Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

GT Reviews has posted a new Madden NFL 16 video featuring Senior Producer, Seann Graddy, Creative Director Kolbe Launchbaugh and Creative Director Rex Dickson, as they go over the new Draft Champions mode and also show off some gameplay starting at roughly the 8:35 mark. Check it out and post your thoughts!

Thanks @austin_holder and The JareBear!

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 snc237 @ 06/16/15 10:03 PM
Wow that tackling looks way better. I'm excited to try this mode

# 22 1stdraftpick @ 06/16/15 10:16 PM
The game play looks really good, much improved from M15!! I would have loved to see more running and an example of "hit the hole logic". Also, that last deep catch by Jordy Nelson he was never touched by the defender so I am confused as to why the play was called down?! ... Thoughts?

# 23 tnixen @ 06/16/15 10:18 PM
Those QB drop back animations and the way they hold the ball just flat out looks awful!

I am skipping Madden 16 most likely so let down by that gameplay video.

# 24 HealyMonster @ 06/16/15 10:25 PM
Game looks pretty darn good in my book, can't wait to see more stuff! A lot of the presentation stuff I saw actually looked good.

# 25 johnnyg713 @ 06/16/15 10:29 PM
Watch the INT at 14:35. Then watch the slow motion replay. That is 100% PI.

# 26 Skyboxer @ 06/16/15 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
Not according to NFL.

remember:
Spoiler

# 27 DeuceDouglas @ 06/16/15 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
Yeah, I watched it and I don't know. It looked like one of those where if it gets called, it gets called and if it doesn't, it doesn't. Hopefully those 50-50 type things are possible with the penalties.

One thing I wouldn't mind seeing in the future is referee crews that are more strict or lenient on certain penalties like this.

# 28 The JareBear @ 06/16/15 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Yeah, I watched it and I don't know. It looked like one of those where if it gets called, it gets called and if it doesn't, it doesn't. Hopefully those 50-50 type things are possible with the penalties.

One thing I wouldn't mind seeing in the future is referee crews that are more strict or lenient on certain penalties like this.
Yeah that would be cool if different ref crews were distinguished and had their own "stats" as far as likelihood of certain calls.

# 29 Skyboxer @ 06/16/15 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Yeah that would be cool if different ref crews were distinguished and had their own "stats" as far as likelihood of certain calls.
Then we'd get a ton of hate posts about calls not being made or made like with MLB The Shows UMP strike zone differences... BUT I'd love that aspect in Madden.

# 30 MAGboyswifT27 @ 06/16/15 10:52 PM
There's a lot that I like from this video. The tackling looks a lot better. At times you can see the WR/DB interactions which is nice. It's unfortunate that it looks the same as Madden 15 with the play calling screens and score bar. I also have a feeling that the equipment will be the same with no options to change it.

# 31 The JareBear @ 06/16/15 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringbacksimfootball
+ This video perfectly illustrated how the new catch mechanics are going to be abused. All of this high-point jumping in the air. This is like Super High Impact Football or something. This is ridiculous
My only thing here, and I know I already said this but just saying, I think the point of the video was to show off the new passing mechanics, as well as the DBs playing the ball, which is he played on pro or rookie (not sure which) and had a clear ratings advantage over the CPU team.

CM is at E3 and has posted his impression from today after playing it that on AP or higher the aggressive high point catches are not money at all.

# 32 jpdavis82 @ 06/16/15 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringbacksimfootball
Doesn't matter, because the fact that it's in there, people are going to abuse it. The majority of the people who buy this game aren't sim players and will see no problem with jumping up 40 times per game.
You can't control what people do, as long as the AI isn't doing that, that's what matters.

# 33 Skyboxer @ 06/16/15 11:28 PM
Quote:
My only thing here, and I know I already said this but just saying, I think the point of the video was to show off the new passing mechanics, as well as the DBs playing the ball, which is he played on pro or rookie (not sure which) and had a clear ratings advantage over the CPU team.

CM is at E3 and has posted his impression from today after playing it that on AP or higher the aggressive high point catches are not money at all.
Unfortunetly those types of impressions get selectively ignored.
Hopefully he gets more gameplay and reports back with more impressions.

# 34 The JareBear @ 06/16/15 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
Thats one of the big problems with this franchise man. Everybody can do the same things, from the garbage TE to the elite WR. Thats BS.

When you can have nobody tight ends jumpin up and bringin down one handed grabs, or just the fact that you can HAVE them go up all the time and ATTEMPT it is a joke whether they catch it or not. Anybody who wouldnt find a big problem there doesnt know football. At all.
You're absolutely right, a scrub player should not be able to go up and Moss everyone.

That being said, every NFL tight end or WR is an athlete. They all can jump. Saying they shouldn't be able to jump up and try to catch a ball is kind of silly, isn't it?

As far as actually catching it, I agree. The guys I saw making catches in this video, against crappy DBs on Pro difficulty, were Jordy Nelson and Joe Horn so we are talking about 90+ rated players, I have to assume. This is a fantasy draft mode afterall.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I didn't see a scrub player making a nice grab in this video

If we start seeing videos of every single guy going up and making insane catches like nothing, then yeah, we have a problem. But I haven't seen that yet.

# 35 jpdavis82 @ 06/17/15 12:04 AM
Quote:
You're absolutely right, a scrub player should not be able to go up and Moss everyone.

That being said, every NFL tight end or WR is an athlete. They all can jump. Saying they shouldn't be able to jump up and try to catch a ball is kind of silly, isn't it?

As far as actually catching it, I agree. The guys I saw making catches in this video, against crappy DBs on Pro difficulty, were Jordy Nelson and Joe Horn so we are talking about 90+ rated players, I have to assume. This is a fantasy draft mode afterall.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I didn't see a scrub player making a nice grab in this video

If we start seeing videos of every single guy going up and making insane catches like nothing, then yeah, we have a problem. But I haven't seen that yet.
It's tied to jumping and spec catch rating, not every WR can just sky for the ball and grab it like that.

# 36 pantherfan_forever17 @ 06/17/15 12:07 AM
Quote:
Nope. The idea that every player in the game should be able to do it all the time is silly, and thats exactly what you and I both know is about to be released. In real football, every player doesnt play the same way. They have different temperaments and tendencies of things they do in given situations, and no two players will necessarily act in the same manner in the same situation. This is part of how teams gameplan against personnel.

Its also part of how scrubs, mediocres, and elites are separated on the value scale in pro football.

So you haven't seen any Madden vids in the last decade? My bad.
He was talking about madden 16 (and only what he saw in the posted video). I don't see how it is cheesing when clearly passes were being dropped or knocked out by the cpu ai. Did you even watch the video? The guys that were making those long pass catches were in the 90s going up against defenders in the 70s on pro no less. They didn't score a td on the lass posession because the defenders kept knocking the ball out of the receivers hands. So not cheese.

# 37 m88asia910 @ 06/17/15 12:08 AM
I also like your idea first, supporting offline

# 38 jpdavis82 @ 06/17/15 12:10 AM
Quote:
They said that in Madden 08 and other years, too. Yet, we have tons of videos showing not only scrub WRs and TEs making spec catches, there are vids of QUARTERBACKS making them. I saw one with Peyton Manning making spec catches.

So we're supposed to believe THIS is the year that all goes away and they get it right? Pfffft. Ill believe it when I see it, homie.
This isn't Madden 08 and I've played the game over 35 hours, you'll see it for yourself soon enough.

# 39 pantherfan_forever17 @ 06/17/15 12:24 AM
Quote:
I hate when people do that. It doesnt help your argument dude.

Youre missing the point anyway, and I doubt the ratings you claim since neither you or I know the ratings of the players in Madden 16.

Show me an NFL game where guys, elite or otherwise are going sky like that constantly. You cant. Thats the problem and the point. Youre tryna to rationalize arcade gameplay in a supposed sim game. Not gonna fly.
It was mentioned in the video of what skill level they were playing on and rex talked about the players on defense for the cpu being rated in the 70s and how 90 players (the ones making those catches) would look ten times better than them.

Yes we only have one video to go by and won't know everything until it hits retails and we can play it ourselves. And like most sports games you have to tweak it to your skill level using sliders. Some people forget that this is a video game and certain things cannot be done to make it real as possible. It isn't as easy as pushing a button and oh there it is. Realism! sorry doesn't fly. Lots of coding, research, trial and error, etc. damn now you got me defending madden. Ugh. I just hate entitled gamers. "You know it should be this easy!!!" I don't see you making games. Hard work goes into things.

# 40 The JareBear @ 06/17/15 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherfan_forever17
It was mentioned in the video of what skill level they were playing on and rex talked about the players on defense for the cpu being rated in the 70s and how 90 players (the ones making those catches) would look ten times better than them.

Yes we only have one video to go by and won't know everything until it hits retails and we can play it ourselves. And like most sports games you have to tweak it to your skill level using sliders. Some people forget that this is a video game and certain things cannot be done to make it real as possible. It isn't as easy as pushing a button and oh there it is. Realism! sorry doesn't fly. Lots of coding, research, trial and error, etc. damn now you got me defending madden. Ugh. I just hate entitled gamers. "You know it should be this easy!!!" I don't see you making games. Hard work goes into things.
For sure, man.

I understand why there is reason to be concerned about high point aggressive catches being abused online. I guess we will find out how balanced it all is when the game comes out. Hopefully EA has programmed counter-balances into the DB abilities to properly combat these kind of throws/catches and the results, even results in head to head online games, are at least somewhat realistic and based on ratings.

With or without these new catches/coverage options people still would have put up youtube videos of money plays or nano blitzes.

Bottom line is all we have right now is this video and the stuff in this video looks pretty great to me, honestly.

We all want a sim game, I hope we get it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.