Home
NHL 16 News Post

NHL 16 continues to build on their authentic arenas and atmosphere with signature effects and well known props throughout the league. Check out a few examples in the images below.

Minnesota Wild - Xcel Energy Center

The Lighthouse in the Xcel Energy Center will blast a foghorn when the Wild score a goal and after a home ice victory.

Detroit Red Wings - Joe Louis Arena

The Legend of the Octopus in Detroit is one of the oldest and most iconic traditions in the sport of hockey. That’s why we had to get Al The Octopus looking just right.

Calgary Flames - Scotiabank Saddledome

During playoff games, the C of Red will be going nuts when the Calgary Flames take to the ice. To make the experience even more authentic, fire will blast from the Saddledome flamethrowers after every goal.

Washington Capitals - Verizon Center

Speaking of red, you’ll see a ton of it when you visit the Verizon Center during playoff time. Caps fans will #RockTheRed during the postseason as they cheer on their hometown Capitals.

NHL 16 arrives on September 15 for Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

SOURCE - EA Sports

Game: NHL 16Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
NHL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 shogunofharlem3 @ 07/04/15 06:55 PM
License me Rene Rancourt for Boston and I'll have to be in this year!

# 22 go expos @ 07/05/15 10:56 AM
Hey guys, does anyone know if True Broadcast camera angle is in this yr? if yes, can we adjust the zoom and height for it or is it standard? Will they add more camera angles? Thx

# 23 spidertour02 @ 07/06/15 05:59 AM
FYI, Rammer confirmed on Twitter a few hours ago that United Center is NOT currently in the game.

# 24 csamuelsvt @ 07/06/15 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidertour02
FYI, Rammer confirmed on Twitter a few hours ago that United Center is NOT currently in the game.
Yeah, I think they're trying to get it in, but theres just something preventing them from getting the likeness in the game..whether its 2K or something else.

He did confirm their goal horn is finally in the game tho, which is a positive.

# 25 ericromain @ 07/06/15 07:01 PM
I'm happy to see the Joe finally has the authentic banners! (at least the Stanley and retired numbers)
It would look awesome to have all the banners in the right space.

Al the octopus is a nice detail, but he should only appear during the playoffs.

# 26 green94 @ 07/06/15 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidertour02
Ugh, what is it with Stadiums in Chicago not getting licensed?

# 27 Ruffy @ 07/07/15 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
Ugh, what is it with Stadiums in Chicago not getting licensed?
Likely issues with cost or the stadiums sponsors rights. What sucks is the amount of time and resources they likely waste on negotiating to get these in the game etc.

The NHL should do a better job of securing these with any gaming etc. in mind for marketing.

# 28 Agatorfan @ 07/07/15 02:47 PM
Any news on PNC arena and if it will be in the game? There is no other video games that use the arena in their game so it's confusing that they won't let EA use it

# 29 csamuelsvt @ 07/07/15 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatorfan
Any news on PNC arena and if it will be in the game? There is no other video games that use the arena in their game so it's confusing that they won't let EA use it
Rammer confirmed on twitter that PNC arena is IN this year along with their authentic goal horn

# 30 xxjgbxx @ 07/07/15 09:37 PM
I'd you really want to impress us lightning fans get us the lightning rod

# 31 bigwill33 @ 07/07/15 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjgbxx
I'd you really want to impress us lightning fans get us the lightning rod
Do you mean the Tesla coils? They are already in the game.

# 32 Caniac94 @ 07/07/15 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by csamuelsvt
Rammer confirmed on twitter that PNC arena is IN this year along with their authentic goal horn
Yussss! This news makes me happy. (My condolences to Hawks fans. Hopefully United will get in soon. I want all 30 arenas in.)

# 33 THESHAMISASHAME @ 07/14/15 12:08 PM
This looks amazing thanks Rammer and all the folks at EA NHL you never disappoint me and all this added atmosphere and yes even real time playoff beards that continually grow is blowing me away and hopefully they dont change gameplay much either .

# 34 BoostedStig @ 07/17/15 02:32 AM
Still really upset about the lack of United Center in the game... As a lifetime Hawks fan, this pains me. At least (so they claim) the goal horn is correct this year. We shall see. It's a shame though. The Blackhawks are arguably the most relevant team of this decade and their home ice isn't in the game. Sad.

# 35 bigwill33 @ 07/17/15 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedStig
Still really upset about the lack of United Center in the game... As a lifetime Hawks fan, this pains me. At least (so they claim) the goal horn is correct this year. We shall see. It's a shame though. The Blackhawks are arguably the most relevant team of this decade and their home ice isn't in the game. Sad.
Yeah, but that is more on your team than anything EA can do about it. They are the ones that negotiate the rights and apparently someone else has those rights and EA can't get them. It is unfortunate, but that is the way business works.

# 36 buganation7 @ 07/22/15 02:30 PM
What happens when you score though? Is it still the same lame two person celebration? Hopefully we can get a group celebration..

# 37 csamuelsvt @ 07/22/15 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buganation7
What happens when you score though? Is it still the same lame two person celebration? Hopefully we can get a group celebration..
Yeah, looks like its the same 2 man celebration, which I don't get why they don't just do what FIFA 15 does and have the full team celebration. They say they borrow assets from all of the sports games...don't understand them saying they didn't have the time to put it in.

# 38 bigwill33 @ 07/22/15 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buganation7
Group celebrations beyond 3 man are not in the game for 16.

# 39 murph17 @ 07/22/15 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Long
will this game be in 720 or 1080?
i think i read somewhere that last year was 900 up-rez to 1080 and this year is native 1080.

# 40 csamuelsvt @ 07/23/15 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Group celebrations beyond 3 man are not in the game for 16.
Where did you see that we'll even get the 3 man celebration? Haven't seen this anywhere.

If we get the 3 i'll even be happy with that over the 2 man.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.