Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

Sports Gamers Online has posted a quick minute of NBA Live 16 gameplay footage from E3. Check it out and post your thoughts.

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Sundown @ 06/18/15 04:29 PM
Headscans are pretty nice as is some of the foot planting. Barnes looks like a bit of a zombie with his awkward eye and freethrow animation. Doesn't seem like they have Barnes' sig FT either. Slow dribble animations are great but the fast ones in motion and in contact are pretty goofy and terrible. Looks essentially like Elite 11.

They've got 3 months to completely redo those.

# 2 Tonyattia @ 06/18/15 04:33 PM
Signature parts of role players doesn't seem to be there. The running with the ball animation with draymond is an old animation and needs work. Out bounds force field there. It is alpha, so I'm not really to judgmental either way, gotta see it closer to launch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 3 wdh6325 @ 06/18/15 04:34 PM
Didn't see this posted yet. But here's another gameplay video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXYy...re=youtu.be&a=

# 4 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 06/18/15 04:34 PM
It's definitely improved a lot & I see the potential it has but it's still not there yet. They're about a year away from really competing in my opinion but I definitely can see the effort the devs are putting in.

# 5 ai2k2 @ 06/18/15 04:41 PM
The movement is very bad

# 6 Jano @ 06/18/15 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdh6325
Didn't see this posted yet. But here's another gameplay video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXYy...re=youtu.be&a=
@1:59 he talked about Post Game and how they are still adding animations to it... Thank God lol

# 7 jpollack34 @ 06/18/15 04:44 PM
Not good. That's all I'm going to say. Not good.

# 8 cthurt @ 06/18/15 04:54 PM
Sometimes these early vids aren't a good thing because I went from being overly hyped from the screenshots to greatly underwhelmed from these gameplay vids, at this point I just hope the gameplay looks totally different from what we are seeing by the time the game releases.

# 9 DBMcGee3 @ 06/18/15 04:56 PM
Faces look great, but the animations and passing look stiff as ever. Thousands of new animations eh? Pfffffff.

# 10 El_Poopador @ 06/18/15 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Sometimes these early vids aren't a good thing because I went from being overly hyped from the screenshots to greatly underwhelmed from these gameplay vids, at this point I just hope the gameplay looks totally different from what we are seeing by the time the game releases.
It's hard to get a good impression from these videos though, because the people playing don't know what they're doing. It's like that with 2k as well. The person on the sticks can make the game look great, or make it look bad.

# 11 Agatorfan @ 06/18/15 05:22 PM
An improvement from nba live 14 that's for sure

# 12 BiggD @ 06/18/15 05:23 PM
Man Live kills 2k in the spacing department...lots of potential. Just don't know if its enough for the masses

# 13 nick_sr @ 06/18/15 05:42 PM
Yes, I happen to be a live fan'but u can't make decisions when these guys clearly can't play.

I assume they never played n don't really know the controls.

# 14 nick_sr @ 06/18/15 05:44 PM
This video is beyond comical n should be removed! What were these individuals doing? Lol

# 15 ForeverVersatile @ 06/18/15 05:47 PM
Anyone else noticing the traveling? There's a wired pause before the ball handler puts the ball down. Both Curry and Kyrie do it in the second video.

# 16 bxphenom7 @ 06/18/15 06:04 PM
Player movement and animation is still an eyesore. Overall, I see the improvement and effort. Like someone already pointed out, the spacing is great.

# 17 TalenT @ 06/18/15 06:05 PM
Was about to say "Man, that walk up animation Kyrie did was pretty dope!" Then on the very next time down the court he did the exact same one. -Face Palm-

# 18 KG @ 06/18/15 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalenT
Was about to say "Man, that walk up animation Kyrie did was pretty dope!" Then on the very next time down the court he did the exact same one. -Face Palm-
I thought that was by far the best thing about the video. The second he broke out of that and started jogging/running it looked like vintage Live herky-jerky. Don't even get me started on the passing animations.

# 19 ffaacc03 @ 06/18/15 07:51 PM
I like the graphics and courts and lightning, is kind of more realistic than 2Ks ... also like the animation were Kyrie slowly brings the ball up the court and the handoffs of the other videos ... like the apparent feel of foot planting when dribbling and the off ball animations that make the game look lively.

There is still work to do to polish the in between animations ... Dont like how the paint jumpers look and also those moving shots that I cant identify if they are hooks, floaters or what ... dont like Westbrook (cover boy) face scan nor his skin tone.

Maybe because of the build but too many repetitive camera angles.

Here is to hope for more and that the playable version at gamescon is a more update build, so I can get a better appreciation of what has been done ... then again, if there isnt full player editing, I believe I wont get it unless its surpasses my expectations and the competition product.

# 20 Tybudd @ 06/18/15 08:09 PM
That didn't look like Kyrie's shot form at all

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.