Home
FIFA 16 News Post

For the first time ever, FIFA fans will get to decide who ends up on the cover, joining Lionel Messi on this year's game. The cover vote will be done in five specific regions, with multiple chances to vote through the closing of voting on July 5.

The five regional covers will be: Australia, France, Latin America, Mexico, and the UK. Despite the fact Americans aren't choosing a cover, you can still vote for players in the other five regions.

Quote:
"WHO ARE WE VOTING FOR?
Each of the five participating regions have a certain number of eligible athletes that can be featured alongside global cover athlete, Lionel Messi. Cover candidates will be revealed on June 16.

HOW DOES THE VOTING WORK?

You vote by visiting the respective country voting pages. From there, select the player you want on the cover, confirm your choice and your vote has been cast.

Each vote you cast is worth one (1) point, you can vote like this once a day until the voting closes on July 5.

There are a few ways to cast additional votes:
  • Every time you vote you can share your support on Twitter. When you do this, you give your favorite player an extra 10 points.
  • You can also give them more points by playing FIFA 15. When you vote for your player through the portal, you will be given the option to link your Origin ID. Once linked, actions you perform in FIFA 15 will go towards your player.
  • Points earned through FIFA 15:
    • .5 point for every game you play in FIFA 15, regardless of mode
    • .5 point for every game you win in FIFA 15, regardless of mode
    • .25 point for every goal you score in FIFA 15, regardless of mode
      • Points from in-game play are rewarded regardless of the clubs, players or modes you choose. You must have your Origin ID linked in order to earn points this way."

Full details on the cover vote are still forthcoming, including who you can vote for and the direct link. But we'll be keeping an eye on it and updating as new information comes available.

Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 dubcity @ 06/16/15 03:15 PM
I hope in NA we aren't just stuck with USMNT or El Tri players. Unless Landon Donovan still counts....

# 2 PPerfect_CJ @ 06/16/15 04:10 PM
As a Red's supporter, it's still hard to vote for Hendo. Not super thrilled about him as our new captain, either.

# 3 Chargers_Are_The_Bes @ 06/17/15 03:59 AM
Can we get someone besides Messi.I dont watch soccer like that but jeez Ronaldo is pretty good to lol

# 4 conorjhill @ 06/18/15 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargers_Are_The_Bes
Can we get someone besides Messi.I dont watch soccer like that but jeez Ronaldo is pretty good to lol
Ronaldo has a deal with Konami to be on the cover PES, EA aren't allowed to use him

# 5 RoyceDa59 @ 06/18/15 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargers_Are_The_Bes
I am seeing a lot of people on this forum feeling this way. Messi is like best football player on the planet but I would like to see something more creative from sports game when its comes to cover art, like throw a collage of the worlds best football players on the cover and it can appeal to everyone.

# 6 orion523 @ 06/20/15 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
As a Red's supporter, it's still hard to vote for Hendo. Not super thrilled about him as our new captain, either.
I'm curious, what is it about Henderson that you don't like? I personally find him to be one of the best young English CM's in the game, if not the best. On top of that he has that captain's swagger about him as well, a leader of men as FIFA puts it.

# 7 razorkaos @ 06/21/15 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by conorjhill
Ronaldo has a deal with Konami to be on the cover PES, EA aren't allowed to use him

Neymar is The new poster boy for PES

# 8 Cod @ 06/26/15 08:26 PM
One year, EA needs to show love to the men between the sticks. I'd love the cover of my version (USA) be Tim Howard and a European counterpart. Someone like Manuel Neuer would be cool.

# 9 dubcity @ 07/10/15 02:41 PM
Jordan Henderson won, lol. Hopefully they don't put this to a vote next year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.