Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K Sports has just announced the NBA 2K16 Michael Jordan Special Edition, exclusively for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4. It includes some memorabilia and other in-game content for $79.99. By pre-ordering, you will receive the game on Friday, September 25, four days before the official release date.

Here are the items you will receive with the NBA 2K16 Michael Jordan Special Edition: Jordan NBA 2K16 poster, Jordan Fathead wall cling, digital Jordan shoes for your MyPLAYER, digital Jordan t-shirt for your MyPLAYER, digital Jordan jersey for your MyPLAYER, 30,000 VC, MyTEAM VIP+: 3 Emerald Packs and a new Special Edition Exclusive Moments Card.

UPDATE: The NBA 2K16 Michael Jordan Special Edition is exclusive to Michael Jordan, so it doesn't include inserted covers that you can swap out, like the standard edition.

And then there is this quote from Michael Jordan...

Quote:
NBA 2K16 allows gamers young and old to not only experience and re-create some of my greatest moments on the basketball court but also customize their players with Jordan shoes and apparel.

Read the full press release below.

NBA® 2K16 Takes Flight with Special Edition Featuring NBA Legend Michael Jordan

World-renowned basketball icon and past NBA 2K cover athlete to grace the Special Edition cover; fans to receive exclusive memorabilia and in-game content

2K today announced that NBA 2K16 will feature Michael Jordan on the cover of this year’s Special Edition. The next iteration of the NBA video game simulation series that’s been top-rated for the last 15 years*, will celebrate Jordan’s Hall of Fame legacy and give fans even more options to customize their in-game experience.

Gamers that pre-order the Special Edition will receive NBA 2K16 on Friday, September 25, four days before the standard launch, along with memorabilia and other in-game content, including:
  • Jordan NBA 2K16 Poster;
  • Jordan Fathead® Wall Cling;
  • Digital Jordan shoes for your MyPLAYER;
  • Digital Jordan T-shirt for your MyPLAYER;;
  • Digital Jordan jersey for your MyPLAYER;
  • 30,000 Virtual Currency;
  • MyTEAM VIP+:
    • 3 Emerald Packs AND a new Special Edition Exclusive Moments Card.
Jordan’s appearance on NBA 2K16 marks the third NBA 2K cover appearance for the 14-time NBA All-Star, six-time NBA World Champion, five-time NBA Most Valuable Player and NBA Hall of Fame inductee.

“I’m excited about this year’s NBA 2K’s Special Edition,” said Michael Jordan. “NBA 2K16 allows gamers young and old to not only experience and re-create some of my greatest moments on the basketball court but also customize their players with Jordan shoes and apparel.”

The NBA 2K16 Michael Jordan Special Edition will be available in both digital and physical formats for $79.99 on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One.

2K previously announced that three of the NBA’s top superstars will be making their cover debuts on the standard edition of NBA 2K16: Golden State Warriors’ Stephen Curry, Houston Rockets’ James Harden and New Orleans Pelicans’ Anthony Davis. The game will also highlight an all-new MyCAREER mode that was written and directed by acclaimed filmmaker Spike Lee.

Developed by Visual Concepts, NBA 2K16 is not yet rated by the ESRB. NBA 2K16 will be available for PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, Xbox One and Xbox 360; and Windows PC platforms on September 29, 2015.

Fans can pre-order NBA 2K16 at participating North American retail and online vendors, ensuring they receive their copy and in-game bonuses ahead of the game’s September 29 release date. While game covers will be distributed at random, each game box includes a foldable insert with all 3 individual cover athletes, ensuring the ability to insert the cover of their choice into the front of box.

NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Fener1907 @ 06/25/15 06:00 AM
It costs 90 euros in europe..

# 62 daveberg @ 06/25/15 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiquilaSunrise
Ripping them Console-Casuals off! I'm glad this version doesn't even come out on PC!
Look out!! PC ego's have entered the room ^^^^^

# 63 CaseIH @ 06/25/15 07:51 AM
Typically this BS that that these companies try to scam you into buying I don't get into, but those fatheads are actually quite expensive as my wife looked into buying me a Joey Votto fathead a few years ago, so this actually sounds like a really good deal.

I know I said I wasn't wasting anymore money on a day 1 purchase of this game until I saw a couple things fixed with more blocked shots and that damn auto save being able to be turned off, but this actually has me intrigued if I can get my wife to put out the extra money for the game that is. I hate the Bulls, and being almost 43 years old, a MJ fathead don't really thrill me like it would have back years ago,lol, but this now has me more interested in the game especially if more classic teams have there real players and we don't have a bunch of fake from the start like we have seen the past few years, plus I do hope Euro league teams are still in as well.

# 64 Boilerbuzz @ 06/25/15 11:16 AM
Quote:
Ripping them Console-Casuals off! I'm glad this version doesn't even come out on PC!

He conveniently forgot to mention the regular price of games in Europe. Which is €70. So the SE +€20. The equivalent difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Typically this BS that that these companies try to scam you into buying I don't get into, but those fatheads are actually quite expensive as my wife looked into buying me a Joey Votto fathead a few years ago, so this actually sounds like a really good deal.

I know I said I wasn't wasting anymore money on a day 1 purchase of this game until I saw a couple things fixed with more blocked shots and that damn auto save being able to be turned off, but this actually has me intrigued if I can get my wife to put out the extra money for the game that is. I hate the Bulls, and being almost 43 years old, a MJ fathead don't really thrill me like it would have back years ago,lol, but this now has me more interested in the game especially if more classic teams have there real players and we don't have a bunch of fake from the start like we have seen the past few years, plus I do hope Euro league teams are still in as well.

Wow. Why the hate for the best team in the league?

I'm sure some classic teams won't be complete, though. But you're right about the fathead. I assume it'll be the smaller ones. But I think I changed my mind. If that fathead is of that cover, I'm in! The more I look at it, the more I love it.

# 65 CaseIH @ 06/25/15 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
He conveniently forgot to mention the regular price of games in Europe. Which is €70. So the SE +€20. The equivalent difference.

Wow. Why the hate for the best team in the league?

I'm sure some classic teams won't be complete, though. But you're right about the fathead. I assume it'll be the smaller ones. But I think I changed my mind. If that fathead is of that cover, I'm in! The more I look at it, the more I love it.

LOL at best team in the league. Being a Pacers fan those MJ led Bulls teams gave me a lot of heart acheFunny thing is there was times when they weren't playing the Pacers I would find myself rooting for them just because of the greatness of MJ, especially in those finals, and the flu game is still the single greatest game I have ever seen from a player not at full health. Now days I just despise them because I hate Noah, hated him ever since his florida gator days, but I have to say he does play the game the right way, and I do respect that.

I didn't know there was different sizes of fatheads, so yeah your probably right it wont be life like. I had told my wife about this deal and she is a Bulls fan and loved MJ, so that actually gives me hope that she will let me get the game, as I do think I have changed my mind on getting it day 1, although Im hoping the classic teams are better than they have been the past couple years and we have more real players and players like Kareem aren't left out. Would love to see Reggie Miller's Pacers team in the classic teams as well as Barkleys Suns team.

# 66 I Djm @ 06/25/15 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyForBuckets
Lol so many haters, the Jordan moments sound awesome. The stuff included here sounds way better than what a lot of other companies offer for their special editions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keep supermaning Attachment 101040

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

# 67 midwestking100 @ 06/25/15 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicey79
I'm getting this ...I'll buy this but no J's...anyway has anyone noticed the the three-peat fingers ....Suns 93 maybe?
I am definitely praying for this to happen.

# 68 claustin @ 06/25/15 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
I had told my wife about this deal and she is a Bulls fan and loved MJ, so that actually gives me hope that she will let me get the game
Jeez sounds like the Missus runs a tight ship. Better to ask for forgiveness than for permission, I always say.

# 69 Sheba2011 @ 06/25/15 11:53 PM
Jordan is one of the GOAT players but this is just a rehash we have already had the Jordan moments. Time to honor some of the other greatest stars of the game such as: Larry Legend and Dr. J.

# 70 Mintsa @ 06/26/15 12:38 AM
I'm pre-order number one at my ebgames.

# 71 Jordanmike6 @ 06/26/15 04:58 AM
i didn't see on the photo the 3 peat, i believed it was a photo of 1991!

It is extraordinary if Suns 93 are in the game!!

# 72 myathebee @ 06/26/15 05:22 AM
I like MJ but I had enough of him when 2k11 came out..None of this stuff is really special.

# 73 Boilerbuzz @ 06/26/15 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin
Jeez sounds like the Missus runs a tight ship. Better to ask for forgiveness than for permission, I always say.

Solid advice there, pal. :-/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanmike6
i didn't see on the photo the 3 peat, i believed it was a photo of 1991!

Ummm... It's the locker room shot of him holding up 3 fingers. What makes you think it was '91? He pretty much cried in '91 and hugged the trophy as if it was a sick child. And if you're still not convinced, zoom in on the hat. You may want to change your handle.

# 74 nkkstokes @ 06/26/15 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyForBuckets
Preordered it and got that Ronnie 2K retweet, feel like a big fan boy but idc, I like it and it's $20 extra dollars. The stuff you get more than pays for it IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WHere you preorder from?? Bestbuy doesn't have it yet

# 75 CaseIH @ 06/26/15 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin

Well if you had health issues and wasn't able to work any longer and your wife was having to work 2 jobs to try and pay the bills then you might be a little more considerate, rather than just buying whatever you want too.

# 76 Boilerbuzz @ 06/27/15 01:24 AM
Quote:
What the **** are you talking about? Regular Games cost like ~20-30€ at Release. I paid 19.99€ for the PreOrder of 2K15 on Amazon...

Funny. I was just in Rome last month and saw not one major game under €70. You must have caught a sale or used. Beats me. I know what I saw and what I know: games are generally more expensive outside of the States.

# 77 jk31 @ 06/27/15 09:59 AM
Depends on the "console". On PC, when you look right, you get most games, even new games, for under 30€. I haven't payed more than 30€ for a game in a long time. Also got 2k15 preorder for 20€.

GTA 5 i preordered for 30€. Witcher 3 I bought after release for 20€.

# 78 HakeemOlajuwon @ 06/27/15 01:23 PM
Yeah 90 € in France...

If you convert $ to € , the price should be 79$=70€

That's insane

# 79 KingTocco @ 06/27/15 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkkstokes
WHere you preorder from?? Bestbuy doesn't have it yet
Gamestop has it

# 80 winldea @ 06/27/15 02:23 PM
Please check the picture I prepared and let me know what you think. Thanks!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.