Game at once. Player customization is greatly improved across all game modes.

What are the biggest changes to Live 16?

Biggest jump you'll see is in gameplay... control and animation quality. And what's coming at Gamescom.

Are there more game modes coming for Live 16?

Yes.

Catch n Go game improved? It was noticeably improved in 15, hopefully it's more precise in 16.

Yes. Catch-and-shoot as well. Noticeable improvements. Passing/catching in general is night and day.

Any changes to the arena sounds / atmosphere?

Both regular season and Playoffs atmosphere, including #NBAFinals, are greatly improved. Commentary too.

Will we be able to block dunks or are they still one unstoppable animation?

You can absolutely block dunks now. We'll start posting some of those for you to see later in the summer.

Paint cheese was in full effect last year, I know yall took care of that right??

Yep. The paint is a cheese-free zone now.

Will gameplay/animations be a lot more smoother this year?

YES!!

How do you plan on achieving that realism from each NBA player in the league in #NBALIVE16?

Through improved player likeness, AI and animation.

Will facescan HD make use of PlayStation Camera and Microsoft Kinect or smartphone only?

iOS and Android smart phones only. The goal was to maximize convenience and user experience.

What improvements have been made on the defensive side of the ball?

Huge jump in AI, on-ball control, and some really cool improvements away from the ball as well.

Will they be signature jumpshots available in rising star?

Yes. Customization, both in how you look and how you play, will be available in Rising Star Mode.

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 DonWuan @ 06/16/15 10:53 AM
Finally. Main thing missing from previous games

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

# 2 The 24th Letter @ 06/16/15 10:55 AM

# 3 DJ @ 06/16/15 10:58 AM
Yes! This is a really big addition for Live.

Also sounds like they've looked into the points in the paint issue from last year. If that's cleaned up and we can actually hit mid-range/3-point shots without needing 5 feet of space, that will really go a long way to improving the gameplay.

# 4 Junior Moe @ 06/16/15 11:05 AM
It looks like Live is coming with the heat this year!

# 5 aholbert32 @ 06/16/15 11:06 AM
Like the sliders addition. Disappointed that he didnt answer about editing players which probably means thats not in the game.

# 6 JODYE @ 06/16/15 11:11 AM
Sliders and signature styles and the ability to customize!!???

# 7 Tonyattia @ 06/16/15 11:33 AM
Pretty much guaranteed player editing if we can change jump shots for non created players.. Looks like all editing we usually have is in game( create a player, edit current players) hopefully we can make trades, cuts, sign free agents and change the minute rotations and maybe edit contracts?? Although if they don't have a way to share online... It's kinda a bummer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 8 Earl1963 @ 06/16/15 11:50 AM
Love Live 15 and looking forward to 16.

Sent using a telephone

# 9 DJ @ 06/16/15 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Like the sliders addition. Disappointed that he didnt answer about editing players which probably means thats not in the game.
Or it's similar to NHL where you can edit players, but there's no ability to share the edits/roster.

# 10 cthurt @ 06/16/15 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyattia
Pretty much guaranteed player editing if we can change jump shots for non created players.. Looks like all editing we usually have is in game( create a player, edit current players) hopefully we can make trades, cuts, sign free agents and change the minute rotations and maybe edit contracts?? Although if they don't have a way to share online... It's kinda a bummer

Yea it seems as if he wanted to tip toe around the edit player question as much as possible without letting the cat out the bag possibly waiting for a big announcement about it later, but there was enough hints to see that edit player is back in some way, which is a big plus for me.

# 11 TSGuy @ 06/16/15 12:51 PM
I really feel NBA Live 17/18 may go over 2K

# 12 asu666 @ 06/16/15 01:01 PM
I'd still like to see in-game saves. I play full quarters, but it is rare I get a full hour-and-a-half to play straight through.

# 13 scottyp180 @ 06/16/15 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSGuy
I really feel NBA Live 17/18 may go over 2K
I'd hold of your expectations for now. This looks and sounds good but there is stI'll a lot for Live to prove. We still need to see how gameplay looks during an actual game (oppose to quick clips in a trailer) and more importantly feel the changes.

We also need to see what 2k is bringing to the table. We can't assume 2k will remain stagnant as Live progresses. Don't get me wrong I love everything from Live 16 so far. This is the most excited I've been for Live in ages. But I want to see what 2k has planned before I get overly excited for Live.

# 14 CMH @ 06/16/15 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Yes. Exactly.

# 15 Playmakers @ 06/16/15 04:00 PM
Quote:

I don't recall any verison of Live that allowed us to change a players name

We could edit ratings and tendency but not their name, height or weight in years past.

If they allow us to edit every aspect of a player that would be amazing IMO....

It sets us up to have the ability to create all kinds of rosters in Live for the 1st time ever.....get the players to perform the way we choose to handle their tendencies and team style of play.

And last but not least SLIDERS, SLIDERS and SLIDERS.....this is a major addition to Live 16. I don't think EA realized just how important having the ability to fix issues ourselves or create our own user style gameplay means to the Community...

This place has been a ghost town compared to NBA 2K for the past few years when it comes to the NBA Live Slider and roster sections.....

All I've ever wanted out of the series was improved animations, editing ability and sliders put back into the game.

If all this holds true then maybe EA has found away to win back thousands of fans they jumped ship after Live 06 or 07 since the PS2 days that is how long it's been IMO since the game has been released with a complete package of greatness.

# 16 WTF @ 06/16/15 04:02 PM
Knew you would be amped about the sliders PM, lol.

# 17 Playmakers @ 06/16/15 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Knew you would be amped about the sliders PM, lol.
100% excited about Sliders that words can't describe....

hopefully you'll keep pushing them though to give us that complete NBA Live experience like we used to have back in the days.

# 18 Tonyattia @ 06/16/15 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I don't recall any verison of Live that allowed us to change a players name

We could edit ratings and tendency but not their name, height or weight in years past.

If they allow us to edit every aspect of a player that would be amazing IMO....

It sets us up to have the ability to create all kinds of rosters in Live for the 1st time ever.....get the players to perform the way we choose to handle their tendencies and team style of play.

And last but not least SLIDERS, SLIDERS and SLIDERS.....this is a major addition to Live 16. I don't think EA realized just how important having the ability to fix issues ourselves or create our own user style gameplay means to the Community...

This place has been a ghost town compared to NBA 2K for the past few years when it comes to the NBA Live Slider and roster sections.....

All I've ever wanted out of the series was improved animations, editing ability and sliders put back into the game.

If all this holds true then maybe EA has found away to win back thousands of fans they jumped ship after Live 06 or 07 since the PS2 days that is how long it's been IMO since the game has been released with a complete package of greatness.

Well why would you want to change a players name? Why would you want to change like Lebrons name or Chris Paul's? Same w height and weight, those are their actual measurements give or take an inch or some pounds

# 19 El_Poopador @ 06/16/15 05:21 PM
Quote:
Well why would you want to change a players name? Why would you want to change like Lebrons name or Chris Paul's? Same w height and weight, those are their actual measurements give or take an inch or some pounds

Because Ron Artest.

# 20 JODYE @ 06/16/15 05:28 PM
Damn, looks like I'm going to get sucked back into roster editing.

-Sigh-

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.