Home
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR News Post

We've looked through the list of courses and golfers available in Rory McIlroy PGA Tour, so below you will find what appears to be the final list of courses and golfers that will be available when the game is released:

Courses

Standard Courses
  • TPC Sawgrass
  • TPC Boston
  • TPC Scottsdale (available with pre-order)
  • St. Andrews
  • Whistling Straits
  • Bay Hill
  • Royal Troon
  • Wolf Creek
  • Chambers Bay
Fictional/Fantasy Courses
  • Coyote Falls
  • Parcel Storm
  • Lighthouse Pointe
  • Wetlands
Golfers

Real Players
  • Rory McIlroy
  • Jordan Spieth
  • Miguel Angel Jimenez
  • Ian Poulter
  • Hunter Mahan
  • Brandt Snedeker
  • Keegan Bradley
  • Rickie Fowler
  • Jonas Blixt
  • Jason Dufner
  • Patrick Rodgers
  • Martin Kaymer
Fake Golfers
  • Laser Logan
  • Battlefield Soldier
  • Pops Masterson
  • Edna Masterson
  • Nevada Smith

Game: Rory McIlroy PGA TOURReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 12 - View All
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Videos
Member Comments
# 61 kehlis @ 06/19/15 05:51 PM
Calm down man, it's a video game.

# 62 sroz39 @ 06/19/15 06:29 PM
I'm looking forward to the intriguing Career Mode and especially some Online Play. There's very few games that actually get you a little nervous playing them but me and my buddies put a few bucks on online matches and it is one heck of a time.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

# 63 pietasterp @ 06/19/15 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
I'm looking forward to the intriguing Career Mode and especially some Online Play. There's very few games that actually get you a little nervous playing them but me and my buddies put a few bucks on online matches and it is one heck of a time.
Certainly a way to make just about anything interesting!

# 64 jbd345 @ 06/21/15 07:40 PM
You know I won't mind paying four or five bucks for a set a four courses every couple months if ea supports this game after launch. I mean how much different is this over rock band were they only have 60 some odd songs at launch but offer paid weekly dlc after launch, that people seem to praise? I don't see the grip most people have. Yes we got screwed one year in having an incomplete career mode, but hopefully this will turn out different.

# 65 JFo Is Live @ 06/22/15 03:49 PM
I nearly shed a tear when I saw this list.

"Disappointed" doesn't even begin to describe this. We have waited over two years for another EA Sports PGA Tour product. TGC just doesn't cut it. They're too small. I mean, sure, it's a decent game, but we need real licenses to make a really immersive golf game.

We deserve a better product from a company like EA who HAS MADE GREAT GOLF GAMES with the last two TW titles. What changed? I'm bummed. At this point, I hope TW 14/13 are given backward compatibility on XB1.

"If it's in the game, it's in the game...except golf. Golf is boring. So let's make BattleGolf, because simple-minded neanderthals like explosions." It's like what would happen if Michael Bay made a golfing video game.

# 66 kehlis @ 06/22/15 04:18 PM
What's all this "we" talk?

# 67 SinisterAlex @ 06/22/15 08:44 PM
I'll be buying. I'm a golf fan and like someone else said in this thread, I'll gladly pay extra money for additional courses. Heck, I spent so many hours on TW14 that it was easily one of my highest played games in the last few years.

# 68 Flightwhite24 @ 06/22/15 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterAlex
I'll be buying. I'm a golf fan and like someone else said in this thread, I'll gladly pay extra money for additional courses. Heck, I spent so many hours on TW14 that it was easily one of my highest played games in the last few years.

No doubt I'm disappointed but I also have decided to buy. I also will buy any dlc courses that are added along the way. TW14 was my most played game last gen and I'm sure when it's all said and done this game will get a ton of play. It is what it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 69 CaseIH @ 06/23/15 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB

We've looked through the list of courses and golfers available in Rory McIlroy PGA Tour, so below you will find what appears to be the final list of courses and golfers that will be available when the game is released:

Courses

Standard Courses
  • TPC Sawgrass
  • TPC Boston
  • TPC Scottsdale (available with pre-order)
  • St. Andrews
  • Whistling Straits
  • Bay Hill
  • Royal Troon
  • Wolf Creek
  • Chambers Bay
Fictional/Fantasy Courses
  • Coyote Falls
  • Parcel Storm
  • Lighthouse Pointe
  • Wetlands
Golfers

Real Players
  • Rory McIlroy
  • Jordan Spieth
  • Miguel Angel Jimenez
  • Ian Poulter
  • Hunter Mahan
  • Brandt Snedeker
  • Keegan Bradley
  • Rickie Fowler
  • Jonas Blixt
  • Jason Dufner
  • Patrick Rodgers
  • Martin Kaymer
Fake Golfers
  • Laser Logan
  • Battlefield Soldier
  • Pops Masterson
  • Edna Masterson
  • Nevada Smith

This is really disappointing to hear, I had hoped it was going to be just like the previous gen game with all the golfers and more real life golf courses. I really enjoy playing video game golf, since my health don't allow me to get out and actually play gold in real life now days.

I guess it shouldn't be any surprise to me after all it is EA. The last golf game they made on the old gen consoles was so much fun and I really thought now with the new concoles having more power that this would be even better, but sounds like its going to be a joke of a game and no way Im spending money to buy a game that has taken several steps back from the last game made on the old consoles. Maybe they will wake up and get back to a true simulation of PGA golf, if I was the PGA I wouldn't want my name associated with such a joke for a game.

# 70 knob1701 @ 06/29/15 08:09 AM
I won't be buying on day one as I need to see what EA has planned for the DLC prices. I guess it will also depend on if the gameplay is good or not. I am very happy with TGC right now so I won't have the golf fever when this comes out. Not sure how season mode will be any good with the small amount of courses anyway.

# 71 Flightwhite24 @ 06/29/15 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knob1701
I won't be buying on day one as I need to see what EA has planned for the DLC prices. I guess it will also depend on if the gameplay is good or not. I am very happy with TGC right now so I won't have the golf fever when this comes out. Not sure how season mode will be any good with the small amount of courses anyway.

The Season Mode is what I'm most curious about. A 9/10 course season? After all the courses on Last Gen I'm just baffled at the short list of courses on release day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 72 andrew342678 @ 06/30/15 03:11 PM
Seriously, no TIGER WOODS in this game? I don't care if he's a shell of his former self, I want to play as Tiger Woods dangit.

# 73 goillini03 @ 06/30/15 05:44 PM
My guess is that there is a small rotation of course s for career mode. Maybe you play two courses with some form of a slight change the setup etc.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

# 74 robjoye10 @ 07/04/15 12:23 AM
It has been confirmed on RM EA Sports PGA Tour's official twitter page that "FREE post launch updates" will include golfers and courses. According to Chris from OS some courses could actually be added and or subtracted because it has been confirmed that this will not be a yearly release. That means there will probably be a ton of free course and golfer updates throughout the next year or until the next game is made

# 75 Darko240 @ 07/04/15 11:01 AM
One thing I noticed on the gameplay videos is the leaderboard had a lot of names that are real golfers that are not listed in the 12 golfers that will be in the game. Since most of us use our own created golfer anyway, I figure as long as the leaderboard looks like the real thing, I could care less which golfers I can actually play with.

Just my two cents.

# 76 OnlookerDelay @ 07/04/15 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko240
One thing I noticed on the gameplay videos is the leaderboard had a lot of names that are real golfers that are not listed in the 12 golfers that will be in the game. Since most of us use our own created golfer anyway, I figure as long as the leaderboard looks like the real thing, I could care less which golfers I can actually play with.
This is true, but one thing that sort of bothers me about the way it's done is that the names on the screen seem to represent variables on a bell curve spreadsheet. The scores always seem to follow a familiar pattern that makes the overall feel of the leaderboard a bit sterile. I wish that the game could play out the rounds, hole-by-hole, based on a statistical and probability model for each given player (off-screen and in the background, mind you), but I imagine that would take a lot of processing power that would be needed just for displaying the current action on the screen.

I always thought it would be cool if you could play with: A.) The closest licensed player included with the game to you on the leaderboard in career mode play, or B.) the "ghost" ball (the ball and shot telemetry) of a non-licensed player in career mode play. I suggested both to EA Sports and they said they'd look into A, and B is something they wouldn't want to hazard because even playing against a ghost ball of a non-licensed player, even though you don't see the player, might be construed to be an unauthorized "likeness" of the non-licensed player.

# 77 DivotMaker @ 07/04/15 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robjoye10
It has been confirmed on RM EA Sports PGA Tour's official twitter page that "FREE post launch updates" will include golfers and courses. According to Chris from OS some courses could actually be added and or subtracted because it has been confirmed that this will not be a yearly release. That means there will probably be a ton of free course and golfer updates throughout the next year or until the next game is made
Gotta link?

# 78 OnlookerDelay @ 07/04/15 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Gotta link?
He might be referring to this Tweet from EASPORTSGOLF yesterday:

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSGOLF/sta...72081348124672

It's a pretty open-ended comment and I'm not sure what one could actually derive in terms of specific DLC from it. People try to pin him down in follow-up, but there's no further comment.

# 79 jbd345 @ 07/04/15 01:47 PM
I could see golfers being free, they could do a lot with that. Like having polls to see what ones they want next etc. Courses I doubt will be free maybe $5 for a pack of four every few months, that would be resonable I think.

# 80 Chairman7w @ 07/04/15 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
I could see golfers being free, they could do a lot with that. Like having polls to see what ones they want next etc. Courses I doubt will be free maybe $5 for a pack of four every few months, that would be resonable I think.
Please have a Mark McUmber, please have a Mark McUmber....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.