Home
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR News Post

The Rory McIlroy PGA Tour download on EA Access is now available. You will have 10 hours of gameplay time before the game 'locks', forcing you to buy the full version.

Be sure to post your impressions of the game, and share your videos and screenshots!

For those of you not getting the game tonight, Chase Becotte is capturing footage for Operation Sports. Let him know in this thread if there's something in particular you want to see! You should start to see videos on the site tomorrow.

Game: Rory McIlroy PGA TOURReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 12 - View All
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Videos
Member Comments
# 541 brandon27 @ 07/13/15 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels2121
for now just hoping there's more than 6 tourneys
There's got to be more than 6 on the schedule... there's 8 licensed courses in the game, and the second tournament in career mode is on The Wetlands fantasy course... I'm not sure what you're referring to here.

# 542 goillini03 @ 07/13/15 08:58 PM
Finally got into the rest of the game...fourth time was the charm. Really stating to like the game. With proper care, added course, added golfers, this could be a great title. A lot of ifs, but I thought about how to approach Chambers Bay all afternoon at work!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

# 543 DivotMaker @ 07/13/15 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels2121
have you found more than the 6 tourneys we've heard about?
16 tournaments per season including the FedEx Cup progressive playoffs that I know of so far....

# 544 wheels2121 @ 07/13/15 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
There's got to be more than 6 on the schedule... there's 8 licensed courses in the game, and the second tournament in career mode is on The Wetlands fantasy course... I'm not sure what you're referring to here.
I was afraid it'd be one on each course (I meant 8), very glad it sounds like I'm wrong.

# 545 jay.sherman @ 07/13/15 11:08 PM
Don't u guys think there should be replays or at least a presentation camera?

# 546 Flightwhite24 @ 07/14/15 12:34 AM
Not happy to report but I just shot -12 at TPC Scottsdale on the highest setting.

I hit every fairway and I only missed 1 GIR. I will say the game is a thing of beauty but EA has to do something about the difficulty/accuracy off the Tee. Grant it I used J. Spieth but is this what I have to look forward to once my guy gets leveled up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 547 Zalf @ 07/14/15 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPBLACKMAMBA24
Not happy to report but I just shot -12 at TPC Scottsdale on the highest setting.

I hit every fairway and I only missed 1 GIR. I will say the game is a thing of beauty but EA has to do something about the difficulty/accuracy off the Tee. Grant it I used J. Spieth but is this what I have to look forward to once my guy gets leveled up?

Anything noticeably different from the access version?

# 548 Flightwhite24 @ 07/14/15 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalf
Anything noticeably different from the access version?

I'm picked it up for PS4 but it seems the same other than I think it looks a little better on PS4.

# 549 Klocker @ 07/14/15 12:52 AM
Wish you could turn off auto club selection and also why don't they tell you what shot they have selected for you? Like chip or pitch? it just says custom.

And they need to change the stances and animations for custom shots like chip and flop and punch and move the ball back forward in stance accordingly. and why not open stance or close it when adjusting draw or fades?

# 550 fishepa @ 07/14/15 07:49 AM
Every shot I hit comes up about 10-15 yards short.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 551 Flightwhite24 @ 07/14/15 08:01 AM
[quote=terrycurran62;2047492710]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPBLACKMAMBA24

Isn't the point of the game that you are supposed to create your own golfer and build up his attributes. Seems to be a bit a waste of time to play as a top pro. This is also like real life where golfers improve with practice, play and age.

Sawgrass was always been one of the easiest courses in TW. Shooting -12 as Spieth at Sawgrass isn't necessarily an indication as the game being too easy.

Might not be for you but for me I find the game fairly easy out the box. Pro/created golfer out the box on the toughest setting I didn't expect this type of score.

# 552 jbd345 @ 07/14/15 08:14 AM
Played a few round last night and was plesently surprised. Only gripe I have like many others is its too easy out of the box. And on ps4 I saw none of the graphical issues other people have experienced in the X1. Right now I'd give this game a 7/10. If they add more courses/golfers and boost the difficulty on the higher leavels. I think this game could just be as good as tiger 14.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.