Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports and the Madden team are scheduled to reveal presentation improvements for Madden NFL 16 sometime this week. No official date was given, but what are you hoping to see?

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 fredo5020 @ 06/29/15 01:59 PM
Oh yea Madden has the worst "Create-A" system in all of gaming so yea Improve on that

# 42 1stdraftpick @ 06/29/15 02:11 PM
The fact that there is a Camera Man in each one of the photos, that will be a "NEW" presentation addition. But this was already shown in the game play at E3.

# 43 Armor and Sword @ 06/29/15 02:13 PM
Give me some NFL Network or ESPN presentation. Please. The draft presentation has gotten much better and I hope they keep building on that.

Also a ticker in CFM is so huge for me. on NCAA 14....it immerses me in my Dynasty. In MLB The Show I love reading the stats and such while I am pitching.

It is a huge request for me personally. I want to see scores and stats (ala what you see on Sunday's) from around the league while I am playing my own CFM games.

It would go a long way in giving us true network presentation.

# 44 Steve_OS @ 06/29/15 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull_Dozer
I love announcements of announcements.
We post these because it stops the constant "WHEN IS EA GONNA GIVE US DETAILS ON BLAH BLAH BLAH..."

At least now those people know we get something this week. Nothing more, nothing less.

# 45 EricFreakingBerry @ 06/29/15 02:21 PM
Maybe something for Madden like 5 years from now.

Can we get actual CGI models (of real guys + game-generated guys) that introduce themselves in the game? (this post is 97% non-serious)

Mike Moonbeam, from THE university of South Awesomeville Community College?

# 46 BadAssHskr @ 06/29/15 02:22 PM
when presentation is mentioned my mind immediately thinks commentary for what ever reason.

good news anyhow, M16 is really starting to get me excited.

# 47 jeremym480 @ 06/29/15 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Why do you feel like there should be a new halftime this year after we just got a new one last year?
Shouldn't they at least expand upon what they added though?

The "add something, then not touch it for the next iteration or two, then replace it with something else" cycle is getting old. Since they supposedly have all of these teams, they should build a solid foundation and add to it every year instead of doing this tire spinning that they're doing.

# 48 playajay98 @ 06/29/15 02:51 PM
I'd like to see the Quick Play area of Madden be aware of the date/stats/standings of the real NFL like NBA 2k does. It would add a lot of immersion through presentation if I could boot up my game Monday evening before MNF, have Madden default to that nights matchup, and have commentary relevant as of that day (ie. the results of the Sunday games)

I don't play NBA2K much but its always magic during a quick game when the commentary/stats banners show xxxx player dropped 32 points on the Nuggets the night before and is leading the league in rebounds this month, in the REAL NBA. Please, give me this for football!

# 49 jpdavis82 @ 06/29/15 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Shouldn't they at least expand upon what they added though?

The "add something, then not touch it for the next iteration or two, then replace it with something else" cycle is getting old. Since they supposedly have all of these teams, they should build a solid foundation and add to it every year instead of doing this tire spinning that they're doing.
They haven't really been doing that since Madden 13, since then they've been building upon the previous year each year. I'd expect improvement to halftime, but how much? That's the question. We already know from the recent video with sports gamer online interviewing Kolbe, that the window looks different and replays look to be from a wider more broadcast camera type angle.

You can kind of see it here, but this is for draft champions mode. Hopefully it is more expanded upon in CFM.

# 50 jeremym480 @ 06/29/15 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
They haven't really been doing that since Madden 13, since then they've been building upon the previous year each year. I'd expect improvement to halftime, but how much? That's the question. We already know from the recent video with sports gamer online interviewing Kolbe, that the window looks different and replays look to be from a wider more broadcast camera type angle.

You can kind of see it here, but this is for draft champions mode. Hopefully it is more expanded upon in CFM.
Yes, that is the question. I'm not expecting them to reinvent the wheel or anything, but it would be nice to see something added to the Halftime Show. I'm don't make video games and don't know the first thing about it, however it would be nice to see them build a solid foundation and add something substantial to it each year.

Personally, I won't be happy until they have a pre-game, half time, post game show. Once those are working, then possibly add a Weekly Wrap Up Show that isn't repetitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
This isn't quite true. They've redone scouting, XP/Goals 2 or 3 times now. I hope they start building upon from here on out.
I was strictly talking about Presentation earlier... If we're ranking the three major aspects of the game (Gameplay, CFM and Presentation), then I would actually rate gameplay first and CFM a distant third. My two biggest gameplay gripes were wr/db interaction and penalties so if those two work as advertised, then I'll be happy with gameplay. CFM still has a long way to go (and I'll leave it at that). With that said, if JP is right and this new team just now started working together, then hopefully we'll start seeing some major advancement with M17.

# 51 PVarck31 @ 06/29/15 04:08 PM
Next person who just makes a post blindly bashing Madden that is completely off-topic and has nothing to do with presentation will be banned. This is your only warning.

# 52 PhillyPhanatic14 @ 06/29/15 04:33 PM
It would be awesome to have in-game commentary about things happening around the league, similar to what Fifa does where the other reporter joins in the broadcast and tells about goals in other games or gives play-by-play of penalty kicks. This would really help the immersion. Seeing stats from other games would be tight too. Scores would be a great first step, but seeing that Brady went 23/28 for 318 and 2 TD's would be really cool.

That poster seemed to hint at some new Post-season presentation which would be great. Right now the playoffs don't feel any different from the regular season and fixing that would make seasons a lot more epic for December and January games.

# 53 iLLWiLL @ 06/29/15 04:39 PM
I wish they would make crowd reaction dynamic. It seems like the crowd is constantly roaring, jumping up & down regardless of the situation.

I wish it could be more dynamic, like in MLB The Show, where if a ball is hit deep towards the outfield wall, you will see individual fans begin to RISE to their feet, not in unison. It's really freakin' cool and life-like. But instead in Madden, the fans are constantly jumping like they are at a rock concert.

# 54 georgiafan @ 06/29/15 04:58 PM
I would love to have a weekly wrap up show but i am not expecting it since I assume that would have been in all the CFM stuff they talked about. From the gameplay vids we saw at E3 it seems like they are doing a better job with stats overlays then it years past. It seems like it may have something to with uploading video's or something with all of the capture stuff. Hopefully they expand on the halftime show.

# 55 BleedGreen710 @ 06/29/15 05:02 PM
NCAA14 had great in-game updates of games from around the league along with a ticker on the bottom that showed the scores. i dont understand why madden has yet to add an NFL equivalent of this. not only did one of their partner games (NCAA) have it, but the old maddens used to have it too (madden 2004).

# 56 trey2k198003 @ 06/29/15 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetOffMyLawn
Fix the crappy, limited playbooks? Nope.
Fix the crappy, game-breaking blocking AI? Nope.
Fix the crappy, game-breaking defensive pass AI? Nope.
Fix the crappy, randomized penalty system? They say yes...but we all know...Nope!
Fix the jaggy physics which lead to a broken running game? Nope!
Fix the passing mechanics to reflect more real-world trajectories and pass types? Nope!
Add in any kind of gameplay enhancing functionality, expanded 'next-gen' franchise mode? Nope!

Did we update the graphics in our menus? YOU BETCHYO ***!!!

Remind me why I haven't purchased Madden since 07? Oh...riiiight!
Just my thoughts but I had no issue with the run AI or pass AI once I tuned the sliders it worked just fine also I believe they did say they worked the pass trajectory the blocking AI has been addressed as well have u been keeping up or just composing about stuff makes u happy lol and as usual we can't confirm anything till the end of summer lol

# 57 ShaiLeGran @ 06/29/15 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
I wish they would make crowd reaction dynamic. It seems like the crowd is constantly roaring, jumping up & down regardless of the situation.

I wish it could be more dynamic, like in MLB The Show, where if a ball is hit deep towards the outfield wall, you will see individual fans begin to RISE to their feet, not in unison. It's really freakin' cool and life-like. But instead in Madden, the fans are constantly jumping like they are at a rock concert.
No crowds as of yet can compare to the crowds of MLB The Show! Really excellent stuff from SSD.

# 58 trey2k198003 @ 06/29/15 05:24 PM
And as far as presentation I have no idea what they have in store I hope it's a draft preview show that would be cool or like a preview of studs right before th combine I mean I doubt they'll do it but a Brutha can dream can't he!!!!

# 59 jpdavis82 @ 06/29/15 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
It would be awesome to have in-game commentary about things happening around the league, similar to what Fifa does where the other reporter joins in the broadcast and tells about goals in other games or gives play-by-play of penalty kicks. This would really help the immersion. Seeing stats from other games would be tight too. Scores would be a great first step, but seeing that Brady went 23/28 for 318 and 2 TD's would be really cool.

That poster seemed to hint at some new Post-season presentation which would be great. Right now the playoffs don't feel any different from the regular season and fixing that would make seasons a lot more epic for December and January games.
Which poster?

# 60 OhMrHanky @ 06/29/15 06:19 PM
yeah, it would be nice to see updated halftime show to improve upon last year. Other games around the league, that type of thing. But, for me, I am less concerned about "broadcast" items. When I play, I normally turn off all broadcast commentary (and, having been doing this for years). Not because the commentary is bad (I mean, it is bad whether it's Simms or Collinsworth back in the day. Although, Colinswork had some funny/stupid remarks that made me chuckle every time I heard them). But, because I want to feel like i am on the field. Now, this is a personal preference, and to each his own. But, for me, the first order of business for presentation should be the crowd. And, I don't mean to offend, but at the very least, the logic of when to cheer (home/away, offense/defense) should have easily been implemented years ago. Loudness, start/stop, slowly getting louder, going insane on a turnover, etc. Those have never been implemented and i have never got the feeling of the crowd really getting behind the game. So, i hope they have improved on this year.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.