Home
NHL 16 News Post

EA Sports has released a couple more NHL 16 screenshots featuring mascots in the game. All of the NHL teams that have official mascots will have them in NHL 16.

Mick E. Moose of the Winnipeg Jets (pictured above) and Youppi! of the Montreal Canadiens (pictured below) have been revealed today.

Mascots will move around the arena to pump up the crowd, react to on-ice action, and they may even join in on post-game celebrations.

For those of you that have missed out on the recent news about the game, we've highlighted some of them below.For more news and media on the game, check out our NHL 16 page.

Game: NHL 16Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
NHL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 SuperGoalies @ 07/06/15 05:09 PM
nnniiicccee!

# 2 peter21 @ 07/06/15 05:19 PM
A lot of dudes in the Bell Centre in that screenshot. A lot of dudes.

# 3 Turbojugend @ 07/06/15 05:53 PM
So the Canadiens mascot is a mountain man with no pants. I can see why teams are afraid to travel there.

# 4 Stormyhog @ 07/06/15 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
So the Canadiens mascot is a mountain man with no pants. I can see why teams are afraid to travel there.
Youppi was the montreal expos mascot before they lost their team then montreal canadiens adopted him.

# 5 go expos @ 07/06/15 09:26 PM
it's unbelievable how he looks NOTHING like Youppi!.. this guy looks scary and looks more like a homeless guy.. Whereas Youppi! was a cute cuddly smiley Teddy Bear you just wanted to hug. This Youppi! looks scary.

Oh well, i'll trade a real looking Youppi! for great NHL 16 gameplay, anyday.

# 6 brandon27 @ 07/06/15 09:30 PM
That Jets mascot actually kind of makes me want to be a Jets fan a bit. lol

# 7 Turbojugend @ 07/06/15 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
Youppi was the montreal expos mascot before they lost their team then montreal canadiens adopted him.
So he's a pants-less orphaned lumberjack? Tell me more.

# 8 go expos @ 07/06/15 11:03 PM
Also, that screenshot of the fans is soooooo unrealistic.. first of all, i counted 14 black guys.. that is so unrealistic. You'd be lucky to see 2 black guys out of 21,273 fans at the bell centre. Here they have 14 in a few rows in 1 section. Last time i went to a habs game, i searched the whole bell centre and counted how many black guys i find..

I counted 2 out of 21,000+ fans.

# 9 kyussmanchu @ 07/07/15 07:06 AM
These are nice touches and all, but I find it a HUGE waste of time from a development standpoint. I mean, let's be honest. You might watch those scenes once or twice, but after a few games, you're gonna be skipping all the intro's and all the stuff between faceoffs.

# 10 go expos @ 07/07/15 09:29 AM
Bingo. Good Call. Exactly what i always say. You see it once, twice, eight times, always the same thing, you are now just skipping to the faceoff.

Perfect example, the intro, when the players line up from the dressing room to get ready to hit the ice... then they take the ice, skate around, tap the goalie's pads.. when we all first get the game and play it for the first time, we are watching like kids.. not skipping.. we are so excited to see it.. by the 4th game, i bet not one person will sit through the opening again.. it's right to the faceoff.

# 11 canucksss @ 07/07/15 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by go expos
it's unbelievable how he looks NOTHING like Youppi!.. this guy looks scary and looks more like a homeless guy.. Whereas Youppi! was a cute cuddly smiley Teddy Bear you just wanted to hug. This Youppi! looks scary.

Is this half of the budget of the production??? Really??? Its all good you know to have these mascots but honestly, I want to see gameplay because if I am buying this game, its not for the mascots, or the atmosphere, or the 1000 faces in the crowds...its gameplay, player and team differentiation.

# 12 Hockeynut99 @ 07/07/15 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by go expos

Ummmm ok if you say so. But they look dead on to me.

# 13 tangomike88 @ 07/07/15 12:54 PM
You serious, that is all they have to post? More mascots?! I hate to complain but this seems to be the only franchise showing off something so irrelevant. I wonder what it would have been like if FIFA just kept showing different boots for a few months or Project Cars showing off tire models or Forza 6 showing off car spoilers. I feel that is what they are doing here. Sad...

# 14 Madwolf @ 07/07/15 01:46 PM
Still haven't seen Fin for Vancouver, just the Green men.

# 15 peter21 @ 07/07/15 03:45 PM
This could be the classic magician sleight of hand trick. Distract the eye so you don't see how the trick is done.

The crowds and mascots are taking eyes away from the on-ice gameplay. Sadly, the trick will be on us when it's revealed they haven't really improved the on ice product.

# 16 canucksss @ 07/07/15 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
Still haven't seen Fin for Vancouver, just the Green men.
I think the appearance of the Green men in Vancouver will not be there next season. I read somewhere that last year's season was their last. So I dont know if EA is aware of it.

# 17 Madwolf @ 07/07/15 05:33 PM
The Green Men are either retired or retiring this year. I don't remember which.

# 18 RoyalBoyle78 @ 07/07/15 07:13 PM
Love it!!!! Ita got that first NCAA football mascot feel when we first got them in NCAA . I can't wait for NHL

# 19 OddyOh @ 07/08/15 07:39 AM
Agree fully with the guys who said we'll be skipping these cut scenes the 3rd or 4th time we see them. A waste of time in my opinion.

# 20 Freakywwe @ 07/08/15 07:55 PM
Not sure why people even think on-ice gameplay will be different? Look at last gen and tell me how much gameplay really changed in the first few years...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.