Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

Sports Gamers Online has posted a Madden NFL 16 gameplay video featuring the Tennessee Titans vs. New York Giants. It's not quite a full game, as the video cuts out with just over 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

Check it out and post your thoughts.

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Potatoes002 @ 06/18/15 02:33 AM
I'm liking how the CPU Mariota was running, both up the middle and outside. He was also utilizing jukes and spins, not a huge sample size but an improvement for sure.

# 22 XtremeDunkz @ 06/18/15 02:49 AM
I wonder what Elis deep ball rating is? Must be terrible.

# 23 kaletore11 @ 06/18/15 02:56 AM
While he did complete a few face catches, it's comforting to see him go like 7/20 for the game and be punished for awful passes. Cautiously optimistic.

# 24 Moegames @ 06/18/15 02:57 AM
Wow, color me surprised...I am pretty pleased with what i saw as far as the gameplay goes. Definitely an improvement with AI logic. Seen the AI QB tuck and scramble through the middle was pretty impressive. Seeing Manning toss a lot of off balls was nice too!

The war in the trenches look brutal which i mean in a good way. I like the fighting going on and the run plays looks fun, especially going up the middle and being able to finally break tackles instead of immediately being dropped. This will make things much more fun running the ball. I also liked the CPU offensive linemen targeting the right defenders during a running sweep play..seeing three big hogs leading the RB on a sweep play and actually targeting the correct open defensive run stoppers is a nice welcome.

DB AI logic looks very impressive! Loved seeing two DB's attacking a pass with gusto.

I also seen quite a few new animations. I hope they continue to touch on these presentation elements, fix things that repeat, like seeing dual players do the same animation at the same time while next to each other. Although i was impressed when I seen a situation after a play was over where two Giant's players were walking together with one player sorta pumping his hand and other player clapping after they "BOTH" broke up the pass play, nice stuff. This is the kind of thing that makes such a huge difference in the atmosphere. If only they can add more to this by release date.

About the gameplay stuff, like i said and others have said there is a marked improvement that is most definitely noticeable. As long as sliders work..i can usually fine tune to my desire...the main thing i had issues with was AI logic on both sides of the ball which seem to be much improved.

I keep my hopes for some authentic half time show...maybe we can see more of this kind of stuff along with mid week things to do...it just makes things more fun having extra things to do during mid week, Practices that enhance attributes, injured player rehabilitation elements,etc,etc..much more stuff we can do during mid week and off season will make things more immersive.

# 25 CujoMatty @ 06/18/15 07:35 AM
My 2 biggest complaints about 15 seem to still be an issue.
1. Cpu QB accuracy. I can live with it though.
2. Lack of CPU run game. Hopefully it's because it was the titans but there was no cpu run game in that video. That could be a deal breaker for me.

# 26 TexasFan2005 @ 06/18/15 07:36 AM
Poor clock management by the CPU just before the end of the half. Titans had 1 timeout remaining, about 3 seconds left on the clock and they lineup to take a FG attempt with the clock still running. They still made the FG because the special teams unit is already in place the exact moment the team breaks the huddle.

This is a huge legacy issue in Madden that really just kills any immersion when it comes to clock management throughout the game, especially for those of us who like to play long quarters. It's just another example of sim-minded players having to "pretend" that the CPU performed certain acts throughout the game in order to keep a sense of realism; in this case we pretend that Tennessee called the TO.

# 27 sir psycho @ 06/18/15 08:37 AM
A few quick thoughts:

The highlight for me was seeing the CPU Mariota take off and run...it was great to see that. Also was nice to see the bad passes from Eli.

Biggest complaints right now:
The run game looks pretty ineffective...not just this video, but most of them that I've watched. Also, the d-line seems unable to generate much pressure on the QB (also true for the other videos).

I'm thinking those issues can probably be tuned with sliders, but it is disappointing. Overall, I am fairly pleased with what I've seen. Not perfect, but definitely moving in the right direction.

# 28 Hilldog39 @ 06/18/15 09:20 AM
Game looks improved over last year but I'm still waiting on "living worlds" I mean even FIFA has the camera men follow the action. In Madden they always seem to point in a fixed direction.

It's just something that has really bothered me with this so called "shared tech" being able to use in different games.

# 29 Dj_MyTime @ 06/18/15 10:04 AM
I watched about seven minutes, the guy playing was too annoying for me to watch the full video.

# 30 Rashad19 @ 06/18/15 10:53 AM
After watching this video Madden 16 definitely has my attention. I saw some very positive things from the QB AI and overall CPU offensive attack. Special teams play along with the rushing attack left me uninspired. I will wait to until I get actual stick time before I jump to any major conclusions but I'm cautiously optimistic about the game so far.

# 31 The JareBear @ 06/18/15 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir psycho
A few quick thoughts:

The highlight for me was seeing the CPU Mariota take off and run...it was great to see that. Also was nice to see the bad passes from Eli.

Biggest complaints right now:
The run game looks pretty ineffective...not just this video, but most of them that I've watched. Also, the d-line seems unable to generate much pressure on the QB (also true for the other videos).

I'm thinking those issues can probably be tuned with sliders, but it is disappointing. Overall, I am fairly pleased with what I've seen. Not perfect, but definitely moving in the right direction.
Lack of penetration or push from d-line is definitely something I have noticed in a lot of videos. Like you said though, hopefully a slider fix

# 32 sportsfan1976 @ 06/18/15 12:52 PM
WR/DB Interactions WOW!!!

# 33 The JareBear @ 06/18/15 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
I wonder what Elis deep ball rating is? Must be terrible.
On top of that the guy was probably leading up and out and didn't always have his feet set or step up into the pocket

# 34 OhMrHanky @ 06/18/15 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
On top of that the guy was probably leading up and out and didn't always have his feet set or step up into the pocket
yeah, i think those things contributed, but also, was the DB in good position? if so, I WANT to see deep throws out of bounds, as the QB is doing his best to lead the WR, but if coverage looks too good, he's essentially "throwing it away", which happens in the NFL and contributes to more incomplete passes (lower QB comp %), which is something i want. I have a feeling the guy was pressing the stick too much, though. So, i was ok with all the deep out of bounds throws. And/or, the more times u throw deep should lead to DBs playing better coverage deep (especially, if they have higher Intelligence (can't remember the attribute, but play reading ability, something like that)). The more times u throw deep, the more the DB covers deep, the more the WR is covered, the more likely Eli throws it away. The guy playing was missing some TE opportunities. those would have been completed, i would think. i like what i'm seeing so far.

# 35 IlluminatusUIUC @ 06/18/15 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Yeah I noticed that it would flash "Under pressure" or "On the run" when he made a throw without setting his feet.

It would be nice if the "under pressure" modifier was related to a QBs composure trait, or at least that it was made clear that it is.

# 36 Northcutt1 @ 06/18/15 04:25 PM
First play, the commentary says it was a jump ball!!!! Hopefully the commentary gets straighted out before release. Otherwise I am pleased for the most part.
Peace

# 37 troy184 @ 06/18/15 06:37 PM
Game looks good. Commentary sounds bad

# 38 SolidSquid @ 06/18/15 07:08 PM
At 6:20 the Justin Hunter td shouldn't he be flagged for going to the ground in celebration?

# 39 SolidSquid @ 06/18/15 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
I didn't know the Titans had one of the best offensive lines in the NFL, absolutely no pressure on Mariota. Mariota was deadly accurate too, a little too accurate. Line play looks really bad, too much patty cake, hopefully they can tune this before release.
Looked like the user didn't really know how to use the rushing controls

# 40 raidertiger @ 06/18/15 07:26 PM
Eh. I'm sure some will like it but it's way too similar. Will skip.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.