Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K Sports has just announced the NBA 2K16 Michael Jordan Special Edition, exclusively for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4. It includes some memorabilia and other in-game content for $79.99. By pre-ordering, you will receive the game on Friday, September 25, four days before the official release date.

Here are the items you will receive with the NBA 2K16 Michael Jordan Special Edition: Jordan NBA 2K16 poster, Jordan Fathead wall cling, digital Jordan shoes for your MyPLAYER, digital Jordan t-shirt for your MyPLAYER, digital Jordan jersey for your MyPLAYER, 30,000 VC, MyTEAM VIP+: 3 Emerald Packs and a new Special Edition Exclusive Moments Card.

UPDATE: The NBA 2K16 Michael Jordan Special Edition is exclusive to Michael Jordan, so it doesn't include inserted covers that you can swap out, like the standard edition.

And then there is this quote from Michael Jordan...

Quote:
NBA 2K16 allows gamers young and old to not only experience and re-create some of my greatest moments on the basketball court but also customize their players with Jordan shoes and apparel.

Read the full press release below.

NBA® 2K16 Takes Flight with Special Edition Featuring NBA Legend Michael Jordan

World-renowned basketball icon and past NBA 2K cover athlete to grace the Special Edition cover; fans to receive exclusive memorabilia and in-game content

2K today announced that NBA 2K16 will feature Michael Jordan on the cover of this year’s Special Edition. The next iteration of the NBA video game simulation series that’s been top-rated for the last 15 years*, will celebrate Jordan’s Hall of Fame legacy and give fans even more options to customize their in-game experience.

Gamers that pre-order the Special Edition will receive NBA 2K16 on Friday, September 25, four days before the standard launch, along with memorabilia and other in-game content, including:
  • Jordan NBA 2K16 Poster;
  • Jordan Fathead® Wall Cling;
  • Digital Jordan shoes for your MyPLAYER;
  • Digital Jordan T-shirt for your MyPLAYER;;
  • Digital Jordan jersey for your MyPLAYER;
  • 30,000 Virtual Currency;
  • MyTEAM VIP+:
    • 3 Emerald Packs AND a new Special Edition Exclusive Moments Card.
Jordan’s appearance on NBA 2K16 marks the third NBA 2K cover appearance for the 14-time NBA All-Star, six-time NBA World Champion, five-time NBA Most Valuable Player and NBA Hall of Fame inductee.

“I’m excited about this year’s NBA 2K’s Special Edition,” said Michael Jordan. “NBA 2K16 allows gamers young and old to not only experience and re-create some of my greatest moments on the basketball court but also customize their players with Jordan shoes and apparel.”

The NBA 2K16 Michael Jordan Special Edition will be available in both digital and physical formats for $79.99 on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One.

2K previously announced that three of the NBA’s top superstars will be making their cover debuts on the standard edition of NBA 2K16: Golden State Warriors’ Stephen Curry, Houston Rockets’ James Harden and New Orleans Pelicans’ Anthony Davis. The game will also highlight an all-new MyCAREER mode that was written and directed by acclaimed filmmaker Spike Lee.

Developed by Visual Concepts, NBA 2K16 is not yet rated by the ESRB. NBA 2K16 will be available for PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, Xbox One and Xbox 360; and Windows PC platforms on September 29, 2015.

Fans can pre-order NBA 2K16 at participating North American retail and online vendors, ensuring they receive their copy and in-game bonuses ahead of the game’s September 29 release date. While game covers will be distributed at random, each game box includes a foldable insert with all 3 individual cover athletes, ensuring the ability to insert the cover of their choice into the front of box.

NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 RipCityAndy @ 06/24/15 04:18 PM
Pre-order bonuses are annoying.

# 42 Miickaels @ 06/24/15 04:28 PM
Is there any way to pre-order it when you're from EU ? I'm afraid to get an US copy

# 43 juicey79 @ 06/24/15 05:03 PM
I'm getting this ...I'll buy this but no J's...anyway has anyone noticed the the three-peat fingers ....Suns 93 maybe?

# 44 grodbetatted @ 06/24/15 05:43 PM
Recycling Jordan again I see hmm

# 45 ghettog @ 06/24/15 05:53 PM
Eh I guess its cool if you wanted a fathead. I personally don't really want one. And I don't plan on playing their micro transaction MyTeam mode.

If it was $5 or $10 extra for the other stuff maybe. I don't really like paying for VC though. And I think the basic $60 pre-order already gives you some VC.

# 46 redsox4evur @ 06/24/15 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicey79
I'm getting this ...I'll buy this but no J's...anyway has anyone noticed the the three-peat fingers ....Suns 93 maybe?
Not going happen unless 2K shoveled out big bucks for Sir Charles. Which I doubt is going to happen.

# 47 arkhamRejek @ 06/24/15 06:09 PM
lol for $20 more ?

Ha !
Ha!
Gottem !!!!!

No 2k just no, I need to see that gameplay first

# 48 2_headedmonster @ 06/24/15 07:25 PM
was hoping 2k announced they shamelessly stole that EA cell phone face scan tech....

# 49 claustin @ 06/24/15 07:43 PM
And just like that they got me. I wasn't gonna pre-order this year. Hell I was gonna wait till the 2nd patch, but they'll get me with the GOAT every time.

# 50 King_B_Mack @ 06/24/15 07:52 PM
Immediate takeaway from this for me? Jordan's college picture has North Carolina edited off the jersey. Looks like they specifically licensed Steph, Harden and AD's colleges for their covers. So there's our confirmation on that I guess?

# 51 ClevelandFan @ 06/24/15 08:21 PM
So now I gotta change my preorder at gamestop...ugh

# 52 champ1997 @ 06/24/15 08:45 PM
Going to change my preorder.

# 53 Tybudd @ 06/24/15 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
No love for PC :/
PC'ers are going to Mod in their own bonuses of some sort anyways, so really doesn't matter.

# 54 Tunechid @ 06/24/15 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Immediate takeaway from this for me? Jordan's college picture has North Carolina edited off the jersey. Looks like they specifically licensed Steph, Harden and AD's colleges for their covers. So there's our confirmation on that I guess?
Good point but maybe they don't have the rights to historic teams

# 55 ur6an_lo9ic @ 06/24/15 09:54 PM
some cool stuff but the game is really only worth about 40 itself so an $80 price tag is way too much. maybe if it was an extra 5 bucks.

# 56 ad2001 @ 06/24/15 10:10 PM
What does this Special Exclusive Moments Card do? A badge of some kind maybe?

# 57 Peninc @ 06/24/15 11:53 PM
I really wish 2K had some real competition. This more glamour less substance approach is getting annoying. Using every angle possible to squeeze more money out of people, while saying nothing about the actual game.

# 58 Boilerbuzz @ 06/25/15 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ur6an_lo9ic
some cool stuff but the game is really only worth about 40 itself so an $80 price tag is way too much. maybe if it was an extra 5 bucks.
Well, if a game that many people consider to be one of the best sports games out there, if not the best, is worth only $40, then EVERY game is worth that. So, yeah. OK. I'd take it for $40. Where do I sign up!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peninc
I really wish 2K had some real competition. This more glamour less substance approach is getting annoying. Using every angle possible to squeeze more money out of people, while saying nothing about the actual game.
So, considering the insane amount of money it takes to make games like this, what do you think is fair? Like many have already said: you don't have to buy this game at all, let alone this version. So, why continue to gripe when anyone with a high school diploma knows that these companies need to MAKE money to continue to MAKE games. There is not illegal or amoral in any of this. You get the basic game as fair market value. This version includes MORE items are even less than the cumulative fair market value. And this is bad, how?

# 59 daveberg @ 06/25/15 04:46 AM
Jordan related stuff??

Take my money.

Fanboy mode engaged.

# 60 thareezen @ 06/25/15 05:32 AM
Ill pass...2k is making me a lil sick of mj. Can we get some of the other greats.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.