Home
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR News Post

We've looked through the list of courses and golfers available in Rory McIlroy PGA Tour, so below you will find what appears to be the final list of courses and golfers that will be available when the game is released:

Courses

Standard Courses
  • TPC Sawgrass
  • TPC Boston
  • TPC Scottsdale (available with pre-order)
  • St. Andrews
  • Whistling Straits
  • Bay Hill
  • Royal Troon
  • Wolf Creek
  • Chambers Bay
Fictional/Fantasy Courses
  • Coyote Falls
  • Parcel Storm
  • Lighthouse Pointe
  • Wetlands
Golfers

Real Players
  • Rory McIlroy
  • Jordan Spieth
  • Miguel Angel Jimenez
  • Ian Poulter
  • Hunter Mahan
  • Brandt Snedeker
  • Keegan Bradley
  • Rickie Fowler
  • Jonas Blixt
  • Jason Dufner
  • Patrick Rodgers
  • Martin Kaymer
Fake Golfers
  • Laser Logan
  • Battlefield Soldier
  • Pops Masterson
  • Edna Masterson
  • Nevada Smith

Game: Rory McIlroy PGA TOURReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 12 - View All
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Videos
Member Comments
# 41 spidertour02 @ 06/18/15 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slgrant
Typical of EA. All people need to officially stop purchasing their games and let them collapse financially. Their continued arrogance to the consumer is so blatant, we can't allow them to continue this.
Sure, let's put 10,000+ people out of jobs because you don't like what you've seen out of this game (a game which isn't even out yet, by the way). That makes a lot of sense.

I swear, the stupidity I see on the Internet sometimes ...

# 42 AndroSFL @ 06/18/15 08:58 AM
Wow, that is a major disappointment. Sounds like we are going to paying for some major DLC this time around. But come on, there are no LPGA players in the game at launch! Really!

# 43 ricky24 @ 06/18/15 09:26 AM
More golfers than courses. Haha

Thank god for EA access. Looks like I'll be waiting for this to hit the vault too.

# 44 brandon27 @ 06/18/15 09:27 AM
I'm surprised only 8 courses, or 9 if you preorder. Which is ridiculous. Just give everyone the 9 because it's such a sparse list.

I don't care much about the golfers list, I play with my own created character anyways.

The more I think about it, the lack of courses though is really making me re-consider this one. I'm going to leave my pre-order for now though. It's going to have to really impress me during the EA Access free trial now though in order for me to keep it, and buy it. If it doesn't blow me away, I'll be waiting until after golf season, when it's hopefully reduced in price to make a decision. Unless it blows me away, its just not a $60 game right now.

Disappointing, would really like a nice looking, good playing golf game. My EA Access subscription has already more than paid for itself with other titles, but it's really going to earn it's money here with a trial on this one.

# 45 DivotMaker @ 06/18/15 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ondagreen66
The game looks good to me except for the course list. Golfers list doesn't matter as most will use their own golfer. Never has EA Golf have such a small course list. Either there's more courses that haven't been announced yet, or it's coming in DLC. If it's the later, it would be a BIG mistake to NOT have a DLC pack waiting for us on launch day. The longevity of this game will be determined by the amount of courses in the game. Same concept as maps for other games. Why so few to start with? Makes me believe they're holding back info to throw the shock effect at us and increase sales...hmmmm...maybe not lol
Agree with everything you stated except what is in BOLD. TW 06 had 6 whole courses. No DLC. Not defending RM, just clarifying some of the facts.

# 46 goillini03 @ 06/18/15 10:01 AM
This game = NHL 15. Looks like next year's version will be the one to get.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

# 47 Droned idahoan xb gt @ 06/18/15 10:05 AM
Welp this hurts because I like to create my own PGA tour but its not going that fun with only 9 courses and only a few golfers, I not a fan of fantasy courses or golfers, I just want a realistic golf game with realistic courses and golfers with simulation gameplay that they developed for two years and only come up with nine courses

# 48 ricky24 @ 06/18/15 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03
This game = NHL 15. Looks like next year's version will be the one to get.

Nhl 16 sounds like another botch so hopefully that's not the case.

# 49 xxStatiKxx @ 06/18/15 10:45 AM
We're gonna get hosed on DLC. I'm usually ok with games releasing extra content, you either want to buy it or you dont, no one has a gun to your head. But damn 8 real courses on disc when the last-gen had at least 20? Thats ridiculous and is essentially forcing fans of the series to buy something that should have been included. Not to mention we are talking about EA here so it will not be cheap. This game will probably cost upward of $150 for everything.

# 50 goillini03 @ 06/18/15 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxStatiKxx
We're gonna get hosed on DLC. I'm usually ok with games releasing extra content, you either want to buy it or you dont, no one has a gun to your head. But damn 8 real courses on disc when the last-gen had at least 20? Thats ridiculous and is essentially forcing fans of the series to buy something that should have been included. Not to mention we are talking about EA here so it will not be cheap. This game will probably cost upward of $150 for everything.
Exactly.

# 51 jbd345 @ 06/18/15 11:54 AM
I'm sure the budget wasn't very big for Rory mcilroy. Remember each course has its own licensing fee. but omission of pebble beach is a head scratcher. You'd think with frostbite that would be one of the courses they'd want to show off.

# 52 xxStatiKxx @ 06/18/15 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
I'm sure the budget wasn't very big for Rory mcilroy. Remember each course has its own licensing fee. but omission of pebble beach is a head scratcher. You'd think with frostbite that would be one of the courses they'd want to show off.
oh they'll show off Pebble alright, for $7.99

# 53 Chairman7w @ 06/18/15 02:25 PM
Exactly, I've already played those courses a ton.

Let me guess on the DLC courses:

- Celtic Manor
- Els Club
- Crooked Stick
- TPC San Antonio
- Royal Melbourne
- East Lake
- Mission Hills
- Muirfield Village
- TPC Louisiana

blah blah blah.... All the same crap they already have in their system, just converting it over.

No thanks, Rory. I think I may be skipping this version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffhead
Ugh. 9 real courses, half of which have appeared in so many prior versions of this game. What a let down.

# 54 cdawg44 @ 06/18/15 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ondagreen66
My bad, you're right. Forgot about 06, but most recent years 15 to 20 to start with not 8-9.
Or PS2 Tiger Woods 2001 which had 3 freaking courses!!! 3!!! Sawgrass, Spy Glass Hill and Pebble Beach.

I'll pass until this is around $30 bucks and I'll buy it at Best Buy with GCU. There is no point in paying 60 bucks for a game with that little amount of content.

Let's hope Tiger Woods 14 gets put on the Backwards Compatible list for Xbox One.

# 55 mike081989 @ 06/18/15 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
You know I just thought of something... we're here bitching about how we're getting shafted.... but who confirmed that this was indeed the retail set? For all we know we could be pleasantly surprised come launch day. (Trying to be optimistic, I know we're talking about EA here lol).... Let's see if we can wait and see just really what the launch list of courses is (OR if an EA rep confirms what they are).. THEN we can gripe about it. For all we know, we're griping over nothing here. (And here comes the post bashers.....) haha
I'd like to think that too, but it all makes sense if you look at how they're marketing it. There's been no mention of the courses, and they haven't shot down the rumors either. The game's less than a month out and they're definitely hiding something. Also goes along with how EA marketed NHL 15. Completely silent on the missing features until the last second.

I would think we don't get an "official" course list til right before release.

# 56 xxStatiKxx @ 06/18/15 04:02 PM
The fact is we are less than one month away and they aren't saying anything. Just generic twitter responses to anyone who asks about the number of on disc courses. If we were 4 months from release then I would understand but we are too damn close and $60 is a lot of money for "stay tuned for updates". Sounds like typical EA to me. Stay hush on the stuff that's going to cause outrage until release and hope the game sells. We are all sports fans here who have seen this before and we're lying to ourselves if we think EA will be different this time. I hope I'm wrong

# 57 pietasterp @ 06/18/15 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
You know I just thought of something... we're here bitching about how we're getting shafted.... but who confirmed that this was indeed the retail set? For all we know we could be pleasantly surprised come launch day. (Trying to be optimistic, I know we're talking about EA here lol).... Let's see if we can wait and see just really what the launch list of courses is (OR if an EA rep confirms what they are).. THEN we can gripe about it. For all we know, we're griping over nothing here. (And here comes the post bashers.....) haha
Well, let's hope you're right.

But when was the last time EA OVER-delivered on a game?...

# 58 BDKiiing @ 06/19/15 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
Well, let's hope you're right.

But when was the last time EA OVER-delivered on a game?
UFC with the free DLC.

# 59 Rules @ 06/19/15 10:48 AM
Wow 9 courses. Just removed my preorder. Few real golfers = lack of realism!

# 60 Boss Rousseau @ 06/19/15 12:11 PM
I just hope there will at least be some DLC offered, I don't care.. a golf game is the one game where I'd spend the extra money to play more courses.

How is there no Pebble Beach?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.