Home
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR News Post
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Videos
Member Comments
# 1 OnlookerDelay @ 07/07/15 09:59 AM
Okay, I'm convinced this game can be made to do wondrous things in Arcade mode with power boost and post shot spin control, while being depicted in full, follow cam glory. However, the smaller demographic who will play in Tour Pro difficulty using the new "Pro" camera presentation option are still pretty much in the dark about what the game has in store for them...

# 2 Flightwhite24 @ 07/07/15 10:09 AM
Looks amazing and all but from a Sim standpoint this is not what I'm wanting to see.

I'm excited for July 9th but damn I'm sure worried as hell at the same time. What I've seen up to this point is all Arcadish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 3 godylla @ 07/07/15 10:09 AM
Two takeaways from this video for me:

1. Glad the galleries look more full and vibrant during tournaments.
2. A bit anticlimactic with the commentary and the immediate cut away to the next hole. But this is just me nitpicking and is not discouraging me from getting the game.

Overall, I am on board with what I have seen so far, even it has been just a few trailers and clips.

# 4 DivotMaker @ 07/07/15 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Okay, I'm convinced this game can be made to do wondrous things in Arcade mode with power boost and post shot spin control, while being depicted in full, follow cam glory. However, the smaller demographic who will play in Tour Pro difficulty using the new "Pro" camera presentation option are still pretty much in the dark about what the game has in store for them...
EA Tiburon will be doing a live stream on Xbox One Thursday. Not sure what time. Same for PS4 on Monday. I will try to get time and details soon. Hopefully Justin will show us some Tour mode gameplay.....

# 5 OnlookerDelay @ 07/07/15 10:29 AM
Tim, aren’t Xbox One EA Access members going to have the access version of the game by sometime late Thursday afternoon? I’m just wondering if EA Sports would be trying to sequence things where the stream (USTREAM, I’m guessing?) would go live before the game is actually available as a download to EA Access subscribers.

# 6 jbd345 @ 07/07/15 10:30 AM
Looks good. I'll be playing on tour pro so like others I am a little worried. I'm assuming the lack of cutscenes is because of quick rounds. And I thought the commentary was great.

# 7 jb12780 @ 07/07/15 10:33 AM
I have EA Access and I'll be streaming at some point this weekend.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

# 8 DivotMaker @ 07/07/15 10:50 AM
Quote:
Tim, aren’t Xbox One EA Access members going to have the access version of the game by sometime late Thursday afternoon? I’m just wondering if EA Sports would be trying to sequence things where the stream (USTREAM, I’m guessing?) would go live before the game is actually available as a download to EA Access subscribers.
Not sure when the Access version will be playable and waiting for more details from Justin instead of speculating.

# 9 The Gunslinger @ 07/07/15 10:55 AM
The crowd and announcer need to respond with a lot more excitement. The guy just hit a hole in one, not a triple bogey. The crowd actually sounds louder in the beginning of the video then it does after the hole in one.

# 10 MrSkagTrendy @ 07/07/15 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gunslinger
The crowd and announcer need to respond with a lot more excitement. The guy just hit a hole in one, not a triple bogey. The crowd actually sounds louder in the beginning of the video then it does after the hole in one.
First thing that hit me. As the video loaded, I actually thought the shot had already happened and we were about to watch a replay of the hole in one!!

# 11 jay.sherman @ 07/07/15 11:40 AM
This swing looks different from past videos. Will there be custom swings?

# 12 snc237 @ 07/07/15 12:06 PM
I think the crowed reaction was poor. Their all clapping for the good shot then it goes on the hole and the audio stays the same. There should be a noticeable frenzy of noise when that happens.

# 13 Pompeo89 @ 07/07/15 12:34 PM
I came across this video late last night before bed on his twitter and watched a few times. Here are the things that stood out to me.

1. The sound of the ball strike...why does it sound like he's using a wooden club?
2. There is no gallery or people walking around the course during the cut scenes where it shows the leaderboard.
3. Adding to that, it didn't look like there was anyone on the other holes either?
4. Agree with everyone that the reaction of the crowd and even the commentary wasn't what you would hear on tv if someone actually got a hole in one. Especially on that hole with the size of the gallery. And that music?!?
5. I don't think iv'e ever seen a shadow cast that dark onto that tee box in real life before but now I'm just nit picking.

Other than that I can't wait to pick it up a week from today because as soon as I can actually play it i'm sure i will forget all about these minor details. Glad they are leaking some actual gameplay hopefully Justin drops a few more videos this week so we can all have something to talk about.

# 14 Ronoko @ 07/07/15 12:52 PM
The previous video I thought the atmosphere and crowd noises was a strong point.

# 15 Pompeo89 @ 07/07/15 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronoko
The previous video I thought the atmosphere and crowd noises was a strong point.
Agree with this

# 16 pietasterp @ 07/07/15 01:43 PM
Quote:
Couldn't have stated this better. I'd take it a step further and say that I think the past decade has convinced us that EA's game can do the above with the best of them.

I'd be interested to hear what you guys think after you get your hands on this thing for a good long time. I don't think 10 hrs will be enough to really tell anything, though. I think the first month is pretty much the honeymoon period (aka: wow! shiny new toy!), but after that is what separates the men from the boys.

# 17 Barto @ 07/07/15 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompeo89
Agree with this
It was a WEB.Com event, so perhaps that had something to do with the sparse crowd sizes.

# 18 Hunkerdown @ 07/07/15 02:49 PM
I am glad I got EA access to try out game. Then might just wait later to either purchase or wait till it hits EA access later. After all the patches and content updates. We shall see.

# 19 Pompeo89 @ 07/07/15 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
Couldn't have stated this better. I'd take it a step further and say that I think the past decade has convinced us that EA's game can do the above with the best of them.

I'd be interested to hear what you guys think after you get your hands on this thing for a good long time. I don't think 10 hrs will be enough to really tell anything, though. I think the first month is pretty much the honeymoon period (aka: wow! shiny new toy!), but after that is what separates the men from the boys.
This is a good point. I think the thing that will keep us all interested in the game after the honeymoon period will be the content they release to us. If they can keep the game fresh with new golfers who are playing well or new courses that are being played on tour that will be the key. Only time will tell with this one.

I decided to fire up the old PS3 last night and play a few rounds of TW14 and about midway through the third round I just couldn't take it anymore. The load time between holes is just ridiculous.

Also, does anyone know if Gamestop is doing a midnight release? I'm assuming the game isn't big enough but I thought i'd ask if anyones heard anything. Cheers

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.