Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

The official NBA 2K Twitter account posted a picture today of cover athlete Anthony Davis getting body scanned. The promise is that it will give players "more authenticity than ever before."

Obviously that's a bit vague, but this is not the first time we've heard about this type of scanning. Back in January, we pointed out that a couple NBA teams posted similar images on their official Twitter accounts. In other words, the NBA 2K folks have been making their rounds to get this done.

It's hard to say if this is to try and push more realistic wingspans, more realistic tattoos, more body types, or something else even deeper than that. It also makes you wonder if you will have more body types to choose from when creating players.

Either way, more authenticity is never a bad thing, we'll just have to see how this all comes together.

UPDATE: Body scans continued...

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 23 @ 07/01/15 07:00 PM
God man cant we talk about the topic body scans without aome of yall complaining about something else?

I promise man its ridiculously immature to do this in every thread.

Wait til no tolerance kicks in. I'm banning people for this madness

# 22 23 @ 07/01/15 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruLEX$$
lmao @goffs has to be photoshopped...his wrist are thicker than his shins
Ive sat in church with Tyson Chandler before. Hes really just a tall skinny guy to be honest. Pics aside he doesnt look abnormal in everyday clothes because of this lol

# 23 ruLEX$$ @ 07/01/15 07:14 PM
bodyscans will look amazing...i just hope we get a variation with myplayer bodies as well... @23 you're right chandler along with most ball player are extremely lean... picture just looks funny to me lol

# 24 Smirkin Dirk @ 07/01/15 07:57 PM
Great move.

I do wonder of these are the '2 words' that were teased. Ronnie hasn't said it was, so I assume the 2 words is something else.

# 25 georgiafan @ 07/01/15 08:44 PM
Good to hear anytime you get better player scans it's a good thing

# 26 Cowboy008 @ 07/01/15 09:24 PM
Good news. Can't wait for more info.

# 27 MoneyOvaHuds @ 07/01/15 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemist55
Westbrook is signed on to live so I don't know if they got him scanned but he needs it because he looks nothing like his real life counter part. but I hope finally accurate detailed wing spans and hand length is in the game.

This doesn't mean anything IMO lol Lillard was on the Love cover and got a new face scan .

# 28 2_headedmonster @ 07/02/15 01:00 AM
i hope they finally, get the shoulders and backs right with these body scans. Its really evident when you try to replicate a sig shot and from the side the shoulder is blocking the half their head lmao.

# 29 Cabish @ 07/02/15 03:23 AM
I was wondering if this will ever happen!..2k always amazes

# 30 daveberg @ 07/02/15 04:10 AM
Probably gonna get jumped on for this, but......I guess this means the legends will all look like stick men then, as scanning for them is impossible.......

# 31 AceDawg5 @ 07/02/15 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Probably gonna get jumped on for this, but......I guess this means the legends will all look like stick me then, as scanning for them is impossible.......
Legends have looked pretty bad since the jump to next gen, it is definitely intriguing to see how they will use this new tech on them tho. With adding more classic teams I would hope they put that art department to work. I think u raise a valid point, on topic. No reason to be jumped on IMO

# 32 coolcras7 @ 07/02/15 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDawg5
Legends have looked pretty bad since the jump to next gen, it is definitely intriguing to see how they will use this new tech on them tho. With adding more classic teams I would hope they put that art department to work. I think u raise a valid point, on topic. No reason to be jumped on IMO
How exactly would they use this on legends, mens that have retired tens of years ago.

# 33 Eman5805 @ 07/02/15 02:46 PM
This means we'll be getting true to life tats on players. And all of Durant's hidden tats will actually be visible if the camera angle is right.

And LeBron has always just been too bulky ever since 2K10 or so.

Sounds good. But this can't have any impact on the thing that Mike Wang says was putting the AI programmers to the limit and such. There's gotta be a big announcement upcoming. And everything happens on a marketing plan, so we'll know when they're ready and want the hype to be at its maximum.

# 34 23 @ 07/02/15 03:02 PM
Doubt they scan the entirel league man

# 35 cthurt @ 07/02/15 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

Hopefully they got 100% on face scans this year, I would be happy with that even if all the bodies don't get scanned this year.

# 36 23 @ 07/02/15 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Hopefully they got 100% on face scans this year, I would be happy with that even if all the bodies don't get scanned this year.
Me to but if some guys dont want to get scanned you can't blame anyone.

At least put the effort into those faces.. I have a love hate thing with 2ks art and always have, but they've had the most scanned faces the last 2 years.

# 37 Goffs @ 07/02/15 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Hopefully they have enough variety of body scans that can be used for other players.

Wait...Might not work because if the tats? Guess 2k can just use the current body types for those that weren't scanned.

# 38 23 @ 07/02/15 03:50 PM
Agreed or moreso that there is an ability to edit that as well.

I want create a team back with better logos

# 39 redsox4evur @ 07/02/15 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
This means we'll be getting true to life tats on players. And all of Durant's hidden tats will actually be visible if the camera angle is right.
Not necessarily. He needs to go to his tattoo artist get his permission for them to be used in the game. You can see why in this article on polygon about EA being sued.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/10/385...attoos-in-2004

# 40 JohnnyCash2015 @ 07/02/15 05:25 PM
What about guys like shaq? Will we finally get his body type?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.